Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives

Go down 
+5
Fundy
7thSecond
Dynamis
rockerVu2
Staybrite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Ok, I know there probably aren't a ton of Tourniquet fans here (Fundy, Endy, maybe 7thSec & Topshot).

And I'm certianly not a huge fan myself. As a matter of fact I have owned almost every Tourniquet album, and have traded (or given away) all except "Where Moth & Rust Destroy" and "Carry the Wounded". But I was recently given a CDR of their "Acoustic Archives" disc and I am majorly impressed! This is a very cool album, I will definately have to get my hands on an original copy. This will probably be my favorite album by the band.

What do you think of this album? Or have you even heard it?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Staybrite the "Acoustic Archives" is that really an acoutic Tourniquet album, or it's only the name?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Never been a Tourniquet fan but "Acoustic Archives" sounds interesting. Might have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:08 pm

There are 10 songs on the album and 9 of them are completely acoustic (there is one full electrical song at the end). I'm pretty sure they are all songs that are original Tourniquet compositions (from other albums) but just redone acoustically

Here is a youtube clip with one of the songs from the album. (the sound is actually a bit better than this on the album).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FztYCggb7ww&feature=related

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:03 am

I had this album and it was even numbered and autographed by Ted. Stupidly I traded it away some time ago.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:08 am

Oh man, that stinks.
But I can imagine it might not be a big hit with even the die-hard Tourni fans, as it is something of a departure for them (even given all of their musical changes).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:13 am

I thought it was a pretty good idea, to hear some of their older stuff done acoustically. Artwork was agreed by all at CMR (at the time) to be rather ropey! I haven't listened to it in years, and probably won't for a few more years as it wasn't much to my taste. But it is a good album, and interesting listen. Those who like the quieter side of things would be welll advised to go and grab a copy.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:59 am

Acoustic archives is good...to be honest though I've heard better acoustic releases coming out of the Christian arena.

Having said that, Tourniquet is my favorite metal band. I've got all their CDs, DVDs and some t-shirts to boot. I saw them here in Germany at last years CRN...best band of the show. Of course that's just my opinion. Wink

I think Tourniquet needs to come out with a new release for the fans. The Tourniquet fan base is usually very loyal, but I think people will lose interest if they wait too long between releases. That happened with Boston back in the days.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:12 am

It's the fundy rating system!

1 - Stop The Bleeding 10/10
Brilliant album from start to finish. An amazing thrash metal masterpiece.
2 - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance 9/10
Great album, with some amazing songs on it.
3 - Psycho Surgery 8/10
Really good album although slightly too short. Broken Chromosomes is probably one of the best christian metal songs ever written.
4 - Where Moth And Rust Destroy 8/10
A return to form for the Tourniquet guys. Didn't like the last song, but the rest of the album is very good. Especially when Luke doesn't growl!
5 - Crawl To China 7/10
Hugely underrated album that really is Luke on top form. The album fits his vocals perfectly and (apart from the artwork) it hit the nail on the head.
6 - Carry The Wounded 7/10
Nice EP. The ballads are all good, but I can't rate it too highly as it's only 4 songs.
7 - Vanishing Lessons 6/10
Didn't really like this when I first heard it. Didn't like the vocals much, and it seemed a bit too "modern" for me.
8 - Microscopic View Of A Rather Messy Realm 2/10
Don't like this album at all. Artwork is great though, and the layout is superb.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Fundy wrote:
It's the fundy rating system!

8 - Microscopic View Of A Rather Messy Realm 2/10
Don't like this album at all. Artwork is great though, and the layout is superb.

Fundy

Nice "renaming" there Fundy.

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:02 pm

I love the one plugged in song and a few of the acoustic tracks are good. My copy is autographed by Luke Easter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:51 pm

I never bothered to search this out since there was nothing for my show on it. Is the last song a new one or just a different version of a previous one?

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:49 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I never bothered to search this out since there was nothing for my show on it. Is the last song a new one or just a different version of a previous one?

I believe it is a completely new tune, and it is a galloping bone crushing song.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:32 am

Quote :
Didn't really like this when I first heard it. Didn't like the vocals much, and it seemed a bit too "modern" for me.

That's the only cd of theirs I like. Being more modern was why I liked it. It wasn't thrash at all!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

That's the only cd of theirs I like. Being more modern was why I liked it. It wasn't thrash at all!

I might need to give that album another try. Could be I gave up on it too hastily.

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives   Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet - Acoustic Archives
Page 1 of 1