Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roll Call!

Go down 
+9
silentthunder89
7thSecond
Fundy
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
dale434445
topshot rhit
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Ok it has been years since we have done a roll-call list. This is a fun little way of getting to know each other a little better. Also it lets you know what you can all buy for me for Christmas since I didn't seem to get anything from most of you for my birthday (just kidding........but not really).
Roll Call! Icon_lol

Alright, I will start since I had this brilliant idea. Feel free to skip any of the questions that don't seem to apply to you (or you just don't feel like answering). For ease of answering just cut and paste my post in a new thread and replace my asnwers with yours.

First Name: Gary

Nickname(s): Staybrite (actually a nickname I got way back in the Army)

Home State (or Country): Washington (no not D.C., the other one up by Canada)

Favorite Bands: Red Sea, Saint, Sacred Warrior, Barren Cross, Decemberadio, Theocracy, Letter 7, Main Line Riders, Mission of One, White Heart

Favorite Food: Teriyaki/Yakisoba (Japanese food), Chinese food, Pasta, Mexican food, Pasteries, and a good steak smothered in onions and mushrooms. I really like food.

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Romans & the Gospel of John

Favorite Book/Author: Love everything Ted Dekker has written

Favorite Activity/Sport: Roll Call! Icon_scratch Does web surfing count?

Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones series, Narnia movies, Fireproof, Princess Bride

Favorite websites: Christian Hard Music, Angelic Warlord, Firestream Music Vault, Reverend Fun

Children/Siblings: I have a half sister and a half brother (both adults). I have two sons and a daughter ages 10, 12 & 16.

What's Your Ride?: I drive a 2003 Subaru Forrester (it was a free hand-me down).

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House (a relatively small one).

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Many years ago I used to "exit high velocity aircraft while in flight"....that is I used to parachute out of airplanes.

Number of posts : 3872
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:35 pm

First Name: Michael

Nickname(s): topshot

Home State (or Country): Indiana

Favorite Bands: Knoteye and a bunch of others

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Acts & James

Favorite Book/Author: God

Favorite Activity/Sport: Backpacking now though I don't have time to do it. Is remodeling a sport?

Favorite Movies: Passion of the Christ, Fireproof, Joshua, Jonah, That the World May Know documentary series

Favorite websites: Christian Hard Music and Facebook are about the only ones I visit on my own regularly

Children/Siblings: No sibs. 3 boys.

What's Your Ride?: 99 Honda Accord sedan

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House, which I'm remodeling

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Used to make bombs for fun

dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:17 pm

First Name: Dale

Home State (or Country): Georgia

Favorite Bands: Red Sea, Letter 7, Stryper, Guardian, Bride, Whitecross

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Acts

Favorite Book/Author: John Grisham, Frnak Peretti, and autobiographies

Favorite Activity/Sport: Football, Road and Mountain biking, running

Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Waynes World, Dumb and Dumber

Favorite websites: Christian Hard Music, Christian metal Realm, Melodicrock.com

Children/Siblings: 1 sister/ 2 girls

What's Your Ride?: 2003 Nissan Frontier

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

First Name: Josh

Home State (or Country): Iowa

Favorite Bands: Styper,Disciple,Skillet,Guardian,Holy Soldier,WhiteHeart,to many more

Favorite Food: Hamburger

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: John

Favorite Book/Author: Vince Flynn

Favorite Activity/Sport: Baseball

Favorite Movies: The Dark Knight,Pirates Trilogy,Star Wars Saga

Favorite websites: Christian Hard Music, Christian metal Realm, Melodicrock.com

Children/Siblings: 3 boys/2 brothers

What's Your Ride?: 1999 Pontiac Grand am SE

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: Other/Duplex
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:15 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

Now I remember where I've seen your picture before, it was on the FBI top 10 most wanted list. That's kind of a scary factoid. Do you still have all your fingers?

dale434445 wrote:

Favorite Bands: Red Sea, Letter 7, Stryper, Guardian, Bride, Whitecross

Favorite Activity/Sport: Football, Road and Mountain biking, running

Dude I absolutely love your taste in music, Roll Call! 676823 but running as a hobby?!? Oh man when I got out of the Army, running was the first thing I gave up.
Roll Call! Icon_lol

