Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!

Go down 
+14
Staybrite
MikeInFla
steelguitar01
Oldiesmann
mr.electric40
nazpastor
Guilty/Forgiven
topshot rhit
Driven
dale434445
alldatndensum
Black Rider
silentthunder89
Timshell64
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:51 am

Yes sadly F.O.G. has retired. I think I might describe their sound as more "Proto-Doom" or even "Biker Rock" but it definately has the blues-based heavy vibe to it (great band by the way, one of my favorite indie bands along with Unforsaken and Mission of One).

Another band that sounds very much like F.O.G. is Medisin Wheel. They have an album out called "Fire on the Moon" and I understand they are working on their next album.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:43 am

I've never heard of Medisin Wheel. Will have to track them down and see if I can find some samples on line.

I'm a big classic rock/southern rock fan anyway so anything up that alley is probably good to me.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:01 am

Christian Classic Rock/Southern Rock band all the way: Big Fat Jam.
Especially their 1st release. Their 2nd rings more of Jimmy Hendrix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:48 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Christian Classic Rock/Southern Rock band all the way: Big Fat Jam.
Especially their 1st release. Their 2nd rings more of Jimmy Hendrix.

That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks for bumping this topic. There's a new band on the scene that we should keep an eye on - Rhett Walker Band.

Their debut single, "When Mercy Found Me" (which is more country than southern rock), is tearing up the charts on Christian radio right now.

Here's a preview from their YouTube channel:

Sounds very promising.

Also, he did a nice cover of Skynyrd's "Simple Man" (though it's hard to top Shinedown's version of that song - shame the rest of their music isn't that good):

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Nice !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
Thanks for bumping this topic. There's a new band on the scene that we should keep an eye on - Rhett Walker Band.

Wow, I missed this earlier but I gotta say I really like that. Thanks for sharing OM.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Rhett sounds like he's been taking lessons from Mac Powell.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 am

I have the downloads of the Rhett Walker Band. Being a local artist from Lebanon, TN (about 12 miles from me), I work with a lady that goes to church with Rhett. The album really reminds me of what Third Day would sound like if the singer from Needtobreathe took over. There are some rockin' song on here with a modern alternative vibe while maintaining the country roots. I could see Rhett being big in several markets...not just CCM.

Personally, I wish I could write this way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Personally, I wish I could write this way.

That would be cool, I could see myself having a good time playing in a band like this.
I downloaded the album a few months ago and still enjoy the heck out of it. Just hoping he doesn't water down the more rocking elements.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am

Just finished listening to Floodgate's album "Hero"-
Definitely falls into the "Hard Southern Christian Rock" category.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Quote :
Also, Rex Carroll's solo album "That Was Then, This Is Now" reminds me of Stevie Ray or ZZ Top.

I got a blackfoot vibe off this album...Blackfoot was always the heaviest guitar wise southern band..
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 am

Another band to check out that I forgot to mention earlier. This is the group that got me to like rock music (I grew up listening to oldies music but never really liked Christian rock until I found this group). They released three albums in the mid to late 90s and broke up around 12 years ago. This is from their 1995 album Jefferson Street and was co-written with Jars of Clay while the bands were touring together. Jars of Clay makes a guest appearance on this song as well.

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I definately like three crosses I have every cd they put out. I wish i knew what happened to them . They were an awesome band!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
markus1987

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:19 am

Check out Finnish artist / evangelist  Pontus J Back's music. He has released two solo albums "Ride to Freedom" and "Thankful" which are really good albums in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 am

Timshell64 wrote:
I definately like three crosses  I have every cd they put out.  I wish i knew what happened to them . They were an awesome band!!

Tim
I have one of their albums and really like it.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:31 am

I highly recommend Rob Cassels (or Rob Cassels Band, depending on the album). His best IMO is his first, Evening Pastoral. Sadly, it is VERY hard to find ($53 on ebay if someone wants to get me a Christmas present. Smile )

This is from his latest

This is from his Kamikaze Christian album. Skip to 0:45 to jump over the Portuguese (Spanish, whatever) intro. 

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 am

Vision with Billy Powell (formerly of Lynyrd Skynyrd) is definitely another one.

This vids a beautiful song, although not really a good example of their Southern Rock sound

Back to top Go down
markus1987

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 am

BearDad wrote:
I highly recommend Rob Cassels (or Rob Cassels Band, depending on the album). His best IMO is his first, Evening Pastoral. Sadly, it is VERY hard to find ($53 on ebay if someone wants to get me a Christmas present. Smile )

This is from his latest

Oh yeah. That sounds really good. And I'm definitely gonna check some other stuff from this guy.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am

Here's a Southern Rock band you should check out:

Back to top Go down
Riverrat

Riverrat

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Here's a Southern Rock band you should check out:

I second this.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for this style band, but here is one I was a little surprised to not see.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:00 pm

I don't know that I would call these guys "southern rock" or not.  True southern rock is a mix of elements of both rock and country music.  Thieves & Liars doesn't quite fit that bill.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:40 am

I just did the downloads for Chainbreak3r.  They definitely fit this bill, and I think I am going to love these releases!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2