For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayers needed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:40 pm

so you ready for tomorow ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18247
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:58 pm

I just need to type up my sermon notes. I worked on the both of them for about 4 1/2 hours today. Well, I've been mulling them over in my head, but I really got them focused today.

I'm just praying that tomorrow will give us more of an indication of if this will be our new church home.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 am

Hey, I just saw this thread. I pray that God will speak through You and change some lives around you. May God bless you my brother. Smile

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14729
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:40 am

God is with you today.
That's my hope too that God will gives you an indication if that will be your new church home.
Let us know how it went as soon you have the time.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
Glad to see you are still keeping your sense of humor.
But if you really want the job, threaten to let Sabidoo sing.

You die sucka...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18277
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Missed me Tongue

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:20 pm

So have you heard any news from the church yet?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:52 pm

It's only been two weeks this time. I am guessing that they won't make a decision until after the New Year. With all the holiday goings on that churches have, it would be a rather stressful time for a congregation to have to finalize their pastor selection.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:26 pm

very true
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 am

We still are just as curious as you are so please keep us informed about the pastor position in Pikesville.
I hope and pray you feel the peace of Jesus inside you now you have to wait again?

No mean God has a better plan for you.
Wait means God has an other time for you.
Yes means it's God's time and this church is His place for you to serve Him.
Rely on Him.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 am

Any news yet?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:01 pm

I got an email from the head of the search committee. They are continuing whatever they are doing on their end. No pastor has been selected.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Hmmmm, that's not the news we were waiting for.
Now I hope you can move on and wait till there comes something better.
I trust God will guide you to a church were you can serve God.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 pm

I just saw this thread and thought I would add a few thoughts. I have only been called to pastor one church, the one I have been at for over 7 years now. I was appointed to the other one that I pastored for 2 years prior to that.

One of the hardest things for a church that has been without a pastor is choosing one. There are a lot of difficult things for them to decide, and typically they are afraid of getting the wrong one and then having to wait and start over again. The church I pastoring had 5 pastors in less than 10 years. It had dropped from about 90 in attendance to less than 40 at one point. It has rebounded to between 65-70 in the time I have been here. It took me forever it seemed like to convince the congregation that I was not going to leave in 2 or 3 years.

It can be very frustrating waiting, but if they are truly seeking God's direction, my guess is that there are things that God needs to work out in His time before you can be called. When I was called, I knew that the church was going to be without a pastor before he left. I prayed about whether or not to put my name into the ring, and I felt very clearly that I should not at that time. I felt very clearly that I should wait. That was in April of 2000. In August of 2000, I was contacted about preaching a trial sermon. It was October of 2000 when we actually took the pastorate. In that time, a lot of time passed, but in that time God did some incredible things in the church to prepare it for us. Financially speaking, the church was in desperate need in April 2000, having trouble paying its power bills and such. Without a full-time pastor, they were able to get ahead a bit financially and when we arrived that October, we never had to look back financially. We maintain everything very nicely, but not over abundently.

By the time we arrived, the people were very hungry to have someone that said they would be willing to stay for a while. They did not want any conflicts to arise, and actually, there were some difficult persons who got tired of the being in the church without a pastor to side with them or cover for them. They began to stand out on their own and people saw them for who they really were. They all left before I came and the atmosphere has been very peaceful for the whole time.

All I can say is that being where God wants you WHEN God wants you there is the best possible thing in the world. Don't rush the process, just trust Him. If the people are truly seeking God's direction, they will make the right choice at the right time. If they are not seeking God's direction, you probably don't want to be there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Nazpastor I agree for 100 % with your last words.
God only showed that this congregation wasn't the right congregation for you to start with.
God knows why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4