Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forevertree.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

Some bands are not known for having a prolific output, so you may not have heard of Forevertree. They are from Ontario, Canada, and released ‘Turning’ (1998) and after a decade they finally completed ‘Alien’ (2009).

The current line-up is Dwayne Jackson (vocals), Geoff Breen (bass), Sean McGowan (guitar) and Ron Mellegers (drums).

Their style is grunge rock and they could be compared to Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge and Godsmack. It combines heavy, dirgelike riffing and the bleak strains of post-punk.

‘Alien’ has heavy riffing and alternating vocals in the chorus “Some look within, some seek without / Some pray in silence while others shout / The more we look the more we see / We will see God's face if we bend our knee” before pulling off an incredible guitar solo.

Most of the lyrics are centred on finding God in one way or another. In ’Higher’ they state “Get up, stand up the price has been paid / There is no other way / Jesus Christ he is the way / There’s only one thing left to say”. It is also notable for its more melodic hard rock sound.

Generally there are deep, dark, sludgy riffs and brooding bass throughout. But don’t just take my word for it, you can download it on a "whatever you can afford--whatever you desire to give basis”.

Here you can find the songs and you can read the lyrics.

Forevertree
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I still need to get their second album. The tracks I heard seemed significantly stronger than their debut.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

The second album was awesome! When is their 3rd coming out?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:58 pm

They have a new track up at both CDBaby and Emusic.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/forevertree1

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:10 am

I need to pick up the second release. I really like the first one. I know that at one time Radrockers had the first release for $1.00.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:03 pm

dale434445 wrote:
I need to pick up the second release. I really like the first one. I know that at one time Radrockers had the first release for $1.00.

I think that is were I got it. I remember I got the Torn-Tree album and Forevertree's debut at the same time, and I only paid like $2 to $4 for each.

Forevertree.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forevertree.    Forevertree.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forevertree.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: