For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The fern & the bamboo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18184
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: The fern & the bamboo   Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:41 am

One day I decided to quit.... I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life. I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me..."Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the
earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.

In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo He said. "In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.

In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. He said. "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant.

But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."

He said to me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots. I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you. Don't compare yourself to others."

He said. "The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern, yet, they both make the forest beautiful." "Your time will come," God said to me. " You will rise high!"

"How high should I rise?" I asked. "How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return. "As high as it can?" I questioned. "Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can." I left the forest and brought back this story. I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you........

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The fern & the bamboo   Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Very good illustration.
Now how do you get skinny like a bamboo?

--

Number of posts : 3746
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The fern & the bamboo   Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:21 am

lol @ staybrite

Good story, alldat.

I'm leading our prayer session at work on Wednesday and have been just back tracking through all these posts on this forum to see if there is anything I could use. This one looks good!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fern & the bamboo   

Back to top Go down

The fern & the bamboo