Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Undercover

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
dale434445
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:29 am

I believe Undercover had different styles of music on their albums. I have the Devotion Cd. Do they have any other disc that has this same style ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:52 pm

I have "Devotion", "Branded" & "Forum" on cassette (have yet to find any of it on cd at a price I am willing to pay).
I hear their "Balance of Power" album probably sounds most like Devotion. Branded isn't too far off either, but by the time they did the Forum album they had moved into an acoustic alternative kind of sound.
Anything prior to Branded is pretty much punk rock.

Wikipedia actually has some cool info about them, here is the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_(band)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:14 pm

I need to find that "Branded".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:08 am

Their first few albums are considered punk, like Staybrite indicated, although it's not the kind of punk you'd hear from groups like Scaterd Few. It's more like early Lifesavers. I've come to call it alternative rock, because it doesn't really hold up to my standards of what punk is now.

But it's definitely a different flavor than their albums from Branded onward.

Balance Of Power saw a slightly harder edge, and what I'd term a "raw" side. They're not goth, by any means, yet I'm reminded of Dead Artist Syndrome in the kind of darker edge to a lot of the songs. Moodier.

After that it felt a bit lighter. Devotion is most like Forum in my opinion, despite the change in vocalists (Sim Wilson departed and was replaced by Rob Gallas, of Black And White World).

If you like Devotion, which is probably my favorite album by Undercover, I recommend checking out first Forum and then Balance Of Power. After that, check their back catalog, which are available on CD as Volume 1 and Volume 2. If you're into live material, there is also the live album 3-28-87. I believe this was reissued, which might help a little bit in getting ahold of the album, since the original is extremely hard to find now.

Everything through Balance Of Power was released on Broken Records, which closed up shop in the 1990s, which is why it's so hard to find. Devotion was released on Brainstorm, and Forum was released on WAL, so they were released in larger numbers. That's why they're a bit easier (although still not readily available) to find.

M8 also released a Live At C2K CD. This is out of print, of course, but it's probably not as expensive. Most of the Live At Cornerstone albums from M8 aren't as costly as other CDs.

If anyone is having any trouble locating any out of print Undercover material, let me know. I have them all ripped to mp3 already and can upload them to my web space then provide links. Just PM me. I can queue you up to mix it in with someone who is getting Resurrection Band CD rips to replace his vinyl rips. (I can only put about 5 albums at a time on my web space before it's full.)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:28 pm

I would love to do that for "Branded" and "Devotion". I have both on cassette and don't have an easy way to rip them to MP3 (short of mailing them to Alldat, and having him do it, he does a real good job btw). But my cassette copy of "Branded" is starting to squeak.

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 am

Sure thing Staybrite. Send me a PM to remind me. I'll try to get to that ASAP. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_(band)

This is the link to read more about the band Undercover.
I wonder if there are samples to listen how Undercover sounds?
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:49 pm

If anyone is interested, Radrockers had the Undercover Anthology Vol. 2, which contains 4 CDs and includes the complete albums:

3-28-87
Balance of Power
Devotion
Forum

This set is very tough to find normally and they have it for $25, which meets their minimum order requirement.

Here is a direct link: http://radrockers.com/Details.aspx?iid=2267
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

I would rather find the Anthology Vol. I.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Undercover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undercover   Undercover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Undercover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: