For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayer Request

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 am

Not gonna get into details but tomorrow my wife and i go to the Smithville court for a custody hearing on my youngest stepson, his dad was arrested 2 months ago for child neglect and drugs we're trying for permanent custody right now hes with his grandmother the hearing is tomorrow its looking promising
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net
Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:08 pm

i'll pray for God's will to be done, concerning the welfare of this child.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:41 pm

I'll be praying for God's will in this, Addy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 pm

My prayer is that God's will be done for this child.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3760
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:21 pm

I'll pray too. Amen to what yvonne said.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:06 am

Addy, when it's possible tell us how it went today.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18269
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Praying it goes as needed for the kid.

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Sorry it took me a bit here it is

Got an Update and a praise report.... My Youngest stepson has been placed under my wife's custody

My wife and I arrive at the court at 830, Court dont start till 9, so we're sitting in the court room as the judge is going through the cases (we were in general sessions/juvie court) and at 9am our lawyer wasnt there nor were anyone else involved in the case, We learn as Court is going on that Child cases arent heard till after 10am so we were very early of course then everybody involved shows up including the ex- husbands' dad who is a known addict and they both looked rough nodding off during the court session and the dad even fell trying to sit down, he was drunk or something, Anyways our case was one of the LAST cases heard when it was finally heard it was about 1230pm, the judge was about to grant my wife's petition Child services did not object, the grandmother (who had temp custody) did not have any say. The Ex Husband (the father) contested and it held which surprised me considering he has no custody of my stepson, so as a result the judge said this would go to trial, However my wife's lawyer had to be in another court for 1 so we went to recess for an hour. I was soooo pissed off as were my mother in law and my wife's grandmother. As it didnt look like it was going to go favorably, Sooooooooo when court finally went back in session which was about 2pm more juvie cases were heard as we waited for my wife's lawyer to return, About 230 he was still not back and we went to recess till 3pm, at 3 more cases were heard and during this time my wife's lawyer returns, Our Trial started at 4pm. The Officer who did the initial welfare check testified as did my wife and Child Services and myself. I wasnt up for long, but i was just questioned by my wife's lawyer, asked what i did , and how long Ive been married, and if i had any other children, stuff like that. Her lawyer described my job as being a Computer geek, everybody chuckled even the Judge, but when asked if i had any kids of my own that seemed to impress both my wife's lawyer and the judge. The lawyer also had asked me if I supported my wife in this endeavor in which I said I do. Anyways after we all testified the lawyers closed with their statements, there were 4 diff closing statements, when the judge started talking we had no idea where he was going until the judge definied neglect which beyond a shadow of a doubt was proven, The ex would have a friend watch his kids someone who didnt even have custody of their own children. The Judge was disgusted with the ex. And even in the ruling he had said something about me, which surprised me but made me feel good. When he was talking about me and my wife getting the kids to school he had mentioned that "Here is a man who has no children of his own, who is here supporting his wife and helping raise 2 stepsons we need more people like him" It made me happy to hear that because I knew that would only help my wife. And when the Judge said that my stepson was to go to the mother, my mother in law let out a pretty audible "Yippie" we all were excited my eyes started to well up, course the grandmother who had custody started sobbing, but since the Dad can only have supervised visits when the grandmother has him which will be every other weekend. She is to supervise the visits and if the court learns he showed up intoxicated or high and she let him have access she will be in deep crap with the court. The judge ordered a Drug and Alochol assessment on him. Child Support is suspended my wife's been paying that for a few years so shes happy about that. The Case Mgr told my wife that shes very happy that hes coming home with us, My wife has been on Cloud 9 we both had trouble falling asleep, I gotta say I dont think ive ever seen my wife this happy and seeing her this elated and happy really makes me happy. Sooo today after Im done with my calls I will pick him up at 530 and he will come home with me and boom. We have another hearing which is called a Disposition hearing or from our research (A Sentencing hearing) this is the last step, So if May 13th goes favorably for us then that should be that. Our lawyer said that we had nothing to worry about that nothing will change. So chances are the dad will have to pay my wife child support. He's not a fighter my wife says, so she suspects that he will probobly end up getting his parental rights revoked because he's on the other end of the stick the one my wife's been on for 6 years. He thought he was untouchable and he's getting his. My mother in law asked me when you adopting him I told her i want to but that will take time. But my wife said this is probobly the first step in that process. Sooooooo for the first time since ive been married my family is finally renuited. Im in shock, giddy, surreal feeling, something ive wanted to see happen for 6 years has finally happened.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18269
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Wow, that is great news addy. Sorry to hear you had to go through such a long day, but I bet it was worth it.

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:26 am

yup it was, I think my wife would still be on cloud 9 if she didnt get sick

My youngest went to his grannies for easter his druggie dad was there, but he came home almost 2 hours early cuz he thought he was missing something here, he knew that his mom was sick and that his brother was not going to be home, I think he just wanted to come home and cant say i blame him. I think it was cuz his dad was there
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 pm

It's good to hear your and your wife are responsible for the boy now addy.
All I read about addicted dad's make me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request   

Back to top Go down

Prayer Request
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1