Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angelic Warlord update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Angelic Warlord update Empty
PostSubject: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Hello,

I just completed the promised update to Angelic Warlord. It is a fairly extensive update, including new links, reviews, news and release dates.

Specifically, you will find a review of the new Testify CD, 24:27: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/t/testify09.html

Also, I conducted an interview with Chaz Bond of Jacobs Dream & Biogenesis: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/interviews/chazbond09.html

In the immediate future I plan to begin work on reviews of new albums from Impellitteri and Hero.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Cool Andy.
I'll come over to read all your have written for us.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Glad to see you feeling well enough to update the site. Looks like I have my reading cut out for me.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Enjoyed the Testify review. I would agree with your review. I might give them a few more percentage points just based on my overall enjoyment. But, that's why I don't do reviews. I'm glad that there are people out there who do this well and that enjoy doing this. Me--I just want to hear the tunes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Me too I love to read reviews.
But love it more how they sound.

I know it's not possible, but how cool it would be when we can listen at Angelic Warlord how the bands sound you have written reviews of Andy.

Cool to see you are feeling well enough to work on Angelic Warlord.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Enjoyed the Testify review. I would agree with your review. I might give them a few more percentage points just based on my overall enjoyment. But, that's why I don't do reviews. ...

That's why I don't do them either. Everything would either be 90% to 100%, or 10%

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Quote :
I know it's not possible, but how cool it would
be when we can listen at Angelic Warlord how the bands sound you have
written reviews of Andy.

Cool to see you are feeling well enough to work on Angelic Warlord.

Good question about sound samples. To be honest, I would not know where to start in that I only have very basic web design skills. I learned just enough about web design to get Angelic Warlord off the ground and nothing more. But I do have a book called "Dreamweaver 8 for Dummies" so looks like I need to do some reading. But would like to add that I cannot think of any other record review sites out there that include samples with their reviews.

Feeling much better and pretty much back on two feet. Have made a good start on the new Impellitteri review and hope to have it online next weekend.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 am

I started to read "Dreamweaver for dummies too"
I gave it up.
Hope you have more succes.
How great it would be to listen to some samples of the reviews you talked about.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

[quote="Dynamis"]
Quote :

But would like to add that I cannot think of any other record review sites out there that include samples with their reviews.

For the most part I think you are correct. I do know that "JesusFreak Hideout does sound samples, but if I remember correctly their "reviews" seem more promotional than actual critiques.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Quote :
For the most part I think you are correct. I do
know that "JesusFreak Hideout does sound samples, but if I remember
correctly their "reviews" seem more promotional than actual critiques.

When they first started out, I would agree. But, they are getting a bit more nitpicky with their reviews. I have seen them completely dog some releases that I thought were amazing and praise some rather crappy stuff. I don't know how objective they are, but I guess there is always some bias with any reviewer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Well I'm not a good judge of anything at JFH. I have probably only read 4 or 5 reviews at that site. By contrast I have read nearly all of Andy's reviews at Angelic Warlord.
Hubba hubba

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Quote :
When they first started out, I would agree. But,
they are getting a bit more nitpicky with their reviews. I have seen
them completely dog some releases that I thought were amazing and
praise some rather crappy stuff. I don't know how objective they are,
but I guess there is always some bias with any reviewer.

Like Decyfer Down. They gave them a 2.5/5 while I thought it was a great album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Well maybe that argues my point.
Maybe Decyfer Down didn't give JFH enough free merch, so they got a less than stellar review.

(just kidding don't go starting any rumours because of little ole me).
Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Angelic Warlord update   Angelic Warlord update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelic Warlord update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: