Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Angelica Record

Go down 
+7
Follower of Jesus
rockerVu2
Fundy
elsid
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Staybrite
11 posters

Ok So What is Your Favorite Angelica Disc (pick one)
Angelica (1989)
Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_lcap55%Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Walkin' in Faith (1990)
Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_lcap27%Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Rock Stock & Barrel (1991)
Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_lcap9%Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Time is All it Takes (1992)
Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_lcap9%Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Greatest Hits (1993)
Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Angelica Record I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Angelica Record Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Ok kiddies, it's the early 1990's all over again, and melodic rock with hooks big enough to catch a whale has yet to be sunk by grunge. So which Angelica album had you playing air guitar and singing at the top of your lungs?

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 pm

None. I've never gotten into them.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:58 pm

My first Angelica album is also my favorite. The first thing I ever heard of theirs was "Rock, Stock, and Barrel". That is probably the most radio friendly of the 4 main releases, but I like it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

Always liked Walkin' In Faith, since that was the first I heard by them. Really got into the S/T, once I picked it up later.

Rock, Stock & Barrel was the big push to try to make them popular. Once that didn't work all that well, it was only Dennis Cameron left, basically.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 am

I never really got into them either, but I voted for the ST one.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:34 pm

I'll give the nod to Angelica's: S/T debut, mainly because of Rob Rock! Otherwise, I would, probably, pick "Walkin' In Faith."
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:40 pm

My vote is for the Self Titled Angelica.
That's the only Angelica CD I have.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Ty wrote:
I'll give the nod to Angelica's: S/T debut, mainly because of Rob Rock! Otherwise, I would, probably, pick "Walkin' In Faith."

That is me exactly. Twisted Evil

alldat wrote:
My first Angelica album is also my favorite. The first thing I ever heard of theirs was "Rock, Stock, and Barrel".

Funny that was my first one too, but i would rate it 3rd in their catalog behind the first two albums. But the only studio album that I thought was a bit of a let down was the last one "Time is All it Takes"

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:45 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
None. I've never gotten into them.

Party Pooper Tongue

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 am

I picked Time Is All It Takes. I know I'm in the minority, but I think that is some of the best songwriting of Dennis's career. The heavy songs are among the heaviest he's ever done (esp. Open Your Mind!). But the entire album has a bit of a lighter feel and I really enjoy it.

The production quality (or lack thereof) ruins the first Angelica album for me.

Unfortunately I've never heard Walkin' In Faith. Rock, Stock & Barrel was my first Angelica album, and I still really like it!
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:40 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I picked Time Is All It Takes. I know I'm in the minority, but I think that is some of the best songwriting of Dennis's career. The heavy songs are among the heaviest he's ever done (esp. Open Your Mind!). But the entire album has a bit of a lighter feel and I really enjoy it.

The production quality (or lack thereof) ruins the first Angelica album for me.

Unfortunately I've never heard Walkin' In Faith. Rock, Stock & Barrel was my first Angelica album, and I still really like it!

The production is what they said, at the time, ruined Time Is All It Takes. That and Dennis Cameron basically being by himself. It was done to help finish their contract, that and the best of.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:49 am

The self-titled debut is the only Angelica album I still listen to on occasion. The combination of Dennis Cameron and Rob Rock is unbeatable. Plus the album, IMO, contains some of the better Angelica songs recorded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I picked Time Is All It Takes. I know I'm in the minority, but I think that is some of the best songwriting of Dennis's career. The heavy songs are among the heaviest he's ever done (esp. Open Your Mind!).

"Open Your Mind" JAMS!!! "Gotta Get Ready" is really cool, too! Cool

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Rock, Stock & Barrel was my first Angelica album, and I still really like it!

For me, "Rock, Stock & Barrel" has some really cool songs on it...and I think "Bumble Boob Groove" is awesome!!! Obviously, Dennis Cameron tears that song to shreds, and I love Robert Pallen's bass work on that one! "Bumble Boob Groove" is worth the price alone!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:19 pm

As much as I love "Rock, Stock & Barrel" (first exposure to Angelica, first Angelica album I owned), I have to go w/ the S/T. Rob Rock's voice soars, the songs are tough & have muscle, and the album just sings from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 am

This is my absolute favorite band. I chose walkin by faith in the poll but could easily pick them all. How I wish some new material would be put out.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 am

I voted for the self-titled, on account of the general sound of the album, but I could've picked Walkin' In Faith (a copy of which I got for $2 at a thrift store). The title track, Hold On and All I Can Do are great songs.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I have to go with Walkin' In Faith.....love the s/t, and the others, but something about it just grabs me the right way......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Angelica Record   Favorite Angelica Record I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Angelica Record
Page 1 of 1