For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It's allergy season again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18168
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: It's allergy season again!   Sat May 31, 2008 4:48 am

Yep, it's that miserable time of the year again when everyone wants to be outside.......everyone except Alldat. Between itchy, swollen eyes and sinuses that won't stop flowing in the daytime/congested airways to the point I can't sleep at night, I am just plain miserable.

I've been taking Zyrtec, but that isn't helping. I switched over to a 24 hour Claritin-D to help clear my head out. It isn't working.

I haven't had a really good night's sleep in days. Combine that with 12 shifts all weekend, and I just don't feel like doing anything. I'm a zombie at work.

I may break down and go back to see my allergist. I took treatments (shots for a long time/under the tongue treatments for a while) for about 14 years. It gets old, but so does the allergy symptoms. I stopped the treatments about 3 years ago, so I will probably have to be retested. That will mean that horrible under the skin testing where you get close to 140 shots on either your arm or back. I don't cherish the thought of either.

Keep me in your prayers. I'd rather have a miracle than more treatments.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14668
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sat May 31, 2008 9:20 am

I recognize the allergy problems you have.
My kids are sneezing and the allergy bothers them so much.

What they do with one of my sons is an immunisation therapy.
That means he gets shots (yes awwww shots) with the pollen of grasses who are responsible for his allergy problems.
It takes three years to make him more resistent for grasses.
But it helps.The problems he has swollen eyes, itchy eyes, sneezing and more are less and less.

You are in my prayers and special when you have to work.
Hope you sleep better. And that "the zombie feeling" you have now due the lack of sleep will go away.
It might be a good idea to call your allergist to ask to start the treatment again to make you feel better. Or if there is something waht helps you now.
Are you so allergic for the pollen of grasses or trees of to both?

I feel so with you now you can't sleep at night.
Have problems to sleep too. I awake very early every morning.
Or can't sleep at night.
Sometimes you feel tired ...so very tired.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sat May 31, 2008 11:52 am

I feel for you brother. My wife has bad allergies, and had to do the shots for quite some time. They bother me as well, but not nearly as severely.
You can see the tree pollen out here so thick it looks like it is snowing!

I'll say a prayer for you.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm allergic to 7 different kinds of grasses and 8 different kinds of trees. I also have allergies to several different animal dander and some foods. The foods show up in tests, but I never really have any reactions. The food allergies are very minor.

I'll probably try to get into see my old allergist on Monday or Tuesday. Right now, I'd gladly submit to retesting and treatments again just to stop the symptoms. But, I think I am getting a sinus infection from all this. So, the fun just keeps going.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sat May 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Ugh, sinus infections are terrible. I seem to get one or two of those a year.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:01 am

I've had several suggestions on the CMR to skip the allergy treatments and find some local made honey. The honey contains the pollen from all the regional trees/grasses. Two teaspoons a day is supposed to be like getting the shots a couple times a week. Your body builds up immunities to the pollens in the honey.

Sounds crazy, right? I'd like to find out.

Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I've had several suggestions on the CMR to skip the allergy treatments and find some local made honey. The honey contains the pollen from all the regional trees/grasses. Two teaspoons a day is supposed to be like getting the shots a couple times a week. Your body builds up immunities to the pollens in the honey.

Sounds crazy, right? I'd like to find out.

A few of the guys I toured with had allergies and actually got local honey in each new town. It seemed to work.

On a sort-of side note. MOST of the guys I toured with INSISTED on local "honey" in every town...know what I mean???
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Sadly I think I get your meaning.
Being in a few garage bands growing up, that seemed to be the motivation for half (or more) of the members to be in a band.

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Quote :
I've had several suggestions on the CMR to skip the allergy treatments and find some local made honey.
That's what I heard to while I was waiting in a store.
The woman told me her husband asked a local bee-keeper for local honey.
She told me it really works.
I think to eat daily two teaspoons of honey is much better than to go to the hospital and the family doctor to get three years shots.

Quote :
sinus infection
I know how painful that is, I have had two sinus infections this year.

I hope you feel soon better.
No, it's not cool to feel like you now feel.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm

What did your allergist said about your very heavy allergic reactions?
Maybe a new treatment to make you feel better?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:44 pm

I did not try to see my old allergist yet. I just went to see my regular family doctor because I felt so bad, and I knew I could get in to see him.

I have a sinus infection due to the increased allergy symptoms. So, I have to take some antibiotics for a few days and try a different antihistamine with a decongestant instead of my usual Zyrtec.

Even if I had gone to the allergist, he would have done the same thing and got me through all this before he retested. In the meantime, I bought some local made honey and am going to try doing a more natural treatment first.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:45 am

I really hope the antibiotics and the new antihistamine will work for you so you feel better in some days.
When the blooming time of the grasses, plants and trees are over I think you do a lot better.

I will buy some local honey for my son and daughter too, special my son react very allergic on all the stuff that's in the air right now.
My kids use Xyzal.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Let us know if the local honey remedy does any good.

PostSubject: Re: It's allergy season again!   

Back to top Go down

It's allergy season again!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1