Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Underrated bands.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:52 am

Are there underrated bands?
Band who really deserve a good review.?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 4:42 pm

If you're a lyrics person then I've always believed "Omega Highways" album "Love" to be one of the most underrated albums of the 90's. Dodgy production and okay vocals, and okay music, but top notch, passionate, heartfelt lyrics.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 7:49 am

What about Barlowgirl?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:38 am

BarlowGirl gets more than a fair shake. They get lots of press in magazines like CCM and HM. Christian radio stations play them at least once an hour.

An underrated band, to me, would be any artist that you really like, but the media really just passed over them. The artist, for whatever reasons, just did not get much attention with their release. It could be production issues, lyrical content, bad hair in the cover photo--whatever. But, even though the mass market did not go for this band, you loved them and thought they deserved more attention.

What are some bands that are/were underrated to me?

Mouthpiece
Poor Man's Riches
Titanic
Ledfoot

and the list could go on and on. All of these listed bands are every bit as good as their secular (and Christian) counterparts. But, for the most part, they have failed to really spark a lot of interest.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 12:56 pm

I've obviously heard of Titanic, but
Mouthpiece, Poor Man's Riches, and Ledfoot ? Are they Christian ? What type of music ?
There are SO MANY bands in this world my head spins... I mean, when I got saved, I tossed all my secular junk and bought a couple Christian albums... at the time I thought there were maybe only a 100 or so bands that were considered Christian contemporary... even up to '97 I thought there were only less than a thousand CCM... today I'm realizing there are more Christian bands out there than grains of sand it seems !!!!
I can't keep up with them !

Sorry, tangent....
as far as under rated bands go:
I've always thought ApologetiX gets too little credit for their current talent (lyrically and musically), they also get a lot of bad reviews... theyre supposed to be a parody band, but I find that some of their songs are ingenious how theyre written. Many have spoken to me and helped me to memorize Scriptural points (even the older stuff, that quite frankly, wasn't easy to listen to).

Is this thread just for current bands or can it be for bands that WERE underrated in their time ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Quote :
Is this thread just for current bands or can it be for bands that WERE underrated in their time ?

I don't think that it really matters. Share your opinions.

Quote :
I've obviously heard of Titanic, but
Mouthpiece, Poor Man's Riches, and Ledfoot ? Are they Christian ? What type of music ?

All of those bands I listed are definitely Christian artists with a gospel message. These types of artists is what CHM seeks to promote.

Anyway, the bands listed would be in these genres:

Titanic - Traditional metal
Ledfoot - Blues based metal/hard rock
Mouthpiece - Radio friendly modern rock
Poor Man's Riches - Modern rock (think Creed or Kutless)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 6:37 pm

very cool... I'll be looking into them
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 5:19 am

Ledfoot is indeed underrated, but to me it wasn't an instant hit when I first heard it. Apart from 2 songs I found the others a little bit more tricky to get into.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 8:01 am

If Ledfoot has a CD with blues based metal/hard rock I am very interested.
I only hope there's someone who knows if I can order that CD.
I am very interested in more blue based or blues rock music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:00 pm

avdb11 wrote:
If Ledfoot has a CD with blues based metal/hard rock I am very interested.
I only hope there's someone who knows if I can order that CD.
I am very interested in more blue based or blues rock music.

I have never seen that disc for sale anywhere (maybe Ebay). I have been looking for nearly a year.

--

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:06 pm

As for under rated bands. I think I would have to go with..

Cynical Limit (great music, seemed to get panned by everyone)
James Guest (one of those talented guys nobody has heard of)
Wisdom Call (probably Christian Rivel's least popular side project, but one of my favorites)

Admin
alldatndensum

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:49 pm

I found my Ledfoot CD on Blastbeats a couple of years ago cheap. I ain't giving it up, either!

Another band I think that is underrated is Lordchain. I love their slow, groove metal sound that they have evolved into. But, I don't know of many people who are fans of them.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:56 pm

Here is an other Lordchain fan.
I love this band too.

You are so lucky to find a Ledfood on Blastbeats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Underrated bands. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated bands.   Underrated bands. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underrated bands.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: