Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disciple teaser?

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Staybrite
silentthunder89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm

They posted a blog that simply stated: "I just know something is coming September 15th."

I'm thinking this could be one of 4 possibilities:

1) Rerelease of an old record such as "This Might Sting a Little" - I'm thinking it could be this based solely upon how they delivered the news since "I Just Know" is the title track on that disk. PLUS it's on a tuesday, and the bulk of Christian music comes out on tuesdays.

2) Release of a Live DVD/Documentary - The last music video they put out for "Lay My Burdens" looks kind of like it's an excerpt from a documentary (kind of like the Demon Hunter documentary "45 Days").

3) New merchandise added to the store - It's always possible.

4) Release of Deluxe Edition of Southern Hospitality - They've done it for the past couple of albums, so maybe they'll do it for this one too.

Or I could be completely wrong and it could be nothing remotely close to any of these lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Maybe even all of the above.
Laughing

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:26 am

That would be cool all of the above.
But, we have to wait till September 15th to see what it really is.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 am

I'll be watching JesusFreakHideout's new release section to see if anything comes down the pike. It it's a reissue, I probably won't care. But, if they are sneaking something new out, then I might. I'm betting it's a live album. They've not done that before.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm

I would love a live CD/DVD. It kinda makes sense too since it seems like everyone is doing it (Skillet, Toby Mac, Demon Hunter, Kutless, etc.). But unlike some other bands, I think Disciple could really pull it off. It seems like everytime I see them live, they're doing something new.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:04 pm

With the new material and new lineup, a live DVD with Disciple could be amazing. If they could go back and pull out a few classics, and bring their original guitarist in to do some songs, that could really be worth the purchase price.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Probably a worship CD. Rolling Eyes

Staybrite

Staybrite

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

ROTFL

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:23 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

I wouldn't be angry. I think Disciple is one of the few bands that could really pull a worship CD off good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I do think that Disciple could pull off a worship album--especially if they picked some lesser known songs and gave them the full Disciple treatment.

I also got to thinking that maybe they could be doing a live acoustic project. That could also be cool to hear from the guys.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 am

Disciple a worship CD?
That will be a rockin'worship CD
ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I also got to thinking that maybe they could be doing a live acoustic project. That could also be cool to hear from the guys.

Didn't they already do an acoustic EP?

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they already re-issued "This Might Sting a Little"? I'd like to see a re-issue of their debut w/ the "My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy" tracks tacked on as a bonus. That would be killer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:13 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they already re-issued "This Might Sting a Little"? I'd like to see a re-issue of their debut w/ the "My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy" tracks tacked on as a bonus. That would be killer!

I guess what I really meant was re-record. I believe you're right, I think they did re-issue around the time the Back Again album came out.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
.... I'd like to see a re-issue of their debut w/ the "My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy" tracks tacked on as a bonus. That would be killer!

I'm not sure all those songs would fit on one album. IRRC the debut is a pretty long disc.

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Quote :
Lots
of stuff happening in the world of Disciple! We just released all of
the vintage Disciple albums for the first time digitally, so now you
can pick up any of the classic Disciple albums you are missing and
download all of your favorite songs like “I Just Know,” “Big Bad Wolf,”
and “God of Elijah.” Head on over to iTunes, Napster or Amazon MP3 to
let the fun begin! Download vintage Disciple albums on iTunes!

But
wait…the fun doesn’t end there! We also just launched a new online
store with new designs, and to celebrate the grand opening we want to
give you a special deal: $5 off any order over $50. Enter the coupon
code DISCIPLE5 when you check out to get the discount. Begin shopping at the new Disciple Merch Store!

Well, I was close. I was hoping they were going to re-record all the vintage albums, but instead they just release them all in digital form...nothing I dont already have.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:57 pm

The only classic of theirs that I would want to see re-recorded would be their debut "What Was I Thinking?". I would love to hear that disc done with modern production.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:23 pm

They have the physical cds I believe in the merchandise store for like $12. Gonna have to get my copy of "back again"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Hardly seems like news at all.

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 pm

I guess it would be if you had just recently become a Disciple fan and can't find any of the other albums at your local wal-mart.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:12 am

I'm curious to know what the vintage Disciple albums are.
Is that older stuff of Disciple?
And is it a bit "cookie monsterish"music?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 am

They mean the What Was I Thinking, My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy, This Might Sting a Little, By God, and Back Again albums are now available in digital form (ie Itunes, Amazon MP3 etc.). Personally, I like the new stuff better, but in some ways I like the early albums better. There's a bit of Cookie Monster vocals, but not as much as the Back Again albums.

I think my favorite "Vintage" Disciple song would have to be "I Just Know." It's a really strong song about separations in denominations and how we all have 1 very important thing in common and the only thing that matters is that "I just know Jesus is the way, I just know Jesus is the truth, I just know Jesus is the life, I know that Jesus is my God!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disciple teaser? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple teaser?   Disciple teaser? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciple teaser?
Page 1 of 1