Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lead Singers' solo projects

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Lead Singers' solo projects Empty
PostSubject: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:52 am

I've noticed that several bands' lead singers have released solo albums, with mixed results.

Halo's Scott Springer released Hello Forever right after the breakup of the band. It was an awesome album that I listen to more than Halo.

Whitecross' Scott Wetzel released two records. The first, Heart Like Thunder, was okay. The second, Film at Eleven, did nothing for me.

Bride's Dale Thompson has released several solo albums, none of which I liked.

Holy Soldier's Steven Patrick released Red Reign, which was an amazing record.

Guardian's Jamie Rowe released The Beautiful EP, but never a full length album. The songs on the EP were pretty good, though.

Others?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:02 am

Amy Wolter of Fighter did one solo project after they broke up. It still feels like Fighter, albeit a little lighter, as Amy had their guitarist on several songs. Jim Wolter, Amy's husband who played for Fighter, is also on this project. It was a pretty good CD that I still enjoy.

John Schlitt has done a few solo projects away from Petra. Two of them were really good rock projects. His newest is more akin to Sandi Patti than Petra. Yuck!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:13 am

Michael Sweet of Stryper has released a several solo albums.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:15 am

Scott Stapp from Creed released a solo album called "The Great Divide" which was ok, but not really anything groundbreaking. However, the spiritual content in the lyrics were MUCH more apparent.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:15 am

Actually Jaime did release a full length called "Songs from Heaven and Earth" that was good.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:05 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Michael Sweet of Stryper has released a several solo albums.

How could I have forgotten Michael Sweet?!?! Lead Singers' solo projects Affraid

Also, Ken Tamplin after Shout had a short solo career. Lead Singers' solo projects Icon_razz

And since Petra came up, Greg Volz did some solo records too. I only have The River Is Rising, which is a terrific album.

Lastly, and this may be a technicality, but John Elephante was one of the main singers of Mastedon, and he went on to release several solo albums. They were okay, but too soft for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Uh, I think Rob Rock (Impellitteri) has done pretty good in the solo album department.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Quote :
And since Petra came up, Greg Volz did some solo
records too. I only have The River Is Rising, which is a terrific album.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Solo efforts are kind of hit and miss for me.

I actually like Rob Rock's solo stuff better than most/all of his other band efforts.

I have/had both of the Scott Wenzel discs but wasn't really impressed with either.

I think I liked Amy Wolter's solo album just as well as either of the Fighter discs.

I only own one of Michael Sweet's solo albums (the self-titled), and actually really like it. I listened to one of his other albums before and didn't like it nearly as well.

I had two of John E. solo discs for a while and could not get into them at all.

I thought both of John Schitt's solo efforts were horrible.

I really liked both Shout albums, but the only Ken Tamplin disc I seem to care for was the debut.

Never heard any of Jamie R. solo stuff.

I have that Scott Stapp album but never listen to it anymore, it's on my trade list.

I never heard Scott Springers solo stuff, I might need to track that one down.

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:36 am

I agree with you about Rob Rock. His solo albums are my favorite RR performances.

And if you get Scott Springer's solo album, be aware it is not Halo. It is more AOR/ballady in style. What grabs me about it is the lyrics. Springer is now a senior pastor at a church in Alabama, and you could hear the pastor's heart coming out in the lyrics even back in '93. I love this record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singers' solo projects   Lead Singers' solo projects I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead Singers' solo projects
Page 1 of 1