Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Of Fire.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 am

This is what I have found on the facebook page of Day Of Fire.

Quote :
It's OFFICIAL the album is being mixed and it sounds as huge as Zach's Hi-Hats.!!!
I think the guys are working on a new album.
I thought Day Of Fire quit one year ago.

Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:37 am

I was a huge days of fire fan. I saw them in concert their first tour. Wow awesome. I recently downloaded their losing all cd. I was so disgusted. It was full of romantic broken heart drivel. I was so disappointed in it. It was a waste of $9.00 for me. The Dark Hills was the only song on it with any spiritual significance at all. I really believe he was trying to make a commercial "secular" and I am not to crazy about that term but it applies cd.

I had heard that Daughtery had co-written four songs on the cd. It had that kind of sound. I usually try to give bands the benfit of the doubt in their lyrics. They do not have to be Jesus constantly. If they are positive and truth filled I will dig them. But that one was depressing for me. My opinion alone. ANd you know what they say about opinions
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This is what I have found on the facebook page of Day Of Fire.

Quote :
It's OFFICIAL the album is being mixed and it sounds as huge as Zach's Hi-Hats.!!!
I think the guys are working on a new album.
I thought Day Of Fire quit one year ago.

It's true, they called it quits about a year ago. I read further down the page that it's an album of B-sides from Losing All. So I suppose that's the next best thing to a brand new record (cause in a way, it kind of is lol). Sorry to kill any excitement of a reunion lol

However, I DID find out that Josh Brown has a new band!! They're called A New Rebel! I found their facebook page (A New Rebel), but they don't have any music uploaded yet. But after searching around on youtube, I found some songs by them. I gotta admit, I kinda like this stuff MORE than Day of Fire:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Well I really liked the "Losing All" album from Day of Fire. But I gotta confess that I don't pay really close attention to lyrics for the most part (unless they really bug me). A b-sides album could be a real mixed bag. Sometimes they have really cool stuff, but often they are full of weak filler that just shouldn't have been released....I am cautiously optimistic.

Digging the new "A New Rebel" tunes you posted ST (but I wouldn't say I like it better than Day of Fire). Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a Christain project, or has Josh given up on the "Christian Band" thing. It looks like one of the other members is from the secular band "Saliva".

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Well I really liked the "Losing All" album from Day of Fire. But I gotta confess that I don't pay really close attention to lyrics for the most part (unless they really bug me). A b-sides album could be a real mixed bag. Sometimes they have really cool stuff, but often they are full of weak filler that just shouldn't have been released....I am cautiously optimistic.

Digging the new "A New Rebel" tunes you posted ST (but I wouldn't say I like it better than Day of Fire). Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a Christain project, or has Josh given up on the "Christian Band" thing. It looks like one of the other members is from the secular band "Saliva".

I'm going to guess that this new band is not going to be marketed as "Christian" per se. Jonathan Moytoa is the former Saliva singer and was in Josh's previous band Full Devil Jacket. I think there is anotehr person in the band from FDJ as well. I admit that I am a fan of it to, as it has more of a hard rock sound rather then the grungier sound of FDJ. I would suspect that the lyrics will be clean and may have some spiritual stuff to it.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I'm going to guess that this won't be marketed as a "Christian" rock group per se. 2 other members (including the one who is ex-Saliva) were with Josh in Full Devil Jacket. One guy is in the group Saving Abel (if you've ever heard them). I'm going to guess that the lyrics will probably be clean and may have some spirituallity in them but this won't be a Christian rock group. As far as A New Rebel, I really am digging the sound as well. Definitley more of a hard rock sound then the grungier sound of DoF

Last edited by ChosenOne on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
I was a huge days of fire fan. I saw them in concert their first tour. Wow awesome. I recently downloaded their losing all cd. I was so disgusted. It was full of romantic broken heart drivel. I was so disappointed in it. It was a waste of $9.00 for me. The Dark Hills was the only song on it with any spiritual significance at all. I really believe he was trying to make a commercial "secular" and I am not to crazy about that term but it applies cd.

I had heard that Daughtery had co-written four songs on the cd. It had that kind of sound. I usually try to give bands the benfit of the doubt in their lyrics. They do not have to be Jesus constantly. If they are positive and truth filled I will dig them. But that one was depressing for me. My opinion alone. ANd you know what they say about opinions

Gotta remeber thou, there was a lot of things going on with the band at the time of the album. They had gotten dropped (or left, not sure) by Essential records and lost their management deal. Plus, Josh Brown himself was going thru some personal struggles as well including nearly getting a divorce. So for the most part, it was a very open and honest album full of heartache. I thought it was a good album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day Of Fire. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Of Fire.   Day Of Fire. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Of Fire.
Page 1 of 1