Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on e-books

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Thoughts on e-books Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:27 pm

I have been considering selling my book as an e-book. Lulu.com, the site that I have published the paperback version, has an option for an e-book that can be a much less expensive option for people. To make $4/book(which I am donating to charity) Lulu charges $14.19 plus shipping. To make $4/e-book it would be $5, no shipping fee. So what I am asking, is does anyone think e-books are worht it, or should I just keep offering the paperback. I charge $15, shipping included for it, which is a couple of bucks cheaper than the printer. Thing is I have to purchase them in quantities of like 150 to make anything off of it for charity.

Input please.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:34 pm

The e-book would be great for people that enjoy them. However, I am still old school enough that I still love the smell of the paper and the feeling of it in my hands as I read a real book. That experience, to me, would be severely cheapened by reading it on your computer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

I can't say that I have ever even read an e-book. Not sure I even would.
If I get an email or chat board post that is much longer than a few short paragraphs I often print that out just to read it. I can't imagine reading an entire book on computer.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:57 pm

E-books aren't very populair here.
I wish they were.
When you have to make a long trip it's nice to listen to an e-book.
Or when we make the long trip to our vacation address it's cool to listen to e-books in the car.

I love to read the oldfashioned books.
I think I love reading since they taught me to read.
Nothing is more fun then to come back from the library with new books and you have to decide what book you will first read.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm not sure, but I think nazpastor is talking about electronic-books still in a readable text format.
Not necessarily audio-books (that you could listen to on cd or mp3).

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Yes, that is correct. An e-book is a downloadable version that you have to read on your computer screen, or perhaps on a portable device of some sort.

It seems as if the concensus is what I thought. There really wouldn't seem to be alot of interest in that format. I might still do it in 6 months or so, but I won't mess with it for now.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Sorry I misunderstood it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Nothing to apologize for. Smile

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:21 am

It makes me feel so silly.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:52 pm

I've only read textbooks on PC. While an ebook has obvious advantages, I too prefer the real deal. I can mark it up as I see fit and I spend enough time in front of the PC as it is.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on e-books   Thoughts on e-books I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on e-books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: