Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jonah33 - The Heart Of War

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Jonah33 - The Heart Of War Empty
PostSubject: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:57 am

I've had a little over a week to be listening to the new Jonah33 disc. Needless to say, I think it is their best work to date musically. They definitely went in a heavier direction this time around. While not a "metal" album by any means, it almost has that feel with more riff driven songs and a lot of tasty guitar solos.

The whole CD has a war theme. No, they are not protesting our military action in Iraq. They are reminding us that we are in a spiritual battle. The first two songs are written about war, but could be meaning physical as well. But, the third song really pushes that theme to their intended goal with the chorus on "Scream":

Scream at the top of your lungs
If you're ready to die tonight
To die tonight
For what you believe!

You will have to dig a little with the new project to get the meaning out of the songs. Remember, Jonah33 is now signed to a secular label and are trying to cross over into the general market while keeping a Christ-centered message. So, like so many other bands doing this, the message is masked a bit. But, with this CD being about war, if you were to make it an "in your face" type of project with a battle between Jesus and the Devil, I doubt anyone outside the church would buy it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:45 am

I am SO dissapointed it's so tough for me to order this CD.
Ordered at Amazon ans got an e-mail the CD will be available at the end of September or in October.
I would love to hear this Jonah 33 CD
But I need patient and wait patiently till the end of September.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 11:10 am

Quote :
Needless to say, I think it is their best work to date musically. They definitely went in a heavier direction this time around. While not a "metal" album by any means, it almost has that feel with more riff driven songs and a lot of tasty guitar solos.

That is good to hear. I really like their first cd, but was dissapointed by number two. I will have to check this one out.

It is great to hear that they are heavier, even though I liked most of the stuff on the first cd, even the very mellow hidden track "Who Am I".

I will check this out and let you know.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:51 pm

The self titled Jonah 33 was the best.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:49 pm

Hold that judgement, Yvonne, until you hear the new one. I suspect that this might become a fan favorite for the band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Quote :
until you hear the new one
I really would love to hear "The Heart Of War"
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 am

I hope they don't "cross over" like POD did.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonah33 - The Heart Of War   Jonah33 - The Heart Of War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonah33 - The Heart Of War
Page 1 of 1