ChosenOne wrote:

Favorite Food: Hamburger

You mean like cooked on a bun? Not raw straight out the package....right?
Roll Call! Icon_geek

ChosenOne

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Yep, well done, ketchup,mustard, and a few pickles. Anything else on the burger absolutley kills it
Back to top Go down

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:30 pm

First Name: Nick

Home State (or Country): New Mexico, USA

Favorite Bands: Red Sea, Die Happy, Bride, Barnabas, Saint, Sacred Warrior, Barren Cross, Theocracy, Rob Rock

Favorite Food: REAL Mexican Food (not the Toxic Bell version)

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Gospel of John and Ruth

Favorite Book/Author: CS Lewis

Favorite Activity/Sport: Drumming

Children/Siblings: I have three sisters (one deceased) and a brother. I have one son, aged 16, and a daughter aged 11.

What's Your Ride?: 1988 Jeep Cherokee

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House.

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Depends on your definition of normal. Roll Call! Icon_razz

I tend to be very emotional, especially in regards to movies and music. Many times I've cried over things that would probably raise a few eyebrows. Shhhh... don't tell. Roll Call! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:06 am

First Name: Chris

Home State (or Country): Tennessee

Favorite Bands: Bride, Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber, Whitecross, Stryper, Decemberadio, Decyfer Down, etc., etc., etc.

Favorite Food: Mexican food, Pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries, green beans, and pretty much anything edible

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Gospel of John

Favorite Book/Author: Ted Dekker, AW Tozer

Favorite Activity/Sport: Playing bass & guitar, home recording, song writing, reading, playing on the computer. Oh, it does say activity there, doesn't it? I don't have a very active lifestyle

Children/Siblings: I have an older brother named Darren (Sabidoo) that ya'll have met. I have an even older sister named Miranda.

What's Your Ride?: 2002 Ford Ranger (I love that truck)

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House. Same one for 18 years now.

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Where do I start? I can do multiple impersonations--mostly cartoon characters--but some like Yoda (Star Wars) and Gollam (LOTR). I can even sound like the old jazz musician Louie Armstrong. That will be my "short list" of oddities. I am an odd bird.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

First Name: Yvonne

Home State (or Country): Nederland

Favorite Bands: Bride, Disciple, Mission Of One, Stryper, Pillar, and so many other bands.

Favorite Food: Italian and French food, fruit.

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Gospel of John

Favorite Book/Author: Everything that I love to read.

Favorite Activity/Sport: Playing on my guitar, reading, biking on my race bike, cooking, listening to music. Ohhhhh yep, I think I like to be on the computer and like to be here.

Children/Siblings: I have 3 sisters and one brother. I have one daughter and two sons.

What's Your Ride?: 2001 Toyota Yaris Verso

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: We live in a house for more than 15 years now

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Is very shy and can be very introvert, special when I don't feel comfortable.
Well, the rest of me you have to figure out.
Ohh yeah I love mountains.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5322
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:13 pm

First Name: Peter

Nickname(s): Fundy (used to be FundaMETAList and Fullmetalracket)

Home State (or Country): UK

Favorite Bands: Theocracy, X-Sinner, Bride, Rein Xeed many many more

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: James and Romans 14

Favorite Movies: Animal Crackjers, Lord Of The Rings

Favorite websites: Christian Hard Music, Angelic Warlord, Firestream Music Vault, Christian Metal Realm

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: I used to think East Anglia was in Africa (later I realised I actually lived in East Anglia!!!!!!!!!!)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Depends on your definition of normal. Roll Call! Icon_razz

I tend to be very emotional, especially in regards to movies and music. Many times I've cried over things that would probably raise a few eyebrows. Shhhh... don't tell. Roll Call! Icon_smile

Dude, I'm so glad to hear you say that. This happens to me all the time. I am sure most married couples cried during that movie "Fireproof". Well I cried for probably half of it (as did my wife thankfully). But I cry (at some point) during lots of movies (Facing the Giants, Rudy, Les Miserables etc.). Don't get me wrong, I'm not balling like a school-girl (just tearing up....um sometimes a lot), but my wife almost never crys during a sad scene in a movie. Sometimes it makes me feel like a total wuss...........maybe we should start a support group or something.

