For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayers for tonight's gig!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18236
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Tonight, I'll be playing at the Wilson Co. Fair at 6 PM. As many of you know, our friend Drums is playing too. (Hey, Tim! We should probably call the band Mission Of One & The Burns!) We'll be mostly doing praise & worship tunes, but we'll also be doing two songs from the upcoming CD and one from my first one.

We've only done two other shows together, and I'm starting to get nervous. I'm going to start packing gear here in a few minutes as time begins to slip away from me already.

Please pray that we will not go out to the fairground to do a show. I would much rather just get up there and sing to the Lord who loves us. May our talents please Him, and may we humble ourselves to Him right there in the midst of those thousands of people. (Yes, Wilson Co.'s fair is THAT big!) I just want to please our Audience of One.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:05 pm

May it be so.

alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:18 pm

I've got all my gear loaded. As soon as I put on some different shoes, grab the shirt I want to wear while on stage, my cap to keep the sun out of my eyes, and the camera, I'm heading out. It's almost 4:30, and it will take a while to get set up.

Keep those prayers coming!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18269
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Keep those prayers coming!!!

You got it bro, may the Lord be with the entire band, and use you to His will.

cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:40 pm

We survived!!!

Our first of two sets was a near trainwreck! Even though my amp was crankin', I could not hear myself playing. So, I got lost several times, and I know it was affecting everyone else. I guess we had about 30 people for the first set. The fair attendance is way down this year due to the unending heat wave. It was just a cool 108 degrees outside when we started setting up gear! So, there weren't many people there tonight. Which, as bad as our first set was, is a relief!

The second set went much better. By that time, I think we all knew we couldn't do much worse. Also, to correct not being able to hear myself, I did something VERY techical. I set my amp up in a chair to get it closer to ear level! The amp was miked, so I know the crowd could hear me. But, that made all the difference in the world. The 2nd set was much smoother, and I actually relaxed and enjoyed myself--despite the heat.

It's funny, though. As much as I like to play and sing, God likes to remind me that I make a better preacher. The only times I really felt 100% "on" tonight was when I started talking about the Lord. I busted out on a couple of "mini sermons" that weren't planned. But, it was at those moments that I knew that I was doing what God made me to do.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3760
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:21 am

Preach it, brother!

Glad it went well (or mostly well!)

I would have prayed for you, but I've only just seen this post. But it's good to know that if we forget (or don't see) to pray, God is still there with us every step of the way.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 am

the gig went pretty good exept for a couple rough spots.
I had a blast
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:25 pm

It seems like there are always some rough spots in any performance (especially if it is outside).

Still great to hear that the second set went better, and hopefully you were able to impress the need for God on those lost sheep.

--

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:40 pm

I think we mostly had people there who were Christians. Most of the people knew the words to the P&W songs we were doing. But, sometimes you've gotta encourage the brethren, too.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
But, sometimes you've gotta encourage the brethren, too.

Definately, audience participation is fantastic.
I always get a kick out of having the crowd join in on the songs. There is the added benefit that they will usually drown out my poor guitar skills.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for tonight's gig!!!   

Back to top Go down

Prayers for tonight's gig!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1