Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hovland update (remember them?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Hovland update (remember them?) Empty
PostSubject: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:32 pm

I really liked their Rise Up album and I still pull it out and enjoy it. Anyway, I contacted them to find out what's up with anything new (since its been years since that one). Here is Mark Hovland's response:

Quote :
Great to hear from you...We've spent the last 5 years adding a couple of new additions to the family, (that makes a total of 5 kids at this point)...So anyway, that, and pastoring full time here in Spokane pretty much took us out of the recording biz for a season...Funny you should contact us at this time...We just began work on what will be our first new full length cd in over 5 years...We will have 2 new releases both due out in about 6-7 months from now...One, a quieter Worship album, and one that will "Rock Your Socks Off"..I will try and find you a single of "Little bit of love" and send it off to you...Once again, great to hear from you...And Yes, This is the year we get back into the music scene...And We are definately pretty excited about that...Keep in touch, and We'll keep you posted...Talk with you soon...Mark Hovland

I will be getting both of these albums! On their website, they have a streaming song called A Little Bit of Love, which is a bit softer than the heavier stuff of Rise Up. Its a terrific song. These two are talented songwriters!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Very cool! I really love their first album, I am definately looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 am

Me too! Great stuff.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 am

I've lost their website address, could you post it please?

Thanks

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 am

I know I bought their CD, but I can remember nothing from it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:18 am

They were pretty good. I remember that opening line on one song "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Let's give glory to the King"

What a voice she's got.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Weren't most of the songs on the CD slower?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Yes, they were mainly slower ones.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

Hovland never was a band I really like.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Weren't most of the songs on the CD slower?

fundy wrote:
Yes, they were mainly slower ones.

I tend to think of them more like an AOR band rather than a "metal" band. So yes there are going to be some slower and ballad type tunes, but they are still very much in the "rock structure" of music (not CCM or pop). Which is why I like 'em.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm

From what I remember, which is very little, there were only a couple of songs that would be classified as metal or even hard rock. I know I bought this CD, but I am thinking I sold or traded it due to just not being that impressed.

Maybe their new stuff will be more memorable to me.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:34 pm

If anyone's interested, Mark got me their new song. I can email it to anyone who wants it. Its not metal at all. Kind of acoustic rockish.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
If anyone's interested, Mark got me their new song. I can email it to anyone who wants it. Its not metal at all. Kind of acoustic rockish.

That would be cool, I would love to hear it.
Do you know if it supposed to be one of the tracks for their worship album or the rock album?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 pm

I am listening to the "new song" now. Although it isn't exactly new, it was featured on the Liberty N Justice album "Independence Day" wich is an "acoustic rock" album (so that might explain the mostly acoustic sound). I did notice that the electric guitars do kick in for the last half of the song and give it a "power ballad" kind of sound. So it sounds like they might have changed it a bit for their new release. It is a very cool tune and one of my favorites from the LnJ "Independence Day" album. You've gotta love those vocal harmonies.

(thanks FOJ for forwarding me the track) Hovland update (remember them?) 676823

PostSubject: Re: Hovland update (remember them?)   Hovland update (remember them?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hovland update (remember them?)
Page 1 of 1