For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lack of health, faith and life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8894
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Hello interested ones.
Once again, my health has been deteriorating and I seek prayer.
In a Nutty-shell: I have survived 2 major attacks of my condition since Easter, one kept me in agony for 2 days and out of work for a week, the most recent made me miss one day of work. I will be putting in my notice today since I've been blessed to receive an offer for a sit down desk job using state of the art medical charting software.
The worse of all is, this has had a negative impact on my relationship with the Father. I don't know why since He blesses and loves me.... I just cannot deal with this condition, and I've been frustrated and angry with God.
So there. You know what to pray for should you think of me in your time with Him.
The following goes into greater detail:
http://guilty4given.007sites.com/health/dysautonomia.html

thanx guys
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18176
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Very sorry to hear you are having such a tough time Jim.

Keep faith and remember when we are weakest He is strong. It's ok to be mad about your condition, but I'm praying you can keep your focus on the blessings God has given you. I understand the pain can be unbearable and while you are suffering it seems the pain will never subside, but it is only for a season. Some day we will be in heaven with our Lord and all pain will be gone.

I will be praying for you brother.

Number of posts : 14634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Very sorry to hear about this all Jim.

Quote :
Some day we will be in heaven with our Lord and all pain will be gone.
I can't wait for that day that all the pain, the struggles, the sickness and all the other things are over for ever.

I'll be praying for you Jim.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Sun May 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for your prayers and concern. You're good people and I appreciate your friendship.

I am losing faith in one particular promise, and that is "He who began a good work in me will finish it".... during this long trial, I don't believe that things will "end well".

It scares me and I'm beyond tired. You try to go get help and they turn you into cattle and just wanna move you along.

I quit my pharmacy career of 20 years yesterday. fortunately I got a desk job that will prove to be better suited for my condition... we'll see.

Again thanks for listening and caring.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Quote :
"He who began a good work in me will finish it

I can imagine Jim you have doubts of words like this.
In the Bible is written God will keep His word to us.
What He promished, He will do.
God is close even you can't feel Him.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Sun May 10, 2009 6:20 pm

He doesn't say when He will finish it though, Jim. His grace is sufficient.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

It scares me and I'm beyond tired. You try to go get help and they turn you into cattle and just wanna move you along.

I quit my pharmacy career of 20 years yesterday. fortunately I got a desk job that will prove to be better suited for my condition... we'll see.

I can imagine you are very tired. I am assured that our Lord will finish the work he has started in you. The strength you have shown so far has been an inspiration to me (just so you know).

I can imagine it is quite scarry to leave the pharmacy field and start something new. I'm praying this new line of work will be better suited to you. Keep the faith brother.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Love you guys. thanks for being there.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 am

Sorry to hear all the health problems you are having, Jim, and I can understand how your faith is being affected by it. That is just a normal thing to happen that when we go through tough times we start to doubt and God feels far away - don't feel guilty about such thoughts, as they are just you doing what everyone does and questioning things. But be assured that God IS there for you and can support you all the way through.

I'm reminded of the verse where it says "all things work together for good". It doesn't say all things are good, or all good things work together, but all things, whether bad or good work together to make good. Biscuits taste lovely, but eat the individual ingredients on their own and they're horrible. I pray that God will bring you through this and you will be able to have a bright and pain free future, but also will have the knowledge to help others who are in a similar situation to yourself.

Also I hope that your new job is very beneficial for you. And I hope that you will be able to enjoy it and that your health will improve because of the move.

We'll all be praying.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks again. I used to be an "encourager" to those going thru a tough situation and felt good about being used (course it was easy for me to encourage at the time, not having any real problems).... now I'm in need of encouragement (SERIOUS), and now I get to see/feel what it's like on the rcving end and I thank God for your thoughts, prayers and words.
Means the world to me right now.

I keep thinking of Ecclesiastes and the "time for" different seasons in life. After about 3-4 weeks of this most recent trial, I'm beginning to see some light. I thank God for that.
I try not to think about this condition of mine cuz it can come on and trash me to the point of 'preferring death'.... but I have a strong wife who walks me thru it each time it flares up. If she wasn't there, I'd probably have done myself in, or worse, get on some heavy RX or even illegal drug to snuff it out. Sounds extreme, but it's a horrible sickness that affects me in ways I never imagined I suffer.

