For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What version of the Bible do you use (most)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 am

the source for the King James was not the best..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
bassdude

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

I use the Bible app on my smartphone a lot, it great to be able to switch versions with just a tap on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

You know another great one is the free online version: NET Bible. Some very savvy scholars put this one together basically cuz the NIV is copyrighted. It was completed so the common man could have a Bible that they could quote and use for any studies they desired. In many places it's better than the NIV, in others, it's a little lacking. But overall it's a great free Bible for online use or download if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18229
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
You know another great one is the free online version: NET Bible. Some very savvy scholars put this one together basically cuz the NIV is copyrighted. It was completed so the common man could have a Bible that they could quote and use for any studies they desired. In many places it's better than the NIV, in others, it's a little lacking. But overall it's a great free Bible for online use or download if you wish.

Sounds cool, gonna have to check that one out.

Number of posts : 14677
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I use the NIV version.

And in my own language a version that's similar to the NIV.

I've bought in Canada a NIV Women Devotional Bible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm

For online resources, I love the Blue Letter Bible.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

It's got multiple versions, an original languages feature integrated with Strong's Concordance, various commentaries and study guides, and a lot of other resources.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:43 pm

The blue letter bible website I just added to my favorites. Thanks for posting that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:32 pm

You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3746
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I used to have a parallel Bible back in the day, but that's the one that was stolen from my truck. [/u].

Not sure what to think about that. Kind of like "That's bad someone stole something from you." But then at the same time "They stole a BIBLE!!! That's got to be the best thing to steal, could mean a conversion!"

bounce

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
unworthy

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 am

did you know that the book most stolen IS the bible?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3365

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:18 pm

My favorite is the ESV but I also like NKJV, NLT, NIV and NASB.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Quote :
Not sure what to think about that. Kind of like "That's bad someone stole something from you." But then at the same time "They stole a BIBLE!!! That's got to be the best thing to steal, could mean a conversion!"
I keep telling myself it was a good thing, God's will and all... but, as I've told the story here a few times, someone broke into my truck and stole a bunch of stuff. They grabbed the Bible cuz it was in a nice case that appeared to be the same case you'd keep a camera in or something. The bummer part was, I had 17 years of studies in that Bible... I've spent the last 5 or 6 years putting all those studies back together.
Some good came out of it in that I studied my previous studies in much more depth than before. And it's all digital now with several back ups.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5641
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:19 pm

I usually use NIV, with the KJV here and there and a French edition when needed.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm not particularly fond of NIV for some reason... love the NASB and HCSB, though.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Quote :
HCSB

VERY good translation ! Gonna get that someday soon for my PC.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18177
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 am

HCSB = Hard Core Southern Baptist version lol!

I like the NIV, NLT, and HCSB. I might get The Voice when it gets cheaper. It's a new version done by Lifeway. My pastor's wife was on the team that put it together. She even wrote a couple of articles for the final version.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What version of the Bible do you use (most)?   

Back to top Go down

What version of the Bible do you use (most)?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2