Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490269,00.html

I was reading, in the above link, about the woman who had 8 babies in one day. If she had been a German citizen she wouldn't have to worry about money for the rest of her natural days.

Elterngeld (Parent's Money) = Two Thirds of husbands last monthly salary for each child for maximum one year. If the father earned an average 35,000 Euros per year then that would be 186,664 Euros ($241,030) for the eight kids. For the other six she would have received 139,998 Euros ($180,805).

Kindergeld (Children's Money) = 160 Euros pro child, every month until the child is eighteen. Even longer if the child is living at home and attending school. Everyone is entitled to this money regardless of financial status. 14 children = 2,240 Euros ($2,891) monthly.

There is also a bonus from the German government for mothers who have more than three children at one time...I'm not sure what it is though.

Housing Assistance = Everyone who has ten children or more is entitled to an interest free purchase of land and house...for private use only.

What does all this add up to for the mother mentioned above? Within the first six years she would have earned 487,942 Euros ($629,503).

Not bad...

*Dreams eyeballs his wife.*
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 am

Your taxes must be outrageous.

I also think she'll say you're too late. Wink

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

The same thought crossed my mind.

Is that kind of money needed to raise a large family, is the cost of living that high?

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

The same thought crossed my mind.

Is that kind of money needed to raise a large family, is the cost of living that high?

Pretty much. We get 480 Euros ($618) a month for our three kids. It costs between 850-1000 Euros ($1,096-$1,289) to feed a family of five here. The wages are a little higher than they are in the States but that does little to convince couples to have more than one child. Germany has one of the highest negative birth rates in the western world.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow, we are feeding a family of 6 (four kids and two adults) with about $750 a month (not including eating out, which we usually do twice a month). And we don't exactly live in a state with a low cost of living.

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

We spend about $450 for the 4 of us. I actually thought it was quite reasonable to eat in Bavaria, but our dollar was much stronger then.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$   Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Germany + Fertility Clinic + Babies = $$$
Page 1 of 1