For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayers needed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Number of posts : 3738
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:26 pm

How's the preparations going, alldat?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18089
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 pm

I have one sermon ready for Sunday night. I'll finish the other one in the morning.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14637
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:20 am

Good luck to write the sermon for the morning service.
Hope you can concentrate to write a good sermon with a bold message.
I hope both sermons are messages from God the people will remember for a long time.

What will tell this sermon?
Can you give the scriptures you use for both sermons?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:41 pm

God bless, bro! May you and the congregation be lead by Jesus on this.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:18 pm

still praying for you dude and hope you have figured out the sermon for the morning service
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:55 am

Maybe I am wacked or something, but I keep getting a super cool feeling every time I think about this. Several times there have been possible preaching positions, but none have panned out or made me feel like this one. Whenever I think about it, I get cold chills up my spine. Chills of excitement.

Maybe what I am feeling is wishful thinking and hoping that the job comes through. But MAYBE what I am "feeling" is a premonition of the wonderful gig in your future.

Only time will tell, and you KNOW I will be praying for you BOY.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:48 am

Thanks, bro. That means a lot to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:37 am

That's what I have to a super cool feeling about this.
You are in my prayers too tomorrow.
God goes with you tomorrow and He'll set you free to tell what He told you to preach about tomorrow.
I hope your both sermons will be the best sermons the people ever have heard there.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18181
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:07 pm

sabidoo wrote:
Maybe I am wacked or something, but I keep getting a super cool feeling every time I think about this. Several times there have been possible preaching positions, but none have panned out or made me feel like this one. Whenever I think about it, I get cold chills up my spine. Chills of excitement.

Maybe what I am feeling is wishful thinking and hoping that the job comes through. But MAYBE what I am "feeling" is a premonition of the wonderful gig in your future.

Oh my, who hijacked Sabidoo's user name? This has to be the nicest thing I have every seen him post. Very uncharacteristic if him. Quick Sabidoo if your reading this someone has hacked into your user id, and you need to change your password.
Tongue

Alldat, I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will guide you during both of the sermons you will deliver. Also I would love to read them, if you have them in some format you can post them that would be super-cool (if not don't go out of your way).

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
sabidoo wrote:

Oh my, who hijacked Sabidoo's user name? This has to be the nicest thing I have every seen him post. Very uncharacteristic if him. Quick Sabidoo if your reading this someone has hacked into your user id, and you need to change your password.
Tongue

Nothing like some SICK, TWISTED, FREAKISH PERVERT keeping yall guessing, huh?

Besides, I am required by Islamic law to be nice to my little bitty baby brother Bro. bubba c 3 times a year.... HAHAHAHAHA

I said Islam....Twisted Evil lol! afro
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:41 am

How did it go yesterday?
I am curious to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:39 am

Everything went pretty smoothly.

The church is not as large as we thought. Oh, the building is still the size I estimated. But, because of some bad past experiences and having been without a pastor for 15 months, the church has decreased in size. I guess there were about 35 on Sunday morning.

But, there must have been some phone calls going as the number was UP for Sunday night. I guess we were up to about 50.

I got to meet and spend quite a bit of time with Robbie & Paula Boring and their three boys. They were super nice folks, and they fixed us a spread & a half for lunch! I've gone to people's houses for a meal like this before when I would speak at a different church, but the Borings really made us feel like we'd known them all of our lives. I'm sure they won't read this, but it you do, THANK YOU so much!

Now, onto the sermons themselves.

Sunday morning, I preached out of John 21 where Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he loves him. Jesus is restoring Peter to the ministry after his threefold denial. On the third time through, when Peter's heart is aching because of Jesus asking him this repeatedly, Jesus repeats his calling of the Apostle to "Feed my sheep". He then tells Peter how much it will cost him to follow Jesus: his very life. Then, Peter asks about John's calling, and Jesus tells him, "If I want him to live until I return, what is it to you? Just follow me."

If we really love Jesus, we are all called to "feed his sheep" in one way or another. We must love him more than anyone/anything, and be willing to even give our lives if necessary. And, our calling is our own. Don't try to walk in someone else's shoes just because they have a successful ministry. What God gives you to do, regardless of how monumental or miniscule, do it faithfully out of love for him. If we cannot, then we will hear those same words: Do YOU love ME?

(That was the cliffnote version!)

Sunday night--Acts 12--the arrest of Peter.

Peter is arrested. The church is praying around the clock for him. On the night he is to be executed, an angel frees him from his chains and leads Peter out of the prison to the streets. Peter goes to John Mark's mother's house to tell them what has happened. When he finally convinces them to open the door, they get pretty loud and Peter calms them down so they authorities won't be called. He asks them to tell James (not the son of Zebedee/brother of John as he is executed at the first of this chapter) and all the brethren what has happened.

