Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sacred Warrior

Go down 
+3
Dynamis
Staybrite
Fundy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:50 pm

If the reports are indeed true, then it's a good day for christian metal! I never really got in to Sacred Warrior until late on, but after buying Obsessions I was hooked!

Fundy scoring system? Oh, go on then!!!

Obsessions 9/10 Great album, and their best (to date!) Every song is great, and I never skip any track at all.

Master's Command 8/10 some really good stuff on here, and really showcases one of the best metal bands of the late 80's

Rebellion 8/10 another great album. Not so many memorable tracks as MC, but still well worth owning.

Wicked Generation 6/10. The only SW album I don't like. It's a concept album that just doesn't seem to work for me. It's many people's favourite, and also the hardest to find, but to me it's their weakest.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:55 pm

Yes I really hope they are recording a new album. It gets kind of disheartening to hear all these old bands getting back together and working on new material....than a year later they have dropped it and their wont be a new album. So I do really hope they are recording and will release a new album.

Heres how I would rate them.

Rebellion 7/10 (pretty decent album, awful production)
Masters Command 8/10 (production still kind of poor)
Wicked Generation 8/10 (a couple of tunes I didn't care for)
Obsessions 10/10 (fantastic album)

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 pm

I was listening to "Rebellion" earlier today and give it a solid 9.5/10. It is my favorite Sacred Warrior album. Going to have to go back and listen to the bands back catalog before giving an accurate grade to their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 am

I just listened to the first three albums within the past few days, and I'll be spinning my burn of "Obsessions" tomorrow.

I totally agree with Fundy's asessment of the albums, with one exception - I prefer "MC" over "Obsessions", but just barely. "WG" was the first SW CD I bought, and I do like it, but I agree that it's their weakest... has some great songs that I LOVE singing along to, but overall, just doesn't make me crave hearing it like those other two do.

I agree with Staybrite's comments on the production, though... always wished "MC" had the kind of production that "Obsessions" has... that would KICK!

I saw them live for the "Obsessions" tour... AWESOME!!! Wish I bought the CD at the concert though, because it's the ONLY one I don't have to this day... want it SO badly!

Now, I heard a while back, two, maybe three years ago, that they had gotten back together and were recording a new album, and it never happened. I was very disappointed. So let's hope...
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:21 am

Wow this is great news! I always did like SW. I still listen to their discs on occasion. The only disc I haven't heard tho' is Obsessions. I didn't get it for some reason (don't ask me why,I can't remember) yet have always heard good things about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:02 pm

I ain't getting my hopes up until they announce that the recording is done and CDs are being manufactured. Too many bands have gotten back together and promised new material that never saw the light of day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:23 am

What would be cool is if Retroactive got with all the supposed reunions that fizzled and got whatever they had (1 track, 2 tracks) and released a compilation. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 am

That indeed would be a great idea.

I'd buy one.

FUndy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:44 am

Quote :
What would be cool is if Retroactive got with
all the supposed reunions that fizzled and got whatever they had (1
track, 2 tracks) and released a compilation.

That would be a great idea!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
What would be cool is if Retroactive got with all the supposed reunions that fizzled and got whatever they had (1 track, 2 tracks) and released a compilation. Twisted Evil

Sounds like a great idea. Now go tell Retroactive!

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:59 pm

I never listened to Sacred Warrior.
Found some samples and have to say they sound good.
Retroactive will do a good job in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sacred Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior   Sacred Warrior I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Warrior
Page 1 of 1