Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Dynamis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/25/2010, 10:23 pm

Hello,

I just updated Angelic Warlord to include an interview with Christian Liljegren of Audiovision. Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/interviews/audiovision10.html

I also conducted a recent interview with Babylon Mystery Orchestra as well: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/interviews/babylonmysteryorchestra10.html

No new reviews this week but next week am hoping to add reviews of albums by Wiszdom Stone ("Rise") and XINR ("Beyond Woodward"). Wiszdom Stone is a "band of Christians" that plays power metal similar to Jacobs Dream and Faith Factor. Some progressive moments as well. Lyrics are fantastic.

Future updates should includes reviews of new albums from Stairway, Legacy and The Rex Carroll Band. Retroactive Records recently re-issued the second King James CD, "The Fall". So lot of work ahead. No rest for the weary, huh?

Hopefully next week I will be able to add the promised Soldier interview/article as well.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/25/2010, 10:37 pm

I'll read the interview probably in a day or two. Should be interesting.

You mentioned the reissue of the 2nd King James disc. Do you know if they redid the drums? I remember when that project came out that Rex said that the label kept pushing them for a deadline and they were not able to do the drums as they wanted. I just wondered if the re-release would have the drums retracked. I hope so. If they've done that and then added some backing vocals, this could be a stellar release instead of just an okay one. There are some great songs on this, but they are not as good as they could be.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/25/2010, 11:01 pm

Good question about the drums but I do not have specific information at this point. My first thought is that the project has been re-mastered. I am expecting a promo package from Retroactive later this week so hopefully I will have more information then. But I do recall reading an interview with Rex making mention that "The Fall" was rushed at the last minute.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/25/2010, 11:52 pm

Very cool, I will need to check out the interviews

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 7:33 am

Quote :
Good question about the drums but I do not have specific information at
this point. My first thought is that the project has been re-mastered.

I'm gonna hold off on ordering this one. If they have "finished" this project, it would be worth rebuying. But, if they just remastered what they have, then I think I can live with what I've got.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 10:44 am

I just don't get why there isn't more interest in Wiszdom Stone. I have the EP and the full-length project, and they are both very good projects. I posted about them on CMR and got no response from anyone. I think people will really be surprised when they hear how good this band really is.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 11:06 am

Quote :
I just don't get why there isn't more interest in Wiszdom Stone. I have
the EP and the full-length project, and they are both very good
projects. I posted about them on CMR and got no response from anyone. I
think people will really be surprised when they hear how good this band
really is.

It was your post at CMR that directed me to Wiszdom Stone- thanks. But I agree that they are a great band.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 11:13 am

Nazpastor let me find the tread about Wiszdom Stone.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 12:04 pm

Yvonne, I don't think I posted here about them as they aren't a "Chrisitian band", but a band of Christians that make music. The lyrics are not specifically Christian. Here is a link to their website though, with music clips so you can hear what they sound like.

http://www.wiszdomstone.com/audio.cfm
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 5:21 pm

Wiszdom Stone sounds amazing. I wonder if I can find their lyrics online anywhere.....

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 10:12 pm

nazpastor wrote:
Yvonne, I don't think I posted here about them as they aren't a "Chrisitian band", but a band of Christians that make music. The lyrics are not specifically Christian. Here is a link to their website though, with music clips so you can hear what they sound like.
www.wiszdomstone.com/audio.cfm

The band sounds great, and for not being a "Christian" band their song titles sure seem to be right out of the "Christian metal song book"

"Rise", "Unforgiven", "Take this Cup", "Without Faith", "Eyes Open"

Last edited by Staybrite on 4/27/2010, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed url/quote problem)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/27/2010, 10:01 am

Listened to Wiszdom Stone.
I like those songs.
Staybrite what do you think about "U Should Not Fear"?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/27/2010, 2:16 pm

good interview....

Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/27/2010, 4:43 pm

Very long (and good interview) with Christian, but I gotta wonder if he wants to continue making neoclassical power metal (as seems to be the case with is collaberation with Tommy Johansson of Reinxeed) why didn't he just continue to make music with Narnia?

rockerVu2 wrote:
Listened to Wiszdom Stone.
I like those songs.
Staybrite what do you think about "U Should Not Fear"?

Very cool tune, I did notice from the clip I heard that is sounds like he uses the word "suicide" in the song, not sure what the context is though.
Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord Icon_scratch

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/27/2010, 9:55 pm

Quote :
Very long (and good interview) with Christian, but I gotta wonder if he
wants to continue making neoclassical power metal (as seems to be the
case with is collaberation with Tommy Johansson of Reinxeed) why didn't
he just continue to make music with Narnia?

Well, my take is that Narnia strayed from the neo-classical metal of its earlier releases such as "Awakening". I might describe "Enter The Gate" as more melodic metal and "The Great Fall" power metal with some progressive influences.

Quote :
good interview....

Thanks- I am glad everyone enjoyed the interview. Stay tuned- because this weekend I plan to have online a cool interview with the eighties Bay Area metal band Soldier.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/28/2010, 10:02 am

It takes time for me to read the complete interview, so I read each time a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/28/2010, 4:30 pm

Dynamis wrote:

Thanks- I am glad everyone enjoyed the interview. Stay tuned- because this weekend I plan to have online a cool interview with the eighties Bay Area metal band Soldier.

Very cool, looking forward to that.

rockerVu2 wrote:
It takes time for me to read the complete interview, so I read each time a bit more.

Maybe we can talk Andy into doing his next interview in Dutch. I bet that would be much easier for you to read. The only problem would be you would have to spend to the time to translate it into English so the rest of us could understand it.
Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord Icon_smile

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime4/28/2010, 9:02 pm

Quote :
Maybe we can talk Andy into doing his next
interview in Dutch. I bet that would be much easier for you to read.
The only problem would be you would have to spend to the time to
translate it into English so the rest of us could understand it.

Are there any Dutch Christian metal bands out there? Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord   Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Liljegren interview at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1