Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Hawk Nelson fans here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Any Hawk Nelson fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm

I received a free copy of their newest CD "Crazy Love" in the box from Interlinc--the company that I use for my Wed. night messages/lessons. I get 10 CDs and enough material to cover 3 months in one shipment. Anyway, I listened to the CD instead of using it as a giveaway (I have either option with this curriculum). I found that I actually like this CD. What's funny is that I tried their first album or two and didn't care for them then.

But, since getting this CD, I got to looking at some of their others and found out how many I had heard on WAY-FM over the years. Turns out that I liked and knew a lot more of their songs than I thought. So, I managed to get "Smile, It's the End Of the World" from Musicboomerang.com. Then, I've ordered "Live Life Loud" and "Is My Friend" used from Amazon to keep my costs WAY down. So, it looks like I have become a fan just from the free CD I got.

Free is always the best, right?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:55 pm

I like the song "Everything You Ever Wanted" and saw them w/Skillet awhile back. Never been much of fan, but they were good in concert
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:00 am

I never enjoyed them. Just not my thing. No catchy hooks or anything. I bought some discography and haven't even listened to most of it yet.

I must say that the song "Alive" is somewhat catchy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:11 am

Quote :
I never enjoyed them. Just not my thing. No catchy hooks or anything.

That's what I thought until I started listening after hearing their song "Crazy Love". The "hook" you speak of is the chorus of the song that grabs you. You may be thinking of it more as a riff, and I'd give you that the riffs don't grab you due to the pop/punk style.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:57 pm

I meant the riff. The catchiest riff I know is from "King Of The Light"
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:40 am

Need to check out Hawk Nelson to see if I like him.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:33 am

Listened to some samples of "Crazy Love" and I like this CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Saw them twice live and I'm just not a fan of the style at all. The girls went nuts over them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Hawk Nelson fans here?   Any Hawk Nelson fans here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Hawk Nelson fans here?
Page 1 of 1