Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Streaming Radio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Not sure if anyone here listens to Yahoo radio - if not, I highly recommend it !

I get tired of my own mixes I make for the work day and want to listen to something different, so I try out online radio. Most stink, or play way too many commercials, or don't even know what Christian rock is.

Enter Yahoo! I'm impressed. Been listening for quite a while now, no commercials and plenty of pretty good background music to my work day. Skillet, Sanctus, POD, House of Heroes, etc. Very uplifting and different than my usual mixes.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 pm

I reccommend RadioU as well. A MUCH better mix than anything you'll hear on the FM radio and very few commercials if any at all. They also have morning talk shows too which is pretty cool. Also, if you have a high speed internet connection handy, they have a music video parallel station called TVULive (link is at the top of the page) where they stream music videos and have things such as top 10 countdowns. I highly recommend it as well!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Cool, I'm gonna check that one out as well.

Ok there's not NO commercials on Yahoo, BUT they're far and few between. You get to listen to quite a few songs before a quick plug.

Got a little Falling Up, Kutless, Anberlin and some Switchfoot. Not exactly hard music, but great for work (since if I listen to my harder tunes, I have to turn it down real quiet)
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Is Yahoo! Radio free?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Is Yahoo! Radio free?

I'm pretty sure it is.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 am

Here's another good radio station I found: It's called Dead to Self Radio and can be streamed right to your windows media player so you don't have to worry about navigating away from the page and losing the feed. And the song selection is very good! The past 5 songs that have played just now include Triggersoul, Dark From Day One, Divinefire, Atomic Opera, and Liberty N' Justice.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am

Gonna give Dead to Self Radio a try.

Yahoo radio is free and pretty good. I like it.

RadioU was kind of annoying as they kept interupting songs with pledges and pushing for donations after every other song.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am

silentthunder89 wrote:
Here's another good radio station I found: It's called Dead to Self Radio and can be streamed right to your windows media player so you don't have to worry about navigating away from the page and losing the feed. And the song selection is very good! The past 5 songs that have played just now include Triggersoul, Dark From Day One, Divinefire, Atomic Opera, and Liberty N' Justice.

Now that sounds more like my kind of music....gonna have to check that one out.

Guilty/Forgiven

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Great recommend dude !!!!

This station's awesome !!! Dead to Self Radio is my new fav sreaming radio !
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
RadioU was kind of annoying as they kept interupting songs with pledges and pushing for donations after every other song.

Haha! Sorry, this probably wasn't the best time to recommend that station. They aren't normally like that, asking for pledges every other song. They're only like that because they've been trying to raise money for a specific fundraiser they've been holding this week (not sure what the reason was). But I do know they are a self-sustaining station. I believe today was the last day of the fundraiser, so they should be back to normal tomorrow. You might like to take another shot at it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Quote :
You might like to take another shot at it tomorrow

I shall do that.

However, I'm really down with the "Dead" station. Great stuff ! The only downside is the "Now Playing" on their home page only updates if you refresh the page. So I used my smarts and downloaded Refresher 1.2 and set it for 30 second refresh intervals. Now whenever a song comes on I'm curious about, I just look at the home page and it's already refreshed showing the currently playing song. Voila !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Streaming Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streaming Radio   Streaming Radio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Streaming Radio
Page 1 of 1