Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where is the traditional metal?

Go down 
+3
Dynamis
alldatndensum
dale434445
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Where is the traditional metal? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm

I wish more bands would put out straight ahead metal like Saint, Septer, Stairway, Sacred Warrior etc.
It seems like most metal bands today are either progressive or european metal (speed and continous bass drums)
I just ordered the Stairway, can't wait
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:12 am

Getting farther and fewer between each release, dude. But, I am sure you'll hear more from Saint, Stairway, F.O.G., Eden's Way, Mission Of One, Pastor Brad, Liberty 'n Justice, Stryper, etc. Traditional metal is still out there, but it isn't in as big of demand as it once was.

I like some of the progressive and European metal. But, when they get to doing the constant barrage of double bass, all the songs begin to sound the same without a really big hook in the song.

Sadly, there is not enough classic hard rock/metal to keep me musically satisfied. I identify more with the modern alternative scene than I do many of the heavier forms of metal. Eventually, I could see me just learning to live with the music I have as less bands do what I like.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Traditional metal is still out there, but it isn't in as big of demand as it once was.

Sadly, there is not enough classic hard rock/metal to keep me musically satisfied., I could see me just learning to live with the music I have as less bands do what I like.

Well, at least it will help me save some money
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

I might also mention some of Bill Menchen's projects such as The Seventh Power, Final Axe, Titanic and Menchen.

The Titanic and Final Axe re-issues with Robert Sweet on drums are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I have those, and I agree they are good
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 am

Audiovision is about to drop as well. That will be a bit of both bluesy hard rock and power metal mixed. Should be awesome.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Don't forget Letter 7 & Main Line Riders.

But I agree with you Dale, the straight ahead classic sounding metal/hard rock bands are getting hard to find, and even harder to keep around.

I listened to a lot of the recent power-metal bands for a few years, but I just can't seem to get into them anymore.

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Do they both have new albums coming out this year?
These are two of favorite newer bands.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Audiovision is about to drop as well. That will be a bit of both bluesy hard rock and power metal mixed. Should be awesome.

Ah, bluesy hard rock. Nothing is better than that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 pm

You got that right, brother!!!

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 pm

dale434445 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Ah, bluesy hard rock. Nothing is better than that.

Heard that!!! Where is the traditional metal? 158100
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:18 pm

dale434445 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Do they both have new albums coming out this year?
These are two of favorite newer bands.

I haven't heard anything official from either band, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that Letter 7 is working on new material (there last album was in 2008).

I'm not sure I would expect to see something from MLR this year as they just put out an album in 2009, and Cliffy has had some line-up issues. (but we can keep hoping).

Also there is Spittin Jonah, but it seems like they are only releasing an album every 5 years (and that would make them due this year, but again who knows).

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Sounds awesome the new Audiovision CD .
Quote :
a bit of both bluesy hard rock and power metal mixed.

That really sounds like I must hear this.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Sinbreed & InnerWish both have up-coming albums on Ulterium (Audiovision label-mates). A bit more power metal in approach, but both have great traditional metal sounds. If you haven't heard the self-titled album by Walk the Sky you're missing out. It's Rick Hunter-Martinez of Soldier & Regime fame, and the 1st 2 tracks "Castles in the Sand" and "Lay It On the Line" are old Regime tracks re-done. There are some "power blues" tracks on the album, but by & large it's commercial/classic hard rock/metal. Great stuff! Vocalist Rob Bonstin sounds like a half-way point between Jimi Bennett (King James) and what Michael Sweet sounds like nowadays. Really good vocally as well.

Venia from Finland also had an album out last year you might like, called "Victory By Surrender". It's sort of a power/thrash sound w/ a female lead vocalist & some cool violin bits (which she plays). Quality stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Ordered the Sinbreed CD.
To be honest I'm not a big fan of female fronted rock.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
.......If you haven't heard the self-titled album by Walk the Sky you're missing out. It's Rick Hunter-Martinez of Soldier & Regime fame, and the 1st 2 tracks "Castles in the Sand" and "Lay It On the Line" are old Regime tracks re-done. There are some "power blues" tracks on the album, but by & large it's commercial/classic hard rock/metal. Great stuff! Vocalist Rob Bonstin sounds like a half-way point between Jimi Bennett (King James) and what Michael Sweet sounds like nowadays. Really good vocally as well.

I forgot about that album, another good one indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Where is the traditional metal?   Where is the traditional metal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the traditional metal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: