Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Overkast is now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:01 am

A band I mentioned about a year ago is finally releasing thier new album. The band is called OverKast. They are probably my new favorite band out of the pacific northwest. They are releasing the album around Febuary so it will go to my want list. So feb already has Red,rumored Guardian & now Overkast. wow. Check out the samples on their myspace page.

Overcast

Looks like they have the cd ready to ship out. Only 13 bucks. Here is the information if you would like to order. Probably be my first cd of '09.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=105623323&blogID=462379133

Last edited by ChosenOne on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:48 am

Overcast sounds good Chosenone.
You are very good in bringing bands under our attention. Twisted Evil

I hope not only February will be a good month for us "rockers".
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:47 pm

I noticed OverKast was almost done a few days ago. I'm looking forward to it.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:43 am

Looks like my extra spending money in February is already being snatched up!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I just placed an order for this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Cool give us a review how the new Overkast sounds.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:12 pm

It pretty decent modern rock that leans toward the smoother but not poppy side of things.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:13 am

I might have to get this, and support the "local guys" (especially since there are so few of them).

Admin
alldatndensum

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:54 am

Only support them if you really like them. No need to spend the dough if the CD isn't going to get some love now and then.

My goal for 2009 is to be picky and buy NO CDs that are "traders". I don't care if I have 10 CDs by a particular band. If it doesn't sound like I'd love from online clips, then it doesn't need to make it into the coolection. I'm tired of buying stuff only to be disappointed later.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Here I am hyping up this band and still haven't ordered it. Will be doing that tonight. Will probably be my first cd of '09. I agree with you Alldat about cds. Honestly last year I didn't by any real clunkers except for maybe Third Day's Revelation. It's a good cd and I will spin it from time to time but I was expecting something a little more harder. I think I'll start paying more attention to reviews and what my fellow peers think.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Only support them if you really like them. No need to spend the dough if the CD isn't going to get some love now and then.

Well I gotta confess the first time I listened to them (way back when Chosen first posted about them). I only heard one of their tracks, and it sounded like generic modern rock to me. But after listening to all the tracks on their myspace site (and they posted 6, must be like half the album), I see there is quite a bit of variety to their sound. That alone would probably be enough to keep me interested enough in the album to at least spin it on occasion (may even more).
I should really love most modern rock, because it usually has decent hooks, and lots of melody. But my biggest problem with many modern rock bands is that the music seems to sound really "samey" from song to song. But that isn't the case for some artists/records. Take Hammertown for instance, absolutely love their album. Skillet's "Comatose" is another great example, enough variety to keep me happy. But Skillet's previous album "Collide" bored me to tears, and I gave it away.
I think this OverKast album definately has enough variety for me. The music also sounds genunie and honest. Something I can't say for every band in the modern rock category.

Overkast is now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkast is now   Overkast is now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkast is now
Page 1 of 1