Anywho... thanks for listening again and I appreciate your encouragement and Scripture. I feel strength coming back into these bones of mine and am hoping for a good season.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm

We always will listen when one of the CHM members has something to share.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Thu May 14, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3737
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 14, 2009 3:22 am

I know it seems a bit like a cop out (and an easy thing to say), but in time like this it is good to focus on the positive things. Straight away without even thinking I can see you have 2 wonderful positives. One being that you're a Christian and that God is there for you, even when He feels so far away sometimes - it's not the fact that He is, it's just the fact that you feel it - I guess it's a bit like the footprints poem. Second is your wife, who seems to be a brilliant help to you. Cling to those two things, but also list other positives, maybe even make a list of the positives.

Footprints....

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,

you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the
most trying periods of my life there
has only been one set of
footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
have you not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen
only one set of footprints,
my child,
is when I carried you.”

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 14, 2009 11:39 am

good stuff there ! it's hard to think of anything positive when you suffer, but it's true that we should focus on those things. I keep telling myself it's only temporary.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu May 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
good stuff there ! it's hard to think of anything positive when you suffer, but it's true that we should focus on those things. I keep telling myself it's only temporary.

We also need to hold each other up, and not try to do it on our own (which is why you and others should definately bring issues like this up for prayer) I certainly understand that it is difficult to think of the positive when we suffer. That's why your brothers and sister (us) need to hold you up in prayer before the Lord, so that if He will not set your body straight, He can at least keep your will directed towards him.

Praying for God to keep your attention focused on Him and all that is good.
Much love for you brother.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 am

I am bumping this thread to the top right now to let you (my internet family) know that God has seen me through this "Job" trial and to say how thankful I am for your support through prayer and Biblical wisdom. Just a month ago, I was in such excrutiating suffering that I was planning different ways I could make it "look like an accident" if you get my drift. I've never been in that position before and it's scary (not for me, but for my family). Interestingly enough, during that week of hell for me, 2 teens in my kids high school (one he knew as a close friend) snuffed themselves over small things (one got caught with drugs [a second time] and the dad went to tell his mom... when they came back in his room, he had taken a belt and hung himself in the closet - the second kid just had a breakup with his girlfriend and that night he shot himself)..... I observed the PAIN of all their family and friends and decided no matter how much pain I personally suffer, I will endure my illness for their sake.
Anyways, I said all that to say, I love you guys, my brothers and sisters, for lifting me up to our Creator and for loving me enough to pray for me. My new job is an answer to these prayers, as is the new medicine Dr's got me on. WOW, whatta difference !
I miss the old me, but I gotta keep my eyes towards the future and keep a hope that God will be glorified cuz of my little trials.
Thanks again.
Jim

Quote :
I'm praying this new line of work will be better suited to you. Keep the faith brother.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Dude, I'm so happy to hear that this job (and your new meds) are working better for you. Praise the Lord!

I can't say that I have been in so much physical pain that I thought of ending my life. But I have suffered from depression, and as a teenager I seriously considered it more than once. Very very happy to hear you where given the strenght to resist. I am certain it would have been the worst thing you could have done (for you and your family). I just had an old college friend take his own life earlier this year. He left his family devastated.

Again very glad to hear work and your health are going better for you now brother.
cheers

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

See Guilty/Forgiven that God continues the work He started.
I'm grateful to read about your new job and the new medicine.
Thank God for listening to our prayers for others.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm really glad things are looking up for you, it's scary to go through such a rough trial. I pray that your path continues to be lightened and I wanted to say too I think it's awesome that you can come here for support! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:58 pm

well, I also come here cuz Sabidoo cracks me up !

Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:51 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Bouncing smiley

Happy to be of service......I think Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18088

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Bouncing smiley

Oh, good heavens! Don't encourage Sabidoo! Just for that, you must buy me at least 10 CDs from my want list.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Good grief ! We get penalized now for being entertained by fellow board members ? What is this, Orwell's 1984 ??

Forgive me oh Koreshianite ! I shall sell all that I have and buy your entire want list for thee. Thou shalt not want anymore.

Since I don't know where your want list is, I shall guess what you want and send them to you right away:

Wiggles
Donny and Marie
Hanson
Menudo
Backstreet boys
Michael Jackson's black years
NSync
Barney sings the best of Jet Circus
MC Hammer

Did I miss any ??
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Barney sings the best of Jet Circus

Oh man, a bunch of us chipped in and got him that one for his birthday this last year. What he really needs the follow-up album "Barney Sings the Best of Jet Circus: The Dance Mix".
Twisted Evil

Admin

Number of posts : 18088

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:50 am

Oooooh, how did you guys know?!? I was REALLY hoping, though, for some new Liza Minelli!

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:58 pm

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of health, faith and life   

Back to top Go down

Lack of health, faith and life