Staybrite

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Where do I start? I can do multiple impersonations--mostly cartoon characters--but some like Yoda (Star Wars) and Gollam (LOTR). I can even sound like the old jazz musician Louie Armstrong. That will be my "short list" of oddities. I am an odd bird.

Dude, that is hilariously cool. I bet you drove your siblings nuts when you were younger.

Fundy wrote:

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: I used to think East Anglia was in Africa (later I realised I actually lived in East Anglia!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh man that sounds exactly like something I would be guilty of. And worse I would probably get into an argument with someone over it and feel like a total idiot when I was proven wrong.
Roll Call! Lol

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Quote :

I
tend to be very emotional, especially in regards to movies and music.
Many times I've cried over things that would probably raise a few
eyebrows. Shhhh... don't tell.

I tear up in movies, too. But, the first movie I really cried during was Star Trek: Generations. When they destroyed the Enterprise D, I cried.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:43 pm

I honestly don't tear up for movies save for one. Rocky 2 when Adrian wakes up from the coma after Rocky jr was born. Rocky says that he won't fight and she looks at him and says "There's only one thing I want you to do....Win. Win". Gets me everytime.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:54 pm

First Name: ERiC (38)

Home State (or Country): South Carolina

Job: Train Engineer

Favorite Bands: 7 Seconds, Minor Threat, Anti-Heros, Chain Of Strength, The Crucified, Social Distortion, Killswitch Engage, Testament, Queensryche, Def Leppard, Holy Soldier, Stavesacre, Alice In Chains, Etc...

Favorite Food: Beef Stroganoff and Spaghetti

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Probably Revelations

Favorite Book/Author: Punk Rock Dad, Symplicity, Dimebag Darrell: He Came To Rock, The Heroin Diaries, Motley Crue: The Dirt

Favorite Movies: Suburbia, SLC Punk, American History X, American Hardcore, Get Thrashed, Anvil!: The Story Of Anvil, The Devils Rejects, Stand By Me, Roadhouse, The Wrestler, Meet The Parents, Meet The Fockers, Borat, Etc...

Favorite Activity/Sport: Playing with the wife and kids, watching college football and basketball, mountain biking, shooting pistols

Favorite Websites: Rock Island, Heart Of Metal, Blabbermouth, Glocktalk, Trainorders, Facebook

Children/Siblings: I have 2 sons (3 & 9) and 1 brother

What's Your Ride?: A red 2008 Focus SES

Do you live in an Apartment/House/Other?: House

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: Honestly everything. I guess to most people it would be that my dress, way of thinking and music tastes haven't changed since I was a teenager.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

That's kind of a scary factoid. Do you still have all your fingers?
Despite one "mistake", amazingly yes. All body parts present and accounted for.
Tip: When the Anarchist's Cookbook says a mixture is unstable, trust it.

7thSecond wrote:
my dress, way of thinking and music tastes haven't changed since I was a teenager
I'm almost the same except I'm Christian now so my way of thinking changed and I wear Christian t-shirts with my jeans rather than concert t-shirts.

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:15 am

Staybrite wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Dude, I'm so glad to hear you say that. This happens to me all the time. I am sure most married couples cried during that movie "Fireproof". Well I cried for probably half of it (as did my wife thankfully). But I cry (at some point) during lots of movies (Facing the Giants, Rudy, Les Miserables etc.). Don't get me wrong, I'm not balling like a school-girl (just tearing up....um sometimes a lot), but my wife almost never crys during a sad scene in a movie. Sometimes it makes me feel like a total wuss...........maybe we should start a support group or something.

So I'm not the only girlie man here? Cool!

The other day, my son "discovered" Iron Eagle (one of my favorite movies) and we sat and watched it together. I teared up WAY TOO MUCH during that film, and I've seen it dozens of times. Roll Call! Lol
Back to top Go down

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 am

topshot rhit wrote:

Tip: When the Anarchist's Cookbook says a mixture is unstable, trust it.

