Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skillet vs Disciple

Go down 
+6
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
Fundy
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Skillet vs Disciple
Skillet
Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_lcap14%Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Disciple
Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_lcap64%Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
I don''t care for either
Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_lcap14%Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
I can''t pick....I''m too indecisive
Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_lcap7%Skillet vs Disciple I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Skillet vs Disciple Empty
PostSubject: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Okay, I thought this might be a fun series of threads to start (and it won't be nearly as hard as picking your favorite song from each album). You pick your favorite band from the two and hopefully explain why. I will try to pick two (or maybe three) bands each week from different styles.

I figured this week we would start with two of modern rock's top bands.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Ok, I went with Skillet...even though I am really only a fan of their last two albums (with Comatose being my favorite). I actually like the first two Disciple albums (but not as much as the last two Skillet discs). There is something about Disciples "harsher" vocals that keeps me from being able to get into them.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:37 pm

I've evened up the scores. Skillet is good, but Disciple is great. And I'm more a fan of the old Skillet than the new (which is strange as they were more poppy then!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

disciplefan2007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm sorry, but I gotta go with Disciple. I've seen both groups live and it seems to me that Skillet's show is more of a stage show than Disciple. When I watch disciple live, I don't get that same feeling. I get a feeling that these guys are just up there to worship and have fun. And not only that, but they are one of the few bands that have no problem dropping the name of Jesus in their songs. And as far as the harshness in the vocals, that's something I actually enjoy (but I love hardcore anyway). Finally, I just like Kevin's voice better altogether. Usually when a singer goes his entire career screaming and such, it starts to kind of fade or get raspy (which is what I believe has happened with John Cooper). I used to love his voice, but all the screaming has really taken its toll on his voice. But for some reason, it doesn't seem like the screaming has really affected Kevin. I'm betting he has probably just taken better care of his voice all these years.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:58 pm

I expect Disciple to win this poll Wink

And I would definately agree that Kevin is a better over-all vocalist than John.
There is just something about Kevin's harsh vocals that really keep me from enjoying those songs. But its good that we all have different tastes.....variety is the spice of life.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 pm

I've got to go with Disciple. Even though I don't like harsher vocals, a friend of mine gave me two of Disciple's early CDs at a time when I really needed them. I have liked everything they have done and loved most of it. With Skillet, though, it has taken me a lot of years to even halfway like their debut. Until "Alien Youth" came out, I didn't really like anything Skillet had done. But, when "Collide" hit, I became a fan. I now have their full collection. But, like them as I do, I still have to say that I enjoy Disciple more.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:57 pm

I go for Disciple.
There are more CDs of Disciple I really like.
The Disciple songs with the more "cookie monster" vocals are not really my favorites.
Have seen Disciple twice live and was impressed of the show of those guys.
Some songs really touched my heart.
They really have a heart to show the youth about Jesus.

"Awake" was the begin of my interest in Skillet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

As far as what they've been doing the past decade, it's Skillet, hands down. I really don't care for the emo side of Disciple, but their first four albums compels me to vote for them anyways.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 am

I'm indecisive since I dig both bands pretty equally. I get what silentthunder89 says as I seen Skillet in concert and it was all about the entertainment, which is fine, but after the concert the youth pastor and John Cooper sat on stage for an interview and the YP was serious with questions about faith and salvation... John seemed like he was just enduring it, and his answers were less than mature. I was a little taken back by his overall attitude.
Who knows, he may have just been having a bad day, Idk.
Bandwise though, I feel they both have much to offer and neither are in my top 10, but neither are disliked either...
So I'm a fenceRider ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Bandwise though, I feel they both have much to offer and neither are in my top 10, but neither are disliked either...

While I like some of both band's catalogs I wouldn't put either band in my top ten either.

Tall Tyrion wrote:
As far as what they've been doing the past decade, it's Skillet, hands down. I really don't care for the emo side of Disciple, but their first four albums compels me to vote for them anyways.

I feel much the same way and might have gone with Disciple but they completely lost me after their second album.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 am

"What Were They Thinking"

Mad
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:06 am

By God, they were strong when they came back again though.

Razz

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

But in this thread My band Can Whip Your band, and it Might Sting A Little cuz one of the bands is Invincible.... and when my band is through with your band, some Scars will Remain !

Twisted Evil

(we on a roll !)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 am

When all that happens, these bands will Collide leaving someone Comatose but Alive. lol!

Hey, I had to get in on all the cheese factor, too!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 am

Yeeeeeeee-ahhhhhhhh Alldat !!!!! Go alldat, go alldat, go alldat lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 am

(see whatchoo started Staybrite)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Maybe the Scars Remain are a Monster.

Hey gusy I love it to see when you are on the roll here.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm

If you are attacked by Alien Youth, just whisper, "Hey, You! I Love Your Soul" and that will make you Invinsible!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
(see whatchoo started Staybrite)

Wow this thread went down-hill in a hurry. lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Better start a new Band vs Band poll quick !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Well I was only gonna do it once a week so as not to overwhelm the board with "vs" threads.
I'll go ahead and let this one deteriorate for another day or two and then I will start another.
Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Golly ! This has "deteriorated" into 2 pages !

affraid
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Deteriorated? I think it has blossomed nicely! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Deteriorated? I think it has blossomed nicely! Twisted Evil

Your Emoticon says otherwise! Razz
Back to top Go down
disciplefan2007

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2024 8:15 am

Disciple is better and I don't ever want to hear any of you saying that Disciple has "harsher vocals" ever again. I mean really listen to Skillet and tell me Kevin Young from Disciple has "harsher vocals" than John Cooper has! There is really no concept of soft when it comes to John Coopers voice. So hands down Disciple wins every time!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skillet vs Disciple   Skillet vs Disciple I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skillet vs Disciple
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next