Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The interview with Kelly Matthews.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The interview with Kelly Matthews. Empty
PostSubject: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 am

My biggest question would be, what are they working on now and - what can we expect for future releases ? Anything soon ? I've got 4 really solid albums, am I missing any, or have they only released 4 so far ?
And I exhort them to keep rockin for the Rock. Their tunes are excellent !

Our latest CD came out in August. We're now recording a praise and worship album to be released next year. This is not a typical praise and worship CD, you'll definitely know it's Lordchain.
We have 6 CDs available:
Lordchain (released 1997)
Cracked (2002)
Soulever (2004)
Looking Past the Moment (2006)
Finding Balance (2007)
What Is, What Was (2010)

How about asking whats going on with 'Unchained'
haven't heard anything from that project for awhile.

Adam Rhodes was the main guy in Unchained. He recorded an album with Jeff and myself in 2000 called Never End, then a year or so later he put out a CD titled Ungrateful, where he played all the instruments and did all the singing. We had planned a 3rd album, but in 2004 Adam joined Lordchain, so all the best songs were brought over with him. He left Lordchain earlier this year. He is married with a beautiful 2 year old little girl and as of now, I don't think he has any plans to jump back into the music scene. He has a nice job working for a newspaper. However, he has recorded a percussion track for a song on the new Lordchain praise and worship CD. It's great to have him on the new record.

I want to know what kind of gear they all use.
What does the process look like for them when they start writing for a new project?
What are their current tour plans...if any?

Our guitar players (Jeff & Matt) play PRS guitars (usually, but they have others). They both run through Splawn Amplifiers. Splawn amps are hand built and theyare a Christian company. Lily plays an Ernie Ball Music Man bass. Her rig is an Ampeg preamp with a Crown poweramp through a 4x10 Mark cabinet and an Ampeg 8x10 cabinet. She also plays a Fender bass for praise and worship. My drums are 1989 Pearl Exports with DW hardware. I have all kinds, but Sabian is my preferred choice of cymbal.
We don't have a set method of writing. One of us will come in with an idea or we might feel inspired to work on something during practice. One thing is for sure, you can't force song writing. It just has to happen.
We are booking shows right now. I don't know if we'll actually 'tour', but we are lining up concerts. We love playing live.

Now two members of Lordchain play in Step Cousin I wonder can you rule it?
Playing in two bands. There are rehersals, shows and so.
How does that go?

Step Cousin is strictly a side project. We don't rehearse or play live concerts. Jeff and I put out Step Cousin CDs for fans of heavier/more technical music. The next SC album will be recorded next year. The title of the album is: 'The Chastisement of Our Peace'. Musically, it will be intense and brutal. Lyrically, it will glorify and praise God. Will Step Cousin ever add members and play live gigs? Mine and Jeff's passion is Lordchain, but never say never.

Closing Thought

I want to thank everyone for the great questions and for your support. I can't tell you what it means to us. The reason we do what we do is to lift up Jesus. I hope you are blessed by this ministry. Thank you again. I am truely honored.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 am

Great interview! Keep on doing these, Yvonne! This is the one thing that we do differently here than any other music forum I've gone to: we get to ask the questions during the interviews. We learn what we want to know about an artist.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 am

An other interview is planned.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Very nice interview, thanks!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

When you have suggestions I would like to read them.
Let me see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Nice!!!! I love the part about Step Cousin but never say never. I had Kelly talk into doing a few Step Cousin song at c-stone this year.. But they could not make it c-stone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:25 pm

thanks

too bad to hear that Unchained is no more, I liked the 2 cds they released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Kelly Matthews.   The interview with Kelly Matthews. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The interview with Kelly Matthews.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: