Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?

Go down 
+5
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Dynamis
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm just asking because there just doesn't seem to be much happening right now. Slow times, to say the least.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:54 pm

I wonder about the same.
Isn't it always a bit quiet in the music world in the first months of the year?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:37 pm

Things do tend to heat up a bit when GMA rolls around. Summer and Christmas are the busiest times of the year it seems.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, Retroactive has several re-issues just around the corner: Daniel Band, Titanic and Final Axe. The first three Bride albums are going to be re-issued as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Pastor Brad has a new album coming out this spring that has my interest. I'm not a fan of instrumental albums (as his last several have been)....but this new album is going to feature a bunch of guest singers including (but not limited to...)

Les Carlson - Bloodgood
Norm "Ski" - Faithfactor
Chaz Bond - Jacob's Dream
Dave Merriwether - Stricken
(and several others as well it seems)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:00 am

I'll definitely get the Final Axe and Titanic reissues. I love those discs, but I've always felt that they were held back by the drum machines. This will be, however, the final time I buy these. I won't even do it for bonus tracks.

The new Fireflight CD comes out in just 8 days. Now there's something to get excited about! I've loved everything else they've done, but they really improved when they got signed. Their full length demo is good, but does not sound good when compared to their more recent works. Regardless, I want to get the new disc and need to get that preordered.

Not sure if anyone but me will care, but Starfield also has a new disc coming out. These guys are a worship band, but they do bring some rock to the table. Imagine if Kutless was doing all original music with their worship discs, add a heavy dose of Switchfoot in, and you've got Starfield. I've got their previous 3 CDs and will be adding this one to the coolection as well.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I'm just asking because there just doesn't seem to be much happening right now. Slow times, to say the least.
I think that's why God called me out of this rat race. Sorry, but to me it's idolatry. I always had to have another "fix" if you will. Find that next cool band. I hardly ever listened to what I got even, not that that matters. With 900+ albums, you'd think I wouldn't need to find more things I could listen to. I don't. If I actually do want to listen to something, I listen to one of my few long time favorites.

These posts come up every year. I looked forward to slow times as I got a wee bit more time to breathe, though I normally kept looking for other "unknown" bands anyway. Quite honestly, it's an addiction. I kicked the habit from secular music many years ago (before I truly met God), and now I've kicked the Christian music habit.

At least most of you here listen to only Christian stuff. I'd encourage you though to search your hearts from time to time. Is the music really getting you closer in your relationship with God or just tickling the ears sometimes? The spiritual battle is raging. We are called to be holy. We become tainted by reading, watching and listening to what the world offers, regardless of how well we think we guard our hearts.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:13 am

If you are insinuating that none of us ever search our hearts, then that comes off as incredibly judgemental and rather uppity.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

When the sound of the Final Axe and Titanic CDs is better and improved, I might order them too.

At least Robert Sweet on drums sound much better than a drum machine.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

I will check out Starfield.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

At least most of you here listen to only Christian stuff. I'd encourage you though to search your hearts from time to time. Is the music really getting you closer in your relationship with God or just tickling the ears sometimes? The spiritual battle is raging. We are called to be holy. We become tainted by reading, watching and listening to what the world offers, regardless of how well we think we guard our hearts.

I "exam my heart" several times a year, and have occassionaly expected that music may have become an idol for me, so I have stepped away from it on occasion. If I was constantly "jonesing" to find the next great band (like you mentioned), I think I might give it up too. But while we are "searching our hearts" it's not just music that can become an idol, it can be t.v., movies, the internet, clothing or a myriad of many other things. If I got rid of everything I enjoyed just because I feared it might be turning into an "idol" I would probably find myself living in a cave with no clothes, no family, and no light to even read my bible by..........

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 pm

The Daniel Band remaster sounds fantastic....

I only own a vinyl copy of 'On Rock' and in comparison the remaster sounds much 'warmer' and has more depth. I'm Sorry never sounded that good! At times it does sound however as if the bass peaks, but not distorts. Speaking with Cliffy he indicated he only had the previous M8 Cd to work with. And he made several substantional changes.

The Titanic re-recordings with Robert on drums also sound great! More feel and he definately adds the much needed PUNCH! that some of those songs lacked.

I haven't listened to the Final Axe stuff yet but I'm sure it will follow right along....

Yes Alldat it is a slow time.... I've really noticed that myself..... lol....

Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm

I just got this in a bulletin message from Disciple. Lets all remember Micah in our prayers:

Quote :
FROM ANDREW: for
those of you who don't know, Micah has been through a LOT lately. about
a month ago he had his wisdom teeth taken out. for the next few weeks
he had headaches and numbness in his face that continually got worse.
he kept going to his orthodontist to see what was up and they kept
sending him home with pain medicine. about a week ago Micah's mom was
in town visiting and decided to take him to the hospital. by the time
they got to the hospital Micah couldn't even walk because of the pain.
they ran a CT scan and found there was an infection that started in his
right jaw and spread to the entire right side of his head. they have
since done three surgeries to try to remove the infection and Micah has
spent a week in the hospital.

Ok, so obviously the best thing we can do is pray for Micah, and trust me he appreciates our prayers.

But
on top of that we're going to start taking donations to cover some of
his medical expenses. I'm not sure on the number exactly, but I know
he's had at least 3 surgeries and that's a lot of money.

I'm
asking you to give whatever you can. Whether if be you're daily gas
station coffee money for a week or if you feel the need to give more.
Every single little bit helps! I know times are tough right now, but I
know Micah has touched the bands' life, and if you've seen them in
concert yours, even if it's just by putting a smile on your face.

So here's what we can do:

1. Donate at the shows, Andrew will be more than happy to make sure the money gets to MIcah
Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? Icon_smile

2. Send cash/check and even a get well card to management at

Platform Artist Management
ATTN: Micah Sannan
256 Seaboard Lane
Suite C-103
Franklin, TN 37067

3. Paypal- Donate online:
eterna829@gmail.com

Thank you for all the prayers, support, and donations!

Here is a link to the facebook group you can join!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... 594&ref=mf
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm

See--now that's the kind of stuff I want to see. I want to know more than just if there is a new CD coming out. I want to know stuff about the artists. Is there some way that they are in need of prayer? Do they have any praise reports from the road? There is a lot more than just jonesing for a new CD.

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 am

TobyMac has a new CD coming out soon as well. I've been a big fan of his from the start.

I'll have to think about that new Fireflight CD. Since I got an iPod a couple weeks ago, I've been going a bit overboard buying stuff on iTunes:

Building A Better Me by Dogwood
Grace & Water and The Eminent Storm by Mehida
Reset by Kronicles

And, most recently, a few albums from a couple of Bill Menchen's other projects:
The Seventh Power and Dominion & Power by The Seventh Power
Red Rock by Menchen
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:44 am

Then we have to search for more "other band" news than only the news about new Cds.

I found a letter of Michael Sweet, maybe is that the stuff we have to post here too.

It's cool to listen to music, but I think when bands need our prayer, support and encouregement we have to do that.

Maybe we can start a prayer thread for band -- band members who need our prayer support like Micah of Disciple and like Michael Sweet last year.
They are our brothers too.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
If you are insinuating that none of us ever search our hearts, then that comes off as incredibly judgemental and rather uppity.
How you perceive it is up to you, of course. I call it a word of exhortation to not let the spirit of the world infect our lives and relationships with God. That doesn't require living naked in a dark cave either, of course.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:07 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
How you perceive it is up to you, of course. I call it a word of exhortation to not let the spirit of the world infect our lives and relationships with God. That doesn't require living naked in a dark cave either, of course.

It certainly does not requrie living naked in a dark cave, but I was just exagerating my tendency to go a little "overboard" on occasion when trying to pull away from my "percieved sins". One of those areas where God is certainly still working on me (as if any part of me is finished).

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 am

Listened to Starfield, and yep, I like what I hear.
Now, what's the coolest Cd or Cds to roder.
I hope I can order on Musichristian and use the promo code.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Disciple has posted this in a blog today. This is a REALLY strong testimony to what God has done in his life!!

Quote :

Hey everybody! This is Micah. Its
come to my attention that a lot of people who have been praying for me
and donating to me don't actually know what's happened. I think that if
you're gonna pray for or donate to somebody that you get to know what
your praying for and what your donating to. its taken a few days to sit
down and make this happen, for that I apologize. But first things
first, Thank thank thank all of you for your thoughts, concerns,
prayers and donations already. The amount of prayer that has spread
across the U.S. from family to friends to acquaintances to fans. It has
been absolutely overwhelming and I am so so thankful for it all.

So
here we go, i'll try not to write a novel....On January 6th I got my
wisdom teeth taken out, on the 11th I found out i had 2 dry sockets,
both bottom teeth so we dealt with that accordingly. Dry socket is very
painful but usually heals quickly. Monday the 18th I was prescribed an
an antibiotic to help rid the dry socket, it just wasn't going away.
This whole time I was enduring terrible headaches but just thought it
was part of the dry socket deal. Friday the 22nd I was in so much pain
that I went back to see my oral surgeon, he x-rayed my mouth and head
but didn't find anything abnormal so he prescribed me another
antibiotic and a stronger pain pill. That pill made me finally sleep
all of friday night but when i woke saturday the pain was something
else. Saturday the 23rd my Mom had a pretty bad feeling and hopped on a
plane from oregon. When she landed in the afternoon she knew something
was wrong, made a phone call to Dr. Carter (my oral surgeon) and took
me to the E.R. at vanderbilt around 2:00AM. Around 5AM sunday the 24th
Adam and my mom got the results from my catscan. At this point they had
fed me so many drugs i was almost entirely incoherent. What they found
was an abscess/infection near the hinge of my jaw on the right side of
my mouth and in between my skull and the membrane that protects the
brain. Mind you on friday they scanned me and saw nothing so this
infection was spreading fast. Immediately they called a team of
neurosurgeons, the infectious diseases team and my oral surgeon. They
needed to get me in to surgery and remove the abscess from my cranium,
they informed Adam and my mom that if the infection spreads to my brain
we were up against death, brain damage, paralysis, personality changes,
and/or memory loss. Finally at 9:30 sunday morning they took me into
surgery and all went well it hadn't gotten to my brain. I woke up in
the Neurological I.C.U. with 6 IV's in my arms, a drain comin' out of
my half shaved head and a catheter. Now i found out at this point that
what had happened to me was very very rare. This was the 3rd case ever
recorded that an infection from the mouth had spread to the cranium.
This was why i was getting so much attention from all these world class
surgeons and doctors. So all was calm until tuesday night when the
headaches re-set in. They rushed me to the catscan and found the
infection had re-grown in my jaw but my head was all clear. So
Wednesday the 27th, I went back under the knife to get it removed
again. The labs had came back and the infection was just a form of
strep, very common infection in a very uncommon area, they just didn't
understand how it worked its way to my brain or how it was even working
its way into the tissue in my mouth and they still don't really. So
Thursday was another recover day but by night i had headaches again, so
it was to the scanner Friday morning and again to surgery friday
afternoon. The infection had once again walled itself off in the tissue
by my jaw. It was pretty discouraging to find out it had come back but
what can ya do eh? Finally i made it until Monday the 1st with no
irregular pains and no clinical changes. so 15 pounds lighter and high
on vicodin they discharged me around 7PM on Monday and i've been home
since.

Though I'm home, thank God, I'm in the recovery process
for the next 8 weeks on a plethora of pills and 4 times a day I'm
hooking up to an at home IV antibiotic. Eating's still a bit of a task
because of the healing jaw muscles oh, and half my face and the right
side of my mouth and gums is still numb. I did shave my head, pictures
to come, i get my staples out tmro and friday the drains come out of my
mouth :)If i could ask for one thing, please continue to pray that this
infection stays at bay and that the feeling in my face and mouth comes
back, the docs couldn't promise anything on that. As far as donations
go, if you feel like you want to financially help out with my medical
bills I would be more than grateful and thankful. Andrew Welch has set
up a paypal account for me or you can send checks to the address at the
bottom of this blog. Thank you all so so much who have already given
and again to God for the continuous blessings in this situation. Please
know that I am blessed and well and so thankful for such loyal friends
fans and family taking such good care over me. hopefully i'll be back
out playin shows soon!

Love all you guys and again, thanks a thousand times for all the prayer.
-Micah

paypal: eterna829@gmail.com

Platform Artist Management
ATTN: Micah Sannan
256 Seaboard Lane
Suite C-103
Franklin, TN 37067

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Wow. That's quite a story.

Staybrite wrote:
It certainly does not requrie living naked in a dark cave, but I was just exagerating my tendency to go a little "overboard" on occasion when trying to pull away from my "percieved sins". One of those areas where God is certainly still working on me (as if any part of me is finished).
I understand perfectly. Sometimes the line between being in the world versus of the world is rather crooked.

MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
Building A Better Me by Dogwood

AWESOME CD! "More Than Conquerors" is great too, though much more "punk" in sound Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?   Is there anything interesting happening in the music world? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anything interesting happening in the music world?
Page 1 of 1