Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seventh Time Down - Alive in You

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Seventh Time Down - Alive in You Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:41 pm

These guys were signed to BEC records a while ago and just released their debut full length today. They're a modern rock band with a southern rock twist, not all that different than Decemberadio or Ember. I really like his vocals, as he displays a pretty open vocal range, especially in the song Love Parade. Here's a few of my favorites off the album.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I kinda like their sound and will probably get this. They remind me of Decemberadio. I have heard that these guys' indie debut was a lot heavier than this, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I kinda like their sound and will probably get this. They remind me of Decemberadio. I have heard that these guys' indie debut was a lot heavier than this, though.

Well the EP they put out last year was only a few songs, all of which are on this album. The new versions sound a little more polished though. Then the album they put out back in 2006 was nowhere near this good. In fact, I would consider it more country than anything. I think it had more to do with the mediocre production. I saw them at a show several years ago and bought their album only to find that it sounded nowhere near as rockin as they sound live. I know it's on "That-internet-music-store-that-shall-not-be-named", but I'm not sure if there's anywhere else you can hear samples.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I went ahead and ordered this CD from Amazon tonight. I needed to order the DVD "The Grace Card" to show to my youth group, and I grabbed this CD to bump me over $25 so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. Man, I love Amazon!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 am

Heavy stuff is this, but I like it.

Quote :
"That-internet-music-store-that-shall-not-be-named",
We can call that internet-music-store the MSWNN.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 pm

I knew I'd enjoy this album because I saw Jesus Freak Hideout gave it a 2.5/5 stars review. The first two songs I posted above JFH considered the "low points" of the album even going as far as to say "Jesus Machine" is a song about partying that they just casually threw the name of Jesus in because they're a christian band and that's what you're supposed to do. IMO, they couldn't be any more wrong about this album. I know all reviews are merely just the opinion of one reviewer, but sometimes I feel like they are a little TOO objective at JFH Neutral
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 pm

I'll let you know what I think after it comes in the mail in a few days.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:23 am

Seventh Time Down - Alive in You 8

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 7th band.....no make it stop!

At least these guys sound good...I hate to say it, but I really dig the first few tracks here.

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 am

Staybrite wrote:

At least these guys sound good...I hate to say it, but I really dig the first few tracks here.

I know, Staybrite! And to top it all off, they're one of those bands who replace a letter with a number even when it doesn't look like the letter it's replacing! Haha
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am

At least I do understand this one. One of the characters in the OT was told to go wash in the river seven time to be healed of his disease. He was cleansed on the "seventh time down".

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:

It's like all the bands that are popping up with RED in their name. As far as this album goes, got it today. Have only listened to bits and pieces so far but I like what I hear so far
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I got this in the mail today and am listening to it right now. I must say that I am diggin'g this. I does sound like Kutless and Decemberadio, but the vocalist does have more range than Kutless. This also has some similarities to Building 429. If you only want to rock hard, then you might want to pass on this. But, if you like bands with a Nickelback sound, then this still might be for you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Time Down - Alive in You   Seventh Time Down - Alive in You I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Time Down - Alive in You
Page 1 of 1