Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Close Your Eyes - Valleys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Close Your Eyes - Valleys Empty
PostSubject: Close Your Eyes - Valleys   Close Your Eyes - Valleys I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 pm

I've been following this band for several years and it's been great to see them grow and finally get signed to a major label. This is the video for the first single they've released from the new album "Empty Hands and Heavy Hearts" due to come out Tuesday. They used to be much more hardcore, but they've really polished and refined their sound to its current awesomeness (and yes, you can definitely understand all the words lol). They have a sound very similar to the secular band A Day to Remember, but their songs offer messages of hope and faith. So what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Close Your Eyes - Valleys   Close Your Eyes - Valleys I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:36 pm

The guys do sound tight. So would this be what they call "Post Hardcore"?

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Close Your Eyes - Valleys   Close Your Eyes - Valleys I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
The guys do sound tight. So would this be what they call "Post Hardcore"?

It depends on who you ask, but IMO this is a pretty good example.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Close Your Eyes - Valleys   Close Your Eyes - Valleys I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:33 am

I have never heard of this band before, but they do have kind a unique sound compared to other bands in the Christian modern rock scene. Everyone sounds like they are trying to either be Red or Skillet. These guys sound a bit different in song structure. I like how the guy sings and takes his higher notes almost to that "core" sound but never goes completely there. If the rest of the album is that good, then this could be an excellent listen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Your Eyes - Valleys   Close Your Eyes - Valleys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Your Eyes - Valleys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: