Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Google Street View

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Google Street View Empty
PostSubject: Google Street View   Google Street View I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:18 am

Has anyone used this yet? It's quite incredible, in that you can have a look at a 3D view of lots of cities around the world. I think alot of USA is done, and about 25 cities in Holland and UK. Our home town is being photographed at the moment, I saw the google car about a week ago and my boss saw it again yesterday.

You can now 'walk' round a city and see the sights without even leaving your home.

What do people think about it. Is it a good thing of a bad thing.

It's good in that you can see where you're going to, and you know exactly what the house or building looks like, but it's bad in that theives can see what type of locks you have on your doors!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Google Street View Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Street View   Google Street View I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 am

Fundy wrote:
Has anyone used this yet? It's quite incredible, in that you can have a look at a 3D view of lots of cities around the world. I think alot of USA is done, and about 25 cities in Holland and UK. Our home town is being photographed at the moment, I saw the google car about a week ago and my boss saw it again yesterday.

You can now 'walk' round a city and see the sights without even leaving your home.

What do people think about it. Is it a good thing of a bad thing.

It's good in that you can see where you're going to, and you know exactly what the house or building looks like, but it's bad in that theives can see what type of locks you have on your doors!

Fundy

i've used it. pretty cool what technology can do.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Google Street View Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Street View   Google Street View I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 am

As a truck driver, I find it an invaluable tool. I use GPS, the Rand McNally Truckers Atlas and Google Maps for the loads I've never done before. In a car, one can go just about anywhere and be ok, but in a 70 foot long, 13' 6" tall, 80,000 pound truck, one wrong turn can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

With Google maps and the street view, I can see where I'm going ahead of time to know what I'm getting into.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Google Street View Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Street View   Google Street View I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 am

Just 50 years ago, man said there's no way the Antichrist's cronies will be able to hunt down and find people who refuse the mark...
Don't know how it'll all play out, but with technology and satellite (as good as these things can be), I think it'll be a powerful tool in the hands of Satan and Big Brother (he wishes he was omnipresent... but isn't... but can be with man's inventions)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Google Street View Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Street View   Google Street View I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Google Street View
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: