Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying Power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 am

You can always tell a good album by its staying power. Some albums I'm really eager to hear but after a couple of listens they just end up sitting on the shelf gathering dust. Others which I think will only be 'okay' I can't seem to get out of my CD player.

Disciples "Scars Remain" I thought I'd really like and listen to alot, but after a couple of listens I don't really play it much at all. Not sure why, 'cause it's a good album, but it doesn't have the appeal that Back Again did.

Boarders "The World Hates Me" is a complete surprise. I still play it frequently and really enjoy about 8 of the tracks, it is diverse, powerful and the lyrics are pretty open in their praise of God.

Bride's "This Is It" was another album that I thought I'd listen to alot, but apart from one song (Head Lookin' For A Bullet) I don't listen to the album much at all.

Bride's "Skin For Skin" is another story though. Yes, I know the universalism issues, but I can get round that and still enjoy the music. And actually I enjoy this album right up there with Scarecrow Messiah. I've said before that the most Universalist song on there is End Of Days but you can actually sing it and mean it in a non-universalist way. And that's the way I choose to sing it. Dale and Troy still have bundles of talent and I'm interested to hear their last album as Bride.

What albums do others think have staying power (or not, as the case may be)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:25 am

First I think that this is very personal.
One still loves Disciple while others prefer other bands.

Seventh Day Slumber "Finally Awake" is an album I love to listen too. It are the lyrics that touched my heart.
Sometimes it like song are specially written for you.

Letter 7 "Salt Of The Earth" is an album I keep listening too.
Great music, great lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:50 pm

This happens to me too.

I have never been able to stay very interested in much of anything from Bride or Disciple.

For some reason I thought I would really like Kutless' "Hearts of the Innocent" album, but after half-a-dozen listens I just shelved it.

Darrell Mansfield's "Mansfield & Co" and "Revelation" albums have both been a surprise to me. I did not expect to like them much at all, but I still spin them on a regular basis. Both fantastic albums.

--

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:49 pm

I agree with you staybrite "Revelation" of Darrell Mansfield is a great album.
I have listen to Bride a lot but don't like the universalism gedoe.
The last two albums of disciple I like.
"Hearts Of The Innocents" and "Sea Of Faces" are great albums too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:53 pm

If a CD is a keeper for me, then I might play it a lot for a while and eventually shelve it. But, if it's something I really like, then I will come back and revisit it from time to time.

Bands without staying power for me?

7 Days
Wingdom

I like the CDs by them, but I never really got into them a lot when I first got them. So, they very rarely get spun.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Staying Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Power   Staying Power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staying Power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: