Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireflight Acoustiv EP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Fireflight Acoustiv EP Empty
PostSubject: Fireflight Acoustiv EP   Fireflight Acoustiv EP I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Quote :
In a unique underground promotion as a thank-you to fans, Fireflight announces for the first time AND debuts
today a brand new project, "Unbroken and Unplugged", a collection of acoustic songs from their two albums,
Unbreakable and The Healing Of Harms. Get it now at www.Fireflightrock.com!
<blockquote>
"An essential piece for every Fireflight fan, Unbroken and Unplugged
includes acoustic versions of five Fireflight favorites including the
smash single “Unbreakable”. This digital EP is available exclusively
for the next month at the Fireflight Official Online Music Store.
Beginning October 6th, it will be available on iTunes, AmazonMP3, or
your preferred digital retailer. You can also get a physical CD
exclusively at Fireflight concerts through the end of the year. If you
haven’t made plans to attend THE HOPE TOUR it will be hitting a city
near you this Fall (see the tour section of fireflightrock.com for
details)."
</blockquote>
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight Acoustiv EP   Fireflight Acoustiv EP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh Digital EP!!!!!!

Hmm as much as I really don't dig the digital only stuff I might have to get this one anyway.

Thanks for posting that ST

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight Acoustiv EP   Fireflight Acoustiv EP I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Hey I just downloaded this EP from Amazon this morning and have listened to it a few times already.

Cool selection of songs but it would have been nice to see them add something from one of their two independent releases. Four of the five songs come from the most recent "Unbreakable" album. All four of those songs have some level of "string arrangement" in them, the first track "Stand Up" is completely an orchestrated string arrangement behind the vocals (no guitars at all that I can hear). I think of the first four songs that the "Forever" song works best with this type of arrangement.

The fifth and final track "You Decide" is the only song not taken from the "Unbreakable" album (it is from 2006's "The Healing of Harms"). This tune features Dawn's voice (with the male back-up vocal) and a single acoustic guitar.

This is a very "stripped down" album, but I think it works for most of the songs. The classic string arrangements make the album sound very "somber" (which for the most part I find kinda cool). I think it might have been nice to see them throw a few more acoustic instruments into the mix and give a few of the songs some variety, but hey, it is just an EP and before you really have much a chance to even get tried of the arrangements it's over.

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight Acoustiv EP   Fireflight Acoustiv EP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireflight Acoustiv EP
Page 1 of 1