Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hidden Tracks

Go down 
+2
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:44 pm

Okay these just drive me nuts.Hidden Tracks 6

I don't mind if an artist wants to put an untitled "additional" track (or tracks) at the end of their disc. But I just can't stand the "hidden" track. Where the last track on the album is 15 to 45 minutes long, and somewhere in there is an additional song or two.
Either make the song it's own track or just leave it off the album.
Sheesh!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:01 pm

FINALLY ! Someone who feels the same way I do about that ! I despise those hidden tracks... the last song ends, and you wait, and wait, and wait... 20 minutes of silence before you get to listen to their "bonus" song... why the heck do they do that ??
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 pm

I'm not a fan of it either except with the last two Lordchain discs. The bonus track on each is just plain silly--no serious song. After you hear it a time or two, you can just skip it. But, they were fun to find.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:16 pm

Me, too. I hate them. Not only are they a pain when playing (you can't just skip there), but they're a bigger pain when ripping for me because I edit it into the separate tracks.

Or bands that put in a gazillion of short, empty filler tracks. The most I've seen is 77.

I've heard there are hidden songs at the start of CDs, too, but only some players can read them. Only a few secular bands have done that from what I read.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:48 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Me, too. I hate them. Not only are they a pain when playing (you can't just skip there), but they're a bigger pain when ripping for me because I edit it into the separate tracks.

I should probably figure out how to do that, because sometimes I like the last song on the album, but not all that blank space and hidden track stuff at the end.
If I rip that song to my computer I am stuck with this twenty minute song that only has 4 minutes worth of material I want.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:31 pm

Quote :
I should probably figure out how to do that

I use Goldwave for that. Awesome program ! You can get a free version of it, but I liked it so much I dropped the 40 bucks to support them. The program does absolutely anything you want to do with sound files... you name it, you can do it.
Quote :

Or bands that put in a gazillion of short, empty filler tracks
What the heck's up with that ????? I despise that !!
I usually use Real player to rip the cds to my computer and when there's one of those hidden trax (or 100's of trax) at the end, Real One never can read the last song. I think its a copy protection thing. I have to use my sons iTunes to rip it instead. then I use Goldwave to cut the tracks how I want them.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:39 pm

I enjoyed listening when I found the hidden tracks on Galactic Cowboys "Space in your face" album. The first hidden is, I think, track 20 and then you gotta rewind ca. 5:30 bachwards to listen to a very cool song. The other one is, I think, track 32 or so. Also a very nice sing.

Even on Marc Piras & friends "Home" there is a hidden track but right 1 minute after the last song. Just didn't wanted to list it because it's a cover.... :-) Some people like it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
topshot rhit

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I should probably figure out how to do that
I use Exact Audio Copy (freeware) to rip since it's the best there is IMHO (and many audiophiles around the world). It has some basic wav editing so I just use that. I normally rip to lossless compressed format so in this case I must rip that track only to wav, edit it, then compress it.

You could read up on how to use EAC and LAME (best mp3 encoder) at Hydrogen Audio's Wiki

Staybrite

Staybrite

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks for the editing advice guys.
Hidden Tracks 7

--

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:36 am

I don't think there are hidden tracks on the CDs I have.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 10:56 am

Well, if you knew they were there they wouldn't be hidden anymore, would they? clown

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 pm

LOL Topshot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hidden Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Tracks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: