Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How cool is this?!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

How cool is this?!? Empty
PostSubject: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:57 pm

One thing I absolutely love about Demon Hunter is that they really know how to hype up an album. Last year, they made a scavenger hunt for the fans to find information and clips from the upcoming "Storm the Gates of Hell" album. THIS year, they are doing this thing called "The 50 days of Demon Hunter" in which everyday up until the release of the album they release something new from the album or album process that ranges from still photos of the video shoot, to new songs, a video blog, track listing, album art, etc. One of the releases was a contest in which the band released the tabs and solo to one of the new songs yet to be released. The fans were to play the song as they imagined it sounding as a response to a video Demon Hunter posted advertising the contest. The winner would receive a custom guitar autographed by the band.

For today's release, they're holding a contest for the fans in which they post a karaoke version of a new song called "This is the Line" (never before released) and let fans post a response to the video with them singing the words along with the music. The winner of the contest wins a bunch of stuff including a hoodie, 3 t-shirts, a canvas field bag, and the entire Demon Hunter catalog of albums.

Whether you like this band or not, you gotta admit no band builds hype for their album or gets their fans directly involved than Demon Hunter!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:14 pm

That is definately cool!
Sounds like the band is doing a great job of keeping their fan-base happy. That can only help them when it comes to filling clubs/theaters for touring.
How cool is this?!? 676823

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 am

A band will do so much better with happy fans.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm

We would be much happier if they would do more than 10 live shows a year lol
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Well silentthunder, write an e-mail to Demon Hunter and ask if that's possible.
I'm sure a lot of fans would be very happy with more shows of their favorite band.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 pm

In order to tour, the sales of CDs and MP3s is going to have to be there to show the band that they can sell tickets. Promos like this will help make a buzz.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 pm

The main reason they don't tour much is because Ryan (lead singer) and his Brother Don (former guitarist, just left the band) both run a business called "Invisible Creature" together full time that makes not only album art for bands, but also has other clients such as target, Nike, Dreamworks, MTV and lots of others. Don was in the band up until this year when he decided to leave the band to run the business full time. Invisible Creature has even gathered 4 grammy nominations for music packaging!!

Invisible Creature
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How cool is this?!?   How cool is this?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How cool is this?!?
Page 1 of 1