For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Please Pray

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Please Pray   Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi All, I have two things I would really appreciate prayer on.

Our Church is hosting it's 2nd annual day camp where I am counselling for a second time next week. This time last year my parents really opened up to letting me into the Church please pray that this opportunity will arise again with this year's camp and that we are able to show kindness and guidance to our campers to bring them closer to God and just help give them a fantastic summer.

Thing number 2, little less important Razz... I have owned my guitar since grade 8 but with my piano and saxophone becoming much more my focus my guitar has been somewhat forgotten. I pull it out about once every month and just have a good strum for an a few hours. My friend recently started guitar lessons and is really motivated to be good at it, his guitar however, it no good (fretboard broken and therefore strings don't stay in tune for more than about 3 strums) He has asked me at least for the summer if he can use my guitar, he doesn't really have anything he can pay me with for it but I do know he will take care of it. I tend to be a materialistic person and I know that especially with my other musical instruments I really don't need my guitar so please pray that I will find the generousity to give it to him and to just be happy with the beauty of the music he makes and his happiness whether he can pay much for it or not.

thanks so much
Beth
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Will do, girl!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Oooo have fun at camp. I pray you all with be great example of Christ for the "undecided" kids.

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:39 am

No problemo!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14671
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 pm

You can count on my prayers too.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Hey thank you all very much. I have just completed day #2 of the day camp (beach day:P). I must say I am feeling more exhausted than I ever have but things are going really well. We have quite the variety of kids and while in general they are all AWESOME, because it is a down town location we are getting a lot of community kids that are used to running free without structure and also used to having to fight for everything even food at a young age so they can be tough and get by when they aren't as well off. This is creating some roughness and bickering which is hard to deal with as a counsellor. It also make it a little bit more difficult to keep your cool with them . Although don't get me wrong it really is great to be able to be a role model for these kids and counselling is something I love doing so please keep those much appreciated prayers coming!

thanks so much
Beth
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Glad to hear you are having an oppertunity to influence those kids Sax-girl.
Keep up the hard work for His glory, and God will be by your side.

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray   

Back to top Go down

Please Pray
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1