For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Christians in Hell?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Christians in Hell?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:05 pm

WARNING: there's some profanity in the clip so if you choose to watch, you may just want to read the text with the volume down or at least send any kids out of the room.

i thought this made for an interesting topic of discussion.
is calling yourself 'Christian' enough to to assure entrance to Heaven? some say 'no.'
i'm on the fence about it.
i've got a problem with Sunday morning Christians that make a big show on Sundays, but leave their faith in the pews and act just like the world from Monday to Saturday.
however, God isnt looking for 'perfect' people. if such a thing was possible there wouldnt have been a need for Jesus to die on the cross for us.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I didn't watch the vid (as my kids are about).
But I think the bible makes it very clear that some will believe they are Christians but God will say "Away from me, I knew you not".
Seems that there will be people in hell who thought they were Christian enough to make it to heaven.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Matthew 7:21-23

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 pm

Kind of suprised nobody else has commented on this thread. scratch

Number of posts : 2924
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree with you. Those who are like the world outside the church aren't in the fold. They have head knowledge but not heart.

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Kind of suprised nobody else has commented on this thread. scratch

i know. i thought this would cause some lively debate. scratch
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 pm

I stopped to watch the video.
For me when you are Christian you are Christan 7/24, not only on Sunday.
It always bothers me when people only come to church on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3682
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Interesting video, a bit too 'extreme' for my liking.

I reckon we're gonna be suprised at who's not in heaven and who is in heaven when we get there.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Fundy wrote:
Interesting video, a bit too 'extreme' for my liking.

It was a bit too 'extreme' for me too. I really felt like whoever made it could have put a little more time into it as the content was serious but the way it was displayed came across, almost as an attempt at corniness/humor.

This being said it's something I've for sure thought about a lot before. I know that God loves everyone equally and that in order to go to heaven we need to accept God into our hearts and that Jesus died for our sins, but who can really define a 'bad Christian' or a "Christian doomed to hell'. It's no where in our place to judge. Obviously if someone fakes having a relationship with God, they aren't really a Christian, but do any of us really have a strict set of rules for what is considered to inconsiderate or too slacking to make it as a Christian?

I think it's important to try to be as like Jesus as possible but I also know there are people out there with extremely strong faith in God but little application of that faith is shown to others ... I think it's like Fundy said, we'll be surprised in some cases...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Bsax wrote:

... but do any of us really have a strict set of rules for what is considered to inconsiderate or too slacking to make it as a Christian? ..

Well there is the Bible.
Wink

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 pm

i think the question the video raises is: does God grade on a curve? Shocked

i know too many that go to church, sing in the choir, put on a good show, but outside of the church they fornicate, lie, steal, use foul language, etc...
they sell out their 'faith' to be like the world and it's disturbing.

i also know Christians that struggle with issues and arent trying to fit in with the world. they're just weak in some areas. they're contrite and recognize their shortcomings, but struggle, nonetheless.
are these Christians doomed, as well?
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 am

Just_Sue wrote:
i also know Christians that struggle with issues and arent trying to fit in with the world. they're just weak in some areas. they're contrite and recognize their shortcomings, but struggle, nonetheless.
are these Christians doomed, as well?

Having weaknesses and struggling to overcome them is only human. None of us will ever get above that while on this planet. Satan recognizes these "faults" and does his level best to exploit them to the fullest. I have fallen prey to the "faults" myself and struggle EVERYDAY to overcome them.

When the weakness or temptation to sin is there and one willingly and knowingly chooses that path, THEN they have sinned. Only when one begins to fight against the temptations and face the battle have they been redeemed, in my humble opinion. Satan has power that mere mortal humans can't beat. He knows this and uses it well and at times WE ALL FAIL.

If struggling to overcome shortcomings is grounds for a sentence in Hell, then ALL OF US need to prepare for the lake of fire. If we fight Satan to our very best, then thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus, we will receive the blessings of God and enjoy PARADISE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

I finally watched the video. Was this made by one of Fred Phelps' crew? While they are busy calling pretty much anyone who claims to be a Christian a hypocrite, the video's maker comes off with the same air! Sure, I know some folks that claim to be Christians who do not live by Christ's word at all. I know other Christians who struggle with things but live by the word of God as best they can. I do not know a single Christian who is totally sin-free. I know many that are extremely forgiven, though!

All we can do here folks is to "make our calling and election sure". Do a spiritual inventory. What does Jesus Christ mean to you? Do you want more of HIm in your life? Are you willing to do anything He asks of you--no matter where it sends you? Are you trusting Jesus with even the little things in your life?

Answer those questions truthfully, and you'll begin to see where you stand with the Lord.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Bsax wrote:

... but do any of us really have a strict set of rules for what is considered to inconsiderate or too slacking to make it as a Christian? ..

Well there is the Bible.
Wink

Quite true lol Smile . I think what I more meant though was that yes we have the bible but depending on what you believe etc it's a guideline wherein not every single action of every single person can be judged by other people for what is "right", God is the real judge.

Alldat I think really nailed it though if your trying your best to pursue your actions from your heart with Christ in mind all will be well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christians in Hell?   

Back to top Go down

Christians in Hell?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1