Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fresh new music for you

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
silentthunder89
ChosenOne
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Fresh new music for you Empty
PostSubject: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Looks like gutarist Tony Palacios is producing this album with ex-Petra member Jim Cooper. I like the sound. Will probably pick this one up:

www.myspace.com/lovelikegravity

Here is another band I found as well

www.myspace.com/hymnsofeden
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:54 am

Both of these are VERY good finds! Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:02 am

I liked "Hymns of Eden" a little better. They sound kind of like a cross between Pillar and Kutless to me.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:31 am

Both of those are excellent! If they put out a CD, I'm on it. I like that Hymns Of Eden enough, though, to buy directly from iTunes if that is the only way they release their material.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:39 am

Now I've an iPod too I think I can buy stuff from iTunes.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:14 am

Code:
I like that Hymns Of Eden enough, though, to buy directly from iTunes if that is the only way they release their material.

Quote :

I never thought Id see the day! Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:24 am

Eventually, we'll all be shopping for MP3s for music. The CD, for the most part, will become a thing of the past.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The CD, for the most part, will become a thing of the past.

Based on the advancements made and the way so many people enjoy music nowadays, I would agree that CD's are heading for extinction...unfortunately.
(The "unfortunately" part is just my opinion, though...)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 pm

But, one thing that is hurting the the lack of a standard for all music to be in the same format and moveable from one source to another. Without some computer wizardry, you cannot move your iTunes music to your Zune and many other players. The music you buy through Zune, your iPod won't like. To kill the CD, they are going to have to make where any store can sell you the music and you put it on your player regardless of brand. Until they do, I can't buy a lot of MP3s because I don't want to be stuck just listening on my computer.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Found a free program called "Free M4a to MP3 Converter". You can add the files from your iTunes storage folder and then convert them to the MP3 size you desire. You can also specify where these files will travel to once converted so that your MP3 player's software can find them.

So far, it's working great. I bought the EP that Flyleaf did in 2007 from iTunes. With this, I have been able to convert and transfer those songs successfully to my Zune.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

I think the most modern version of the Zune accepts all formats of music including the Itunes format (.mp4).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Code:
I like that Hymns Of Eden enough, though, to buy directly from iTunes if that is the only way they release their material.

Quote :

I never thought Id see the day! Laughing

What's that cracking sound?
Yes I do believe it is hell freezing over.
affraid

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Quote :
I think the most modern version of the Zune accepts all formats of music including the Itunes format (.mp4).

I have the latest version of the Zune. It doesn't want to pick up anything from iTunes. But, the program I found will convert the songs to standard MP3 and allow you to move them quite easily.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Hmmm...that's odd.

I always use Soundtaxi to convert my files. I bought it back when Itunes songs were encrypted with copyrights that wouldn't let you burn the song to disc or put it on mp3 players. It removed the copyrights so you could do what you wanted with them. Although in the wrong hands, it could be used to rip music off players such as Rhapsody and Napster (I never did this though. I have to much respect for the music world.)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:09 am

Both bands have a good sound.

Maybe I'm oldfashoned but I still love to buy Cds much more than to buy MP3's in ITunes.
I love to read the CD covers.
When you buy MP3's you only have music, not a tracklist or so.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:10 pm

I played Hymns of Eden a few weeks back.
alldatndensum wrote:
Found a free program called "Free M4a to MP3 Converter". You can add the files from your iTunes storage folder and then convert them to the MP3 size you desire.
FYI, Foobar2000, which is my default audio player and what I use for my show, will transcode between pretty much any audio format and put the file(s) where you specify. Of course, you will have slight quality loss when doing it from any lossy format, but most likely won't be able to detect it. FB2K also does ReplayGain scanning and tagging so songs play at the same perceived volume.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:54 pm

For everyone's knowledge:

DO NOT download the "Free M4a To MP3 Converter". It is a nasty little program that uninstalled my CD burner and a few other things. I was able to do a restore point to the day before I downloaded it and was able to remove it.

I will give the Foobar program a try. The volume adjustment alone would make it worth using with my Zune. Some older releases are nowhere near as loud as modern releases. Getting the volumes more consistent throughout would be awesome. That way, when I am listening in the truck, I won't have to be constantly turning the volume up and down.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Quote :
Some older releases are nowhere near as loud as
modern releases. Getting the volumes more consistent throughout would
be awesome. That way, when I am listening in the truck, I won't have to
be constantly turning the volume up and down.

I CANNOT STAND having different volumes in my music. I will definitely give this a try. I agree, if it works it will make the download worth it from the get-go.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Your Zune MUST support ReplayGain tags in order for this to work on it UNLESS you permanently alter the actual music content of the files. Foobar can do it either way though. I prefer to use the tags, though I guess there's no real reason to do so. Since I don't use an MP3 player, I'm always listening with Foobar anyway. I'm also anal in that I only alter the file tags on my "show" laptop - just in case. You should also study the differences between the "track" and "album" tags.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Wow guys this sounds very technical.
I think my itunes Shuffle will convert to MP3 too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Quote :
Your Zune MUST support ReplayGain tags in order for this to work on it UNLESS you permanently alter the actual music content of the files. Foobar can do it either way though. I prefer to use the tags, though I guess there's no real reason to do so. Since I don't use an MP3 player, I'm always listening with Foobar anyway. I'm also anal in that I only alter the file tags on my "show" laptop - just in case. You should also study the differences between the "track" and "album" tags.

thanks for the advice....albeit to late. It's gonna take DAYS to sort all of this out. It might just be easier to wipe the memory clean and start from scratch. 90% of my music is now mistagged. I'm going to have to go through each track song by song to fix the metatags so that the Zune will recognize the right artists.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Ok, it didn't take days--it only took hours.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm afraid to ask what you did. There are many tagging programs that would have fixed it pretty quickly if you had a logical structure to file names and directories.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:15 am

I simply loaded the two files where I have MP3s loaded. They all lined up in the main screen in alphabetic order depending on which file was loaded first. Then, I clicked the button to adjust the volume of all of them. An hour later, all the volumes were changed. But, so were many of the data tags from bands like Decemberadio and Nailpoint who had song titles similar or exactly the same as other artists. The song title remained intact, but the artist, album titles, year, etc. were changed. Luckily, it happened to full albums and not just at random. I was able to fix these and reload everything to my Zune.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Weird. I've never done huge numbers of files at a time to calculate ReplayGain info - maybe 25-30 at most. I've never seen Foobar edit it a tag that hadn't changed.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh new music for you   Fresh new music for you I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fresh new music for you
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next