Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scarlet & St. Warren

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Dynamis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Scarlet & St. Warren Empty
PostSubject: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 pm

I believe there was a thread last month about these two groups. Went ahead and purchased Scarlet and was not certain what to expect but ended up very pleasantly surprised. Following is the Angelic Warlord review: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/s/scarlet10.html

This leads us to St. Warren. Those of you who have heard St. Warren how would you describe the group? Are there lyrics in a similar vein as those of Scarlet? Which of the two St. Warren releases do you recommend?

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 am

Lyrically speaking, Scarlet is the better of the two. However, on the musical/production side, St. Warren is the better. Either of the St. Warren discs are worthy of purchase. While the faith of some of the members is still seen on the St. Warren discs, you won't be able to clock the JPMs on this release. They also have clean songs pertaining to relationships and other topics as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 am

Hey that's very cool Dynamis to read a review from scarlet and St. Warren.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 pm

I bought the Scarlet last week, I may have to buy the St. Warren discs now.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 am

I have one of the St. Warren CDs.
I'm having doubts if I will order both released St. Warren CDs.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm

With nothing better to do on Memorial Day, I decided to stop by a nearby second hand shop. Of course, the first thing I always do is check out the used music section and was pleasantly surprised to see that someone had unloaded a collection of old hair metal CD's (I am sure you know where this is leading...).

Needless to say, I came across a CD by a group called St. Warren. St. Warren? That name rings a bell from somewhere... And then all of a sudden it came to me- this is the group from Florida that includes former Scarlet members Jeff McDonald (bass) and Jimmy Moore (drums).

I opened the insert and sure enough it is the same group! The CD is entitled "Honest Planet" and it is the ORIGINAL version from 1992 and not that re-issued on FNA Records several years ago.

In the liner notes they thank "GOD first" and have even re-recorded an old Scarlet tune ("Stop Runnin'").

It would be interesting to find out what it is worth. Also, perhaps it is time to write a review...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

You struck lucky Dynamis. Our local stores never have anything of worth, at least not the last time I checked.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:56 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
You struck lucky Dynamis. Our local stores never have anything of worth, at least not the last time I checked.

You are lucky to even have any stores. We used to have several shops that sold used. Now the only place we have to buy music is Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Family bookstore. None of these carry anything but the flavor of the month. It is amazing how much the cd sections have gotten smaller in these places.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm

It's not really all that amazing that the music sections are shrinking. There is a huge push to get everyone to convert to digital whether it be for movies, music, or even books. Those sections will get even smaller in the next couple of years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It's not really all that amazing that the music sections are shrinking. There is a huge push to get everyone to convert to digital whether it be for movies, music, or even books. Those sections will get even smaller in the next couple of years.

That is true, but I don't have to like it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:35 pm

There are a few pawn shops with nothing of any worth here, and the local Christian bookstore has exactly one Stryper album (and little much better).

For me, digital isn't perfect. I like the feel of physical copies.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:53 pm

danielbandfan wrote:

For me, digital isn't perfect. I like the feel of physical copies.

+1
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:01 pm

I sometimes have good luck at a store called Half-Price Books. They usually have a lot of $2 cd's and every once in awhile you can find gems in there. Case in point, my very hard to find Ruscha cd that I got out of there. If you have one of those stores in your area, hit em up and see what you find. I remember many moons ago I was in a cd warehouse, it's a used CD store, and actually got both Barren Cross albums Atomic Arena and State of Control.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Here in the Phoenix area, we have Zia's Record Exchange, which has a good selection of new and used music (this is where I picked up Stryper's "The Covering"). Bookman's also has used CD's and vinyl.

But I agree that it is unfortunate that most retail outlets our doing away with physical CD's and the like. Because when you buy a new album it is not just about the music but the packaging as well- and the lyrics, liner notes and artwork that go along with it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:35 am

What a nice surprise was that for you Dynamis to find an original St. Warren CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet & St. Warren   Scarlet & St. Warren I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlet & St. Warren
Page 1 of 1