1. When we are sick, suffering, or struggling with addiction, our burden is not our own. We need to have a church who is willing to pray around the clock if necessary.

2. God will never answer a prayer until it is time! When Peter really had a NEED to be released, his miracle came! God answers prayers at the perfect time--even if we think He's cutting it too close. Peter would have been killed later that night, so his deliverance came just in a nick of time!

3. Our victory/celebration is not our own! When Peter realized he was set free, he went to the church and they were jubilant--exstatic! They were overjoyed to see him and to KNOW that God answers prayers.

4. Our testimony isn't our own, either! Peter had to tell somebody what the Lord had done for him. He instructed his prayer partners to do the same! Tell all the brethren. Why? Because it builds faith to hear the stories of people around you when God is moving. It draws people to the Lord! SHARE THAT TESTIMONY!!!!

5. When God delivers you from something whether it be an addiction, depression, etc., sometimes you've got to move. After Peter talks to the church, he moves on. He was in danger to stay in Jerusalem. If you've been delivered from bad things, then sometimes you've got to change the people you surround yourself with in order to stay free. Sometimes you've got to get to work and change situations in your life. But, you cannot keep doing things exactly the same or you are not free. Those chains could have fell off of Peter's hands, but he still had to follow that angel out. If God says move, then MOVE!!!!!

I would post the full sermons here, but I don't really write sermons, Gary. I write sermon outlines and notes to take with me. Sometimes I follow them, but most of the time they just lay on the pulpit unused after I take the time to type them up. I can e-mail those to you, though, if you are interested.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:42 am

Oh, and as far as knowing if they will call us back, I don't know anything. A lot of the people were standing around after church, and we said our goodbyes after a while so that they could talk. I'm sure they wanted to compare notes and see if they want us to come again or not. Several of the people did tell us that they wanted us to return, but I guess that is up to the church committee.

I have a very good feeling about this, though. While the church has lost a lot of people, they have a great core group that could really make a difference in rebuilding. I know that I can't grow a church, but I am willing to do what God tells me so that He can.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:49 am

It's so good to hear everything went pretty smoothly
Very good to here the Boring family welcomed you on a way like this.
That helps a lot.

30 people in the morning service is not much.
are you a bit dissapoined about how much people come to this church?

I am very interested to read the sermons too.
If it's possible will you e-mail me the sermonds too?

I hope your both sermons impressed the people and God will work out the words you have told in their hearts.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I would post the full sermons here, but I don't really write sermons, Gary. I write sermon outlines and notes to take with me. Sometimes I follow them, but most of the time they just lay on the pulpit unused after I take the time to type them up. I can e-mail those to you, though, if you are interested.

The cliff notes version was great (no need to post the whole thing). When I speak I do it from an outline as well. Those sounded like great sermons, wish I could have been there to hear them.
Its good to hear things went well, it will just have to be in God's hands now. (try not to be too nervous about it).
Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:28 pm

I got a little nervous before I got up to speak, but I always do that. I want people to really feel like they've heard God's word--not just some idiot country boy speaking. I still get a case of stagefright everytime.

But, it is funny in an ironic sense: neither Holly or I are very nervous about this. God might fool me, but this really feels like where we need to be. However, the church has to decide that as well.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:55 pm

It's in God's hands now.
Know that if it's God's will to join this congregation to be their shepherd, God will give you the job.
I hope it will be YES !!!.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3738
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:53 pm

Glad it went well, Chris. And as Yvonne said "it's in God's hands now."

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:06 pm

glad it went well dude . And im still praying
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Keep us updated, if you hear something.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:39 pm

We still haven't heard anything. I know--search committees can take forever, and I probably would myself under these circumstances. I know that the folks at the church want to be sure that they choose the right guy for their pastor. But, it's driving me crazy to not hearing anything!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:45 pm

I can imagine that it drives you crazy not to hear anything.
It takes almost 14 days now.
I hope this commitee decided what's the best pastor to guide and lead and let their church grow will be.
God will show this church what His choice will be.
I pray it will be you.
God will give you the peace to wait to stay calm.
I am so curious what it will be and of course I hope it will be yes.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:59 pm

This is what happens when you pray for patience, God makes you wait.

But seriously I can't stand having to wait either. But it's not like there is anything you can do to hurry the process.

Come to think of it maybe there is.... but calling all the committe members 4 times a day (and night) will probably not make them see you as a sound choice.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Maybe I should threaten to send them all polka CDs. That would, I presume, push them to a decision!

Back to top Go down
sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Maybe I should threaten to send them all polka CDs. That would, I presume, push them to a decision!

YEAH.....Weird Al for the whole congregation Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next