Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Listen to the new Skillet all week

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
ChosenOne
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Listen to the new Skillet all week Empty
PostSubject: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

If you want, over at new release tuesday they are streaming the enitire new album by Skillet. You have to register (free). I think as of right now I want to be surprised but tomorrow or the next day.....

http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah, I know I'm gonna get it anyway so I think I will wait too. But that is cool for the people sitting on the fence.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:19 am

I will think hard about this. Although, if I listen to it now, I still have the bonus songs on the deluxe edition to look forward to...I'm conflicted lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 am

I'm going to try to not give in and just wait for the CD. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:22 pm

So will all of us hold out and wait for the release? Or will someone break-down and stream the album?
Laughing

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm weakening, but still haven't broke.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Haven't broke yet
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 am

Listened to it. You guys and gals are going to like this a lot. It's a mix of all their previous stuff with new twists. I've heard a lot of criticisms on other boards. But most of those doing the lip flapping are those who have a habit of comparing a current release with a previous one. The key is to judge what you are seeing or hearing as unique without prejudiced influence. And sure this release isn't perfect, but it's good...real good.
Back to top Go down
calex

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 am

I am new to the music of Skillet. I was introduced to their
music by my friend. The only song that I heard from them
so far is the "Hero". I could say, it was an awesome music.
The message of the song is so true. Yes one day we will
have our own hero but spiritually, we already had, our
guardian angels and of course our Almighty God, who saved
us and lead us to the right path of our lives.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 am

Welcome Calex to the CHMR and to the wonderful world of Skillet. They are an amazing band. You should check out thier last album Comatose and the album before Collide. In fact if you ever come across any of thier old albums check em out. If you dig Skillet stick around because your eyes will be opened and your ears will be rocked to music like Skillet and more
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey Calex welcome to the board. Yep, lots of Skillet fans here as well of a lot of other cool bands you might want to check out too.

Listen to the new Skillet all week 9

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:26 pm

As the owner of this board, I would like to welcome you, Calex. I hope you'll like the bands you discover here as well as the people that hang out here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Still haven't broken yet. I know how it's always mentioned that they could get into trouble but I read a rumor that I can neither confirm nor deny. On another messageboard I am a part of, someone mentioned that some Wal-Marts have already stocked "Awake" on thier shelf. So I guess if you go to Wal-mart this weekend you may want to check it out.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 pm

I was at mine earlier tonight and no luck (although I have it pre-ordered so I wouldn't have bought it anyway). Then again, I'm not really surprised because our Wal-mart's Christian music section is extremely small.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 pm

The Walmart next to my work got rid of the Christian music section and replaced with a Spanish langauge music section that is 4 times the size of the old Christian music section.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 am

Walmart may still have this in stock as Skillet gets a lot of play on secular radio. Look for it in the regular rock/pop section.

The Christian sections at Walmart are stocked by an outside vendor according to my sister-in-law who works in the electronic dept. in Lebanon. The shrinking size of the display is largely due to lack of sales. But, they mostly stock adult contemporary music. When they actually have something good, they don't get it in until days and sometimes weeks after the release date. I rarely buy anything from Walmart anymore when it comes to music.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Well the Walmart closest to my house usually still carries the major radio Christian rock releases, so I would guess it will probably be there. But the Walmart right next to my office is a dead-end when it comes to any Christian releases.
And for some reason music of our stores that sell cds don't seem to get any of them until nearly a week after the release date. One of the joys of living so far out west I guess. It must still come by wagon coach.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:43 am

Quote :
And for some reason music of our stores that
sell cds don't seem to get any of them until nearly a week after the
release date. One of the joys of living so far out west I guess. It
must still come by wagon coach.

The delay is not with the shipping--it is with the outside vendors that stock your Christian section. Even this close to most of the major distribution centers of most Christian labels, those vendors have at least a week delay in getting new product to Walmart.

Quote :

I know how it's always mentioned that they could
get into trouble but I read a rumor that I can neither confirm nor
deny. On another messageboard I am a part of, someone mentioned that
some Wal-Marts have already stocked "Awake" on thier shelf.

While some companies may not care as it will boost sales, many companies have sued Walmart for stocking items before their release date. Disney has done this more than once.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

The delay is not with the shipping--it is with the outside vendors that stock your Christian section. Even this close to most of the major distribution centers of most Christian labels, those vendors have at least a week delay in getting new product to Walmart.

That makes sense, but it still stinks.
lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:37 pm

I do not have to wait any longer about hearing my new Skillet. I have the deluxe edition in hand and now on my Zune!

I will say that this disc is a great cross between "Collide" and "Comatose". I do miss the drumming of Lacey Peterson, though. Jen Ledger is good, but not the "monster" drummer that Lacey was.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:45 pm

do you mean Lori Peters,lol. The album is really good and I like it a lot. Really think it is the best Skillet album to date. Jen's voice isn't that bad either
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I will say that this disc is a great cross between "Collide" and "Comatose". I do miss the drumming of Lacey Peterson, though. Jen Ledger is good, but not the "monster" drummer that Lacey was.

ChosenOne wrote:
do you mean Lori Peters,lol. The album is really good and I like it a lot. Really think it is the best Skillet album to date. Jen's voice isn't that bad either

You see now that he actually has the Skillet disc all he can think about is getting the new Flyleaf cd, hence the name confusion.
lol!

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 pm

I hate to be the one that disagrees with everyone, but I didn't like the disc as much as I though I would. To me, it seemed like they took a more "radio friendly" approach to this album. There were a lot of mid-tempo songs, which isn't a bad thing, but to me a lot of them sounded alike. There were a few stand out tracks like Monster, Hero, Awake and Alive, and I really liked the bonus song "Dead Inside." But outside of those, there just wasn't as much that appealed to me like Comatose did. To me there just seemed to be more variety on Comatose than Awake. Now, with that being said, I didn't think this was a bad album at all. In fact, It'll still probably get quite a few spins from me. I just think I set my expectations too high for this one...so please don't hate me lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

Quote :
You see now that he actually has the Skillet
disc all he can think about is getting the new Flyleaf cd, hence the
name confusion.

Flyleaf has a new one coming out? When? Did I know about it? lol!

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am

Speaking of Flyleaf, they just posted a new song on their official site today called "Again":

http://site.flyleafmusic.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the new Skillet all week   Listen to the new Skillet all week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listen to the new Skillet all week
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next