Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Common Children anyone?

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
RoxxRegime
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Common Children anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Currently listening to Skywire by Common Children. Freakin' great album! Definitely in the Nirvana/Smashing Pumpkins/etc vein, but very emotional. It's almost like a HEAVY goo goo dolls.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Hmm a heavy Goo Goo Dolls sounds interesting.
Do they have the vocal melody or is it mostly the whiny kind of delivery like with Smashing Pumpkins?

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 pm

The definitley had that grunge sound down on the first album. Then they took a turn on Delicate Fade and the Inbetween Time. I have all 3 cds. Love this band. The last album took some getting use to but I did
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 am

It will be cool to find out how Common Children sounds.
But I am to lazy today to search.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:33 pm

It looks like their 2001 album "The Inbetween Time" is still for sale at CD Baby, and you can listen to sound samples.
Click Here for Common Children @ CDBaby

They also have two other albums at CDBaby that are only availible as MP3 Download albums, but no sound samples.

Very well done. Most of "The Inbetween Time" songs seem to have a dreamy alternative quality to them. Not heavy at all, kind of soothing.

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Yea, if your wanting something like their first album, The Inbetween Time will dissapoint. It is very dreamy and not real heavy. I got it when it came out. It takes some getting use to and if you like CC then it is worth it. It's pretty cool that lead singer Marc Byrd went on to pen one of the biggest worship songs out there today, God of Wonder
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I seem to remember having a cassette by this band years ago, but I can't remember anything about them. I might have to bum a couple of burned CDs from you, Ian.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks Gary for posting the link so I can listen to Common Children.
It's not like all the other music sounds.
I like the sound of Common Children.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:43 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
It's pretty cool that lead singer Marc Byrd went on to pen one of the biggest worship songs out there today, God of Wonder
That's interesting. I could barely tell Delicate Fade was a Christian album. Actually I don't think I could.

ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Delicate Fade was a great album. Definitley christian without being preachy. They do have a song on that album called "Eyes of God" which is kind of a worship/rock song. I know that Marc Byrd (lv) is now into writing worship music
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:11 pm

I couldn't find anything on Delicate Fade or Skywire to play on my show. It's very rare for that to happen.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 am

I have a copy of Skywire coming my way from lala.
I'll have to let ya'll know what I think when it arrives.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:06 am

ChosenOne now you have told us about Common Children and you talked with topshot about Delicate Fade and Skywire you make me very curious how those bands sound.
Is there a link so we can listen to both band?
Or do we have to wait till staybrite has written his SkyWire review?
You tell us news about good band, keep it coming ChozenOne.

I have some things to trade for Lala too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Quote :
I have a copy of Skywire coming my way from lala.

You mean Lala still has members? Last time I went, it was virtually a ghost town. When Music Boomerang opens to the public, I look for Lala to dry completely up as the focus has shifted from trading to selling MP3s.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Children anyone?   Common Children anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common Children anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: