Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting take on things.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Interesting take on things. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 am

Pray Obama fails
Posted: January 19, 2009
1:00 am Eastern

©️ 2009

Many American Christians believe, as an article of faith, that we are to pray for the success of our leaders.
It has become a sort of conventional wisdom among soft-minded
believers. The biblical proof-text for this misguided way of thinking
is Romans 13:1-4:
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
"Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the
ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves
damnation. "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.
Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and
thou shalt have praise of the same: "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou
do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:
for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him
that doeth evil."
What could be more clear-cut? At face value, it would seem the
Bible is telling us government is a God-ordained good and that we are
not to resist its terrors.
Many a coward has been bolstered in his conviction against
challenging tyranny by not reading too deeply into the Scriptures. Yet,
nowhere does the Bible ever suggest evil rulers are to be obeyed. When
the rule of men conflicts with the commands of God, the Bible leaves no
doubt about where we should stand.
That's why I do not hesitate today in calling on godly
Americans to pray that Barack Hussein Obama fail in his efforts to
change our country from one anchored on self-governance and
constitutional republicanism to one based on the raw and unlimited
power of the central state.
It would be folly to pray for his success in such an evil campaign.
(Column continues below)

GA_googleFillSlot("WND_COL_C0150");

_GA_googleAdEngine.createDOMIframe('google_ads_div_WND_COL_C0150' ,'WND_COL_C0150');

GA_googleFillSlot("WND_COL_C0155");

_GA_googleAdEngine.createDOMIframe('google_ads_div_WND_COL_C0155' ,'WND_COL_C0155');

I want Obama to fail because his agenda is 100 percent at odds with
God's. Pretending it is not simply makes a mockery of God's
straightforward Commandments.
So you will not see me joining in the ritual of affirming Obama
and his mission in public or private prayer this week – or any other
week.
Instead, I uphold the words of Jesus in Matthew 15:14: "Let
them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead
the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." And I take warning from
Isaiah 9:16: "For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and
they that are led of them are destroyed."
And please don't tell me about "rendering unto Caesar."
It's important to consider the circumstances and the audience
behind Jesus' instructions to "render unto Caesar." The Sadducees were
attempting to trap Jesus into advocating open contempt for Caesar. He
recognized their wicked and hypocritical little game and answered them
with a totally truthful response that astonished everyone. But think about it. There are two components to Jesus' words.
We are to "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's," but we are
also to "render unto God the things that are God's." Well, everything
ultimately belongs to God. But, most of all, this injunction by Jesus
instructs us that government laws cannot trump God's laws – ever. If government commands you to do evil, as a Christian you must
resist. There is no alternative. Citing the "render unto Caesar" line
is an apologetic for accountability to God – nothing more, nothing
less. Furthermore, it needs to be pointed out that in America we
don't have a Caesar. Never have, never will. You see, our system of
government is called a free republic, and it is based on the concept of
constitutional self-government. We have no "rulers" in America – except
ourselves and our God. We believe in the rule of law, not the rule of
men. This is an important distinction, not a semantic one.
Nowhere in the Bible does it teach us to obey evil rulers. Nowhere.
This is a time for principled biblical resistance, not phony Christian appeasement.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 am

Pray for his failure? I would agree that praying for the failure of his stated agenda would be right, but not praying for HIS failure. On his best day, Obama is a mere mortal man and needs prayer in his favor. Without the anointing of God on this man, all he can do is harm. With spiritual anointing, he can do nothing but good.

I had planned to do a new prayer thread until I read your post. To say the least, it made me think. I have decided to go ahead with it, but I will not post prayer request asking God to allow Obama's agenda to succeed. Is there anything wrong with praying that God works through this man? Is it against God's will to ask that His will be done and for President Obama to be a tool? I think not. If pure hatred for this man and praying that he be destroyed is "Godly", then I'm not interested. If praying that our president follows the will of God and leads in a Christian manner is "ungodly", then label me a condemned sinner. I know what God is leading me to do.....

If yall agree to pray for the ruination of our president, then I guess this is the end of it. If you choose to pray for the new administration and that God's will be done through them, then follow me to the prayer thread.

http://christianhardmusic.com/the-word-biblical-discussion-and-prayer-requests-f4/the-first-100-days-t1930.htm#20095

Note to Sue: If I have misunderstood your post and/or taken it out of context, then please accept my humble appolgy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:15 am

I think that Miss Sue was just posting someone else's take on the situation.

I think that Sarah Palin said it well in that Glen Beck interview on Monday. We need to support Barak when he is doing good, but we need to fight him tooth and nail when his policies are detrimental to our nation and to the spreading of the message of Christ. Sabidoo makes a great point: prayer is our most powerful weapon. We start on our knees. If God tells us to hit the streets in protest, to petition our gov't., or to do anything, we need to be listening and ready to march.

It isn't the USA that's at stakes here, folks. The Kingdom of Heaven is what we fight for. We will fight like Christ did: we'll love our enemies, we'll boldly proclaim God's love and preach against sin even when the gov't. orders us to be silent, we'll do our best to relieve the suffering of others, and we'll die quietly when the world decides they hate us for following Christ.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:

That's why I posted the apology before she even read my post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 am

sabidoo wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

That's why I posted the apology before she even read my post.

you should have posted the apology at the beginning of your rant. Evil or Very Mad Wink
it's alright, though, i know exactly what you're saying, but alldat was right. i was just posting somebody else's take on it to open up discussion.

as completely and totally disgusted as i am with Obama's policies, i've continued to pray for him, but what i pray is that his heart turns to God and God's ways.
as of yesterday, we have a new leader who is a man with no godly background or belief system. he spent the first half of his life being instructed in the pagan ways of Islam and the last half in a 'church' that was even more steeped in satanism [Black Liberation Theology teaches that if God doesnt hate the white man, then He is a murderer and should be killed].

we're going to have a rough few years and i'll continue to pray for the man, but not for the success of his policies. i will pray for his salvation and direction.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 am

Here is my main concern. I believe that Obama will be successful enough in "fixing" the economy that people will turn a blind eye to every un-Scriptural policy he supports, abortion, gay marriage, etc. As long as people have money, they will allow pretty much anything else. Read the letters to the 7 churches in Revelation and see if you don't see the similarities to where we are headed when the economy straightens out.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:36 pm

nazpastor wrote:
Here is my main concern. I believe that Obama will be successful enough in "fixing" the economy that people will turn a blind eye to every un-Scriptural policy he supports, abortion, gay marriage, etc. As long as people have money, they will allow pretty much anything else. Read the letters to the 7 churches in Revelation and see if you don't see the similarities to where we are headed when the economy straightens out.

i have similar concerns. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting take on things.   Interesting take on things. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting take on things.
Page 1 of 1