For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Penny Harvest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Penny Harvest   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

some of you are aware of the ministry i started and lead within my home church [the Genesis 12:3 Project] that's a prayer ministry for the benefit of Israel.
part of what i wanted when i approached my church leadership about this last Summer was that this year's Easter offering/challenge be dedicated to the benefit of Israel [with Gen. 12:3 and Romans 15:27 as my inspiration].

while i was allowed part of my request... to start the ministry... the second part of my request was denied [for now]. church leadership felt it more important to continue on in the vein of last year's Easter offering/challenge and to dedicate the money raised to the Outreach center they're building.

just for a bit more background: the Easter offering/challenge is something my church does each year. a worthy cause is named and church members are challenged to give a week's wages towards this project. last year about $100,000 was raised to begin construction on a massive new Outreach center to provide food, clothing and even temporary emergency housing to this hurting community.
the project is most certainly God-touched. since we announced the plans government agencies that before were unwilling to commit or even consider the project have stepped forward and volunteered services and promotion and even the land the church was praying for to come available for the construction has miraculously 'fallen into our laps,' so to speak.

i support the Outreach center and judge it on it's merits for the good it can provide to the community in the state it's in now.
HOWEVER, my God is bigger than that. i'm looking to the day when we wont even have a need for an Outreach center! i believe in God's economy and increase!
cheers
i also feel that to unlock God's blessings He requires obedience. that's where Genesis 12:3 comes in. God didnt leave any grey area. He said 'I WILL BLESS those who bless you...' when God says He'll bless somebody, they can pretty much count on that they're already blessed!

that's why i wanted this year's Easter offering devoted to Israel, but i trust my church leadership. if they dont feel now is the right time, i have to respect that and trust that the same Spirit of God that is in me is in them, as well.
i was allowed to start my ministry and for now, i'm content to work and grow this ministry.

anyway, while i'm working and building this ministry, God has brought different people and organizations to me. information and topics of prayer concerning Israel have come at such a rate that it's overwhelming.
i'm continuously looking for areas and vehicles for benefitting Israel.
one organization that has been brought to my attention is Vision for Israel and The Joseph Storehouse.
this organization was founded by a husband/wife team, Barry and Batya Segal.
they raise money and goods to benefit both Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel... everything from support for needy families to medical supplies and reforesting projects for the land.

www.visionforisrael.com

it occurred to me that i dont have to wait on the Easter offering to start sowing into Israel. there are things i can do [besides my own private donations].
i came up with the idea for a Penny Harvest. i'm going to set up a large jar in the foyer of the church and collect pennies and loose change until the jar is full. i'll then cash out the contents and send it in to the Joseph Storehouse.
i've ran the idea past other members of the ministry, as well as my church leadership and got the ok.
we're going to wait until after Easter to begin, since we dont want the promotion of the Penny Harvest to be overshadowed by the Easter offering/challenge.
i've already started putting my spare change aside in a jug i have here at home and when the time comes, i'll add it to the jar at church for the Penny Harvest.

anyway, i wanted to put that out there and ask for prayer from you guys over this project.

Last edited by Just_Sue on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Penny Harvest   Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 pm

I think this is a great thing. The amount of money that can build up in loose change is incredible. I have a 1 liter bottle in my truck that my change goes in daily. Probably $150 in it. MAYBE that bottle will find it's way to you... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Penny Harvest   Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 am

sabidoo wrote:
I think this is a great thing. The amount of money that can build up in loose change is incredible. I have a 1 liter bottle in my truck that my change goes in daily. Probably $150 in it. MAYBE that bottle will find it's way to you... Wink

aawww... i'd appreciate that!
you wouldnt even have to send it to me. you could just go to www.visionforisrael.com and donate directly to them.
sunny
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Penny Harvest   Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 pm

I saw this on Yahoo today....

Quote :

GENEVA (Reuters)
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted a walkout from his speech to a U.N. racism summit on Monday when he accused Israel of establishing a "cruel and repressive racist regime" over the Palestinians. The summit had already been badly undermined by a boycott by the United States and some of its major allies over concerns that it would be used as a platform for attacks against Israel.

The boycott left Ahmadinejad, who has in the past cast doubt on the Nazi Holocaust, as the only head of state in attendance. His speech produced the kind of language that the Western countries and Israel had
feared. "Following World War II they resorted to military aggressions to make an entire nation homeless
under the pretext of Jewish suffering," Ahmadinejad told the conference, on the day that Jewish communities commemorate the Holocaust. "And they sent migrants from Europe, the United States and mother parts
of the world in order to establish a totally racist government in the occupied Palestine," he said, according to the official translation. "And in fact, in compensation for the dire consequences of racism in Europe, they helped bring to power the most cruel and repressive racist regime in Palestine."

Dozens of diplomats in the audience promptly got up and left the hall for the duration of the speech.
"Such outrageous anti-Semitic remarks should have no place in a U.N. anti-racism forum," said British ambassador Peter Gooderham, whose country chose not to send a minister to Geneva.
Norwegian Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store told the conference after Ahmadinejad had spoken that his words amounted to incitement to hatred. He said Iran had made itself the odd man out by undermining agreement on a conference declaration. "Norway will not accept that the odd man out hijacks the collective efforts of the many," he said.

FEARS OF CONTROVERSY
Eight Western nations including the United States were avoiding the entire meeting, fearing it would be dominated by what U.S. President Barack Obama called "hypocritical and counterproductive" antagonism toward the Jewish state. However, a number of the delegations that remained behind applauded Ahmadinejad's speech.
Arab and Muslim attempts to single out Israel for criticism had prompted the United States to walk out of the first U.N. summit on racism, in South Africa in 2001. Although the declaration prepared for the follow-up conference does not refer explicitly to Israel or the Middle East, its first paragraph "reaffirms" a text adopted at the 2001 meeting which includes six paragraphs on those sensitive issues.

U.S. President Barack Obama, the first African-American leader of the United States, said on Saturday that Washington wanted a "clean start" to engage with the United Nations on the issues to be tackled at the meeting.

Rupert Colville, spokesman for Navi Pillay, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights who convened the meeting, said she deplored the language used by Ahmadinejad.
"This speech was completely inappropriate at a conference designed to nurture diversity and tolerance," he said.

Earlier Pillay had urged participants to do all they could to ensure the declaration is adopted at week's end.
She said this was necessary to restore confidence in the United Nations as a forum to address frictions that can explode into xenophobic attacks, as occurred in her native South Africa last year, when 62 foreigners were killed.

"We all should be mindful that a failure to agree on the way forward would negatively reverberate on the human rights agenda for years to come," Pillay said at the meeting's opening.

I wish we would join Israel in turning Iran into a glass parking lot. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penny Harvest   

Back to top Go down

Penny Harvest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1