For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Daniel 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8863
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Daniel 9   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 pm

I had spent several months studying Daniel a few years back. One of the cool parts was chapter 9 - I decided to put together a chart of my studies to better "see" the math timeline concerning the coming Messiah.
Needless to say, that chart I did by hand and had it in my binder that was stolen. Bye bye work... Evil or Very Mad

In May of this year I began puting the entire chart back together again, this time on my laptop so I could back it up.

Here is the finished chart (again, sorry for the massive size - what you can do is right click, save the image to your PC and open it in a picture viewer program where you can adjust the size... if you want)

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 pm

I showed these studies to a friend of mine who is Jewish (who rejects Y'Shua as Messiah). And I showed him that it doesn't matter which decree you choose, the Messiah ALREADY came several years ago according to Daniel 9.

He wouldn't hear of it. He said his Rabbi speaks of different understandings of these verses.

It really saddened me. He's such a great loving person, but refused to even consider Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:56 pm

That's a real bummer about your Jewish friend.

On a happier note my wife used to work with someone who was Jewish and she felt compelled to share Jesus with her.
Turns out her coworker allready was a Christian (she called herself a Christian Jew).
She invited us to a wonderful Christmas pageant her church was performing several years ago.

My wife also felt compared to share Jesus with one of her Mormon coworkers and that wasn't nearly as well received.

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 pm

A couple of years ago we had a very interesting Bible study about Daniel.
I learned a lot.
Will read your study later Guilty/Forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Quote :
Turns out her coworker allready was a Christian

Praise God !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Quote :
My wife also felt compared to share Jesus with one of her Mormon coworkers and that wasn't nearly as well received.

There is a Mormon training center where i live. Alot of them live in the apt. complex i live in. They are so lost and have twisted things so bad its sad. be careful of them. They are well trained how to answer the rest of us and are tricky at trying to suck people in. These are people you generaly have to walk away from most of the time. They are a cult who brainwashes their members with fear.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

There is a Mormon training center where i live. Alot of them live in the apt. complex i live in. They are so lost and have twisted things so bad its sad. be careful of them. They are well trained how to answer the rest of us and are tricky at trying to suck people in. These are people you generaly have to walk away from most of the time. They are a cult who brainwashes their members with fear.

We have some good friends in Alabama who are Mormon.
They are great people, would give you the shirt off their back to help.
But we have been at a theological stalemate with them for over a decade.
I'm not sure we will ever be able to convince them of the truth, so we just keep praying.

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Joseph Smith said that the Scriptures (the Bible, not their BoM, PoGP, or D&C) are true "insofar as it is correctly translated"
So if we present an essential doctrine we believe based on Bible passages, and this doctrine is not held by the Mormon prophets, then they simply right it off as incorrectly translated. It's an easy way to dance around the doctrines so important to our salvation.

I spent several years studying Mormon as well as Watchtower teachings, visiting their institutions and libraries, eventually collecting my own library of both cult's publications (some go back to the early 1900s). These are very handy to have for anyone wanting to dialogue with them.

I have a friend who worked at the JW headquarters (the actual Watchtower Bible and Tract Society), he came to the truth through a private study of Romans (which is forbidden by the WT), today he has a ministry to help ppl out of cults*. Anyways, he said the key to opening a cult member's mind to eventually hear what the Bible says, is to shake their foundation - show them that their teachers or prophets have lied, had discrepancies and contradictions. Once they see the fallacies from their own publications, only then can they be receptive to what the Bible has to say.
I have personally done this over the years. I've photocopied pages from their publications and showed them, when they say that the photocopies are phony, I either show them the original I have or tell them to take the copy and verify it's authenticity from their own archives and get back with me. I've had some who were receptive, many who flat out turned me down. (I got a lot of great stories !)

*http://freeminds.org/ (Randy's goal is to free ppl from cults, not necessarily win them all to true Christianity... so his sight is for the open minded). He's a great guy, a people lover, I've bought and been given a bunch of books from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 9   

Back to top Go down

Daniel 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1