I read that! Roll Call! Lol

Never created my own, but I live in mining terrirory... In times past, I liberated volitile substances from powder magazines and put them to good use. Roll Call! Lol
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 am

It's not girlie when you are emotional.
It's somethings that belongs to you.
I tear up in movies too.
Even when Bambi's mom was shot. I cried.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 pm

First Name: Graham

Nicknames: Grahamcracker, Golden Graham, Teddy Graham, G-ram...I think you get the idea.

Home State (or Country): Kentucky

Job: Student at Georgetown College

Favorite Bands: Pillar, Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Burden of a Day, The Showdown, Staple, Jesse Clegg, Lecrae, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Nailpoint, PK Mitchell, Project 86, Stryper, Whitecross, Bride, etc.

Favorite Food: Tacos, Hibachi, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, and anything beef.

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." --Galatians 5:1

Favorite Book/Author: I like to read Lee Strobel works (Case for Christ/Creator/Faith etc.), Shane Claiborne, and Rob Bell.

Favorite Movies: I have a soft spot for old school disney movies, Fireproof, and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and When Nature Calls.

Favorite Activity/Sport: I love me some Basketball, Football, and Baseball (as well as watching it).

Favorite Websites: Christian Hard Music, Jesus Freak Hideout, New Release Tuesday, Indie Vision Music, Facebook and Myspace (mostly for the music nowadays.)

Children/Siblings: One sister (22)

What's Your Ride?: A dark green 2000 Neon (I'll take 31mpg over a V8 engine any day lol)

Do you live in an Apartment/House/Other?: Frat house/home with the parents

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: I've been told by many that I have a weird taste in music, but when I come here I feel that I'm not alone Roll Call! Icon_smile Also, I have a stong addiction to a Kentucky soft drink called Ale 8 and used to drink about 2 cases a week (although now I've controlled myself to just about 1 case a week Roll Call! Icon_wink )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself: I've been told by many that I have a weird taste in music, but when I come here I feel that I'm not alone Roll Call! Icon_smile Also, I have a stong addiction to a Kentucky soft drink called Ale 8 and used to drink about 2 cases a week (although now I've controlled myself to just about 1 case a week Roll Call! Icon_wink )

Dude that's why we are all here, our weird taste in music.....

But man you gotta get over that soft drink addiction. See if you can ween yourself down to like 2 cans a day, and then just one can a day. If you don't, soon you won't have any teeth at all (then people would think you were from Tennessee instead of Kentucky)!
Roll Call! Icon_lol

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Quote :
If you don't, soon you won't have any teeth at all (then people would think you were from Tennessee instead of Kentucky!

Perhaps I'll just get it on an IV instead Roll Call! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 am

So CMH is the place for people who have a weird taste in music?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:44 pm

First Name: Josh

Nickname(s): FRO (old high-school nickname, don't ask!)

Home State (or Country): Nebraska

Favorite Bands: Tourniquet, Saint, Theocracy, Kekal, Mortification, too many to name Razz

Favorite Food:
Mexican food - traditional, tex-mex, Americanized, whatever. Mexican food in all forms Very Happy

Favorite Bible Scripture or Book: Revelations

Favorite Book/Author: Not a big reader, but still partial to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Dune series, and the A Wrinkle In Time series by Madeline L'Engle

Favorite Activity/Sport: College Football for sport, otherwise listening to music or gaming for activity.

Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Princess Bride, The Fifth Element

Favorite websites: BlabberJesus network of sites, Angelic Warlord, Firestream Music Vault

Children/Siblings: One brother, 3 years younger than I.

What's Your Ride?: I have a '97 Buick Century Ltd, and a '93 Chevy conversion van (yeah, one of those big monster vans)

Do you live in an Apartement/House/Other?: House

Tell something odd/not normal about yourself:I'm just odd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Staybrite

Staybrite

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
So CMH is the place for people who have a weird taste in music?

Well I would say maybe not "weird" but definately a small group.

How many people do you know (outside of this board) that like the kinds of bands we listen to?

Roll Call! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Call!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next