Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Menchen song.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2008 - 16:03

Menchen song

Check out this new Menchen song.
Do you like it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23474
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2008 - 19:27

I do like it!

I am glad to see Bill working with other vocalists. I like his voice okay, but the singer for Menchen or Titanic is much better. With these singers, Bill is turning out some world class metal.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2008 - 22:41

I have a pre-release CD-R of the new Menchen CD and would have to rate it as the best work I am yet to hear from Bill Menchen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2008 - 7:40

Dynamis wrote:
I have a pre-release CD-R of the new Menchen CD and would have to rate it as the best work I am yet to hear from Bill Menchen.

Even better than the third Titanic CD? Now you've gone and raised the bar! We'll have to see when it comes out.

Do you have a clue as to a release date?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:35

That is my question too.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2008 - 19:05

Quote :
Do you have a clue as to a release date?

The last I heard is that they are in the process of the final mix. So hopefully it won't be much longer.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 8:57

I hope the same.

Do all bands pre-release their albums?
I think those pre-released are meant for commercial goal area.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 9:19

A lot of bands send out a promo disc. Sometimes, these are full versions of the CD without artwork--sometimes with artwork specially made for the promo. Sometimes, the CD contains the songs that might not have the final version that will be on the release to the public. I have even seen a couple just sent out on a CD-R that the band burned themselves. There is no set rule on prereleases or promos.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 15:20

I'm sure Michael and Andy get a lot of promos.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 20:08

This sounds vet gaaf!
I expect I might like this even better than the last Titanic album.

Dynamis

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 22:46

Quote :
A lot of bands send out a promo disc. Sometimes,
these are full versions of the CD without artwork--sometimes with
artwork specially made for the promo. Sometimes, the CD contains the
songs that might not have the final version that will be on the release
to the public. I have even seen a couple just sent out on a CD-R that
the band burned themselves. There is no set rule on prereleases or
promos.

Correct. What I received was a pre-release CD-R before the final mix took place.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 8:36

You are a lucky guy Andy to get all those promo's long before we can order the CDs.
Andy, do you always give the bands who sent you a promo a review about what you have listened too?
Or you only write your reviews about full length albums?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 19:20

Quote :
You are a lucky guy Andy to get all those promo's long before we can order the CDs.
Andy, do you always give the bands who sent you a promo a review about what you have listened too?
Or you only write your reviews about full length albums?

It all depends. Sometimes an artist/label will send me a promo and request I not write the review until the final product is finished (such as is the case with Menchen). Other times, I will received a promo CD of the completed product for the purpose of putting together a review. So I guess it all depends.

Also, I do not always write reviews of full length albums. Occasionally I will write a review of an EP.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008 - 8:49

How did you started Andy with writing reviews of christian bands?
Did it ever happend that the band didn't like the review you have written about their CD?

I am sure it takes lots of time to write reviews.
You have to listen and listen to the CD before you can write an objective review.
But, isn't a review not more than what the writer hears?
Is it your personal meaning about a CD?

So we have to wait till we can read your Menchen review till the CD is released?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008 - 20:13

Quote :
How did you started Andy with writing reviews of christian bands?
Did it ever happend that the band didn't like the review you have written about their CD?

I am sure it takes lots of time to write reviews.
You have to listen and listen to the CD before you can write an objective review.
But, isn't a review not more than what the writer hears?
Is it your personal meaning about a CD?

So we have to wait till we can read your Menchen review till the CD is released?

All good questions. So I will take things from the top...

I officially began work on the site in January of 2004. The first review I put together was Angelica's self titled release.

Actually, all of my reviews are positive so I am yet to get any complaints from bands. Lol. In all seriousness, if I put together a critical review an artist usually just ignores it or simply sends in a question or two. All in all, the groups I review have proved to be a "good sport" about things and handle things professionally- whether good, negative or in between.

I like to listen to a CD a minimum of a half a dozen times before I put pen to paper. The writing process begins with the first draft (which can take on average 2 to 3 days). I like to rewrite the review at least twice - with 48 hours between each re-write - and then proof read and format it before publishing it online.

Yes, that is correct- a review is simply my opinion of the music but I attempt to be as fair, honest and objective as possible.

Good question. I believe the label plans to first print the Menchen CD's and then forward a copy for review. That is what they did with His Witness. But as previously stated, sometimes I will receive a promo copy and write the review off of that.

Thanks for the good questions,

Andy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008 - 23:02

Cool insight. Thanks for answering those kwestions.

rockerVu2

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Sep 2008 - 7:49

It is nice you answered on my questions Andy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Menchen song. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Menchen song.   New Menchen song. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Menchen song.
Page 1 of 1