Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER

Go down 
+3
Driven
Staybrite
rockerVu2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER Empty
PostSubject: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Anyone ever heard this band or album...They are suppose to sound like 70s classic rock like bto, nugent, etc.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am

This is what I have found.

Amaziah

Amaziah

Hope this is the band you mean?
The first link you can use to listen to samples.
The second link is a link you can read to know more about the band.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Someone sent me a bootleg (mp3s) of one of their albums once, some time ago. I listened to it a few times and promptly deleted it. For some reason it didn't make much of an impression with me. IIRC it was a kind of 70's rock /hard rock, but not performed or recorded nearly as well as those other acts you listed.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 am

I was curious if this is the band brokentulsa meant.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Yes it is.

If this sounds like Daniel Band, then I'm in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

Click on the links I have posted to figure out if they sound like the Daniel Band.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Click on the links I have posted to figure out if they sound like the Daniel Band.

I don't see any links for sound samples. I'll go on YouTube to see if I can find any…

…and no, there's nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Quote :

This is the band! AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER 676823
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:39 am

Brokentulsa AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER 676823

Hope it helped you.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Glad I found this thread. Amaziah brings 70's rock with a heavy classic rock influence. My history with the group dates back to the eighties when I located a a vinyl copy (which can go as high as $1500 on eBay) at a local record store. Following is my story:

My history with Amaziah dates to the mid eighties when I found a vinyl copy of Straight Talker in the cut out bin at a record store in, of all places, Yakima, Washington (And for those who might be wondering: Yes, they have invented the wheel and running water in Yakima!). I recall seeing a sticker on the front cover that read, “Featuring vocalist Derek Elliot!” I turned to my friend and asked “Whose Derek Elliot?” “I don’t know” he responded (annoyed), “Probably some former disco singer.” Disco singer? Hardly, Elliot is actually a pretty good vocalist who brings a smooth, mid-ranged style that, while not exhibiting the greatest range, proves a more than adequate fit for the music at hand.

On a side note: At around the same time I was attending a picnic with a Pentecostal church I was associated at the time and happened to mention this new Christian band (Amaziah) I had recently discovered in which its members had real long hair and wore black leather jackets and cheetah spotted vests. Now, when you are REAL young, such as I was at the time (late teenage years), you are not always necessarily known for your smart diplomatic and interpersonal skills. In other words, it can be an acquired trait to know when it is best to keep your mouth shut, something that I, obviously, did not learn until at a later age. The feedback I received, as one might imagine, was not all positive. No, not necessary to bore you will all the details, but I remember the Youth Ministers wife commenting to the effect how the band obviously “reflects a lack of solid teaching and understanding”. Sigh. I think we can agree that we as a Body of Believers we have grown up quite a bit since the anti-Christian rock days of the eighties, right?

When I heard that Straight Talker was going to me re-released I immediately went through my vinyl collection with the idea of giving it a few spins but could not locate it. Where did it go? Did I sell it on eBay for $1500? The most logical answer is that I donated it to the “anti-Christian rock record burning night” put on by that Pentecostal group way back in the day…
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Dynamis wrote:

When I heard that Straight Talker was going to me re-released I immediately went through my vinyl collection with the idea of giving it a few spins but could not locate it. Where did it go? Did I sell it on eBay for $1500? The most logical answer is that I donated it to the “anti-Christian rock record burning night” put on by that Pentecostal group way back in the day…[/font]

Oh bummer man.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 pm

That was a joke- I was not really trying to be serious. I think I might have lost it in a move or gave it away to Goodwill by accident.

Also, sorry if there was Too Much Information in my post. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Just call me Gull-a-bull. Very Happy

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 am

I still can't find any samples of this. I'd like to hear a song or two before ordering.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:30 am

Amaziah brings seventies influenced classic rock and hard rock. Nothing groundbreaking or mind blowing but still quite good at the same time.

Have you checked CD Baby for online samples?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 am

I'm interested to listen to some samples of Amaziah.
What I have read about this band their music can be very cool.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 pm

I found this:

http://glorifytheturd.com/?p=600
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Great find, DBF! One of the songs had a real AC/DC vibe to it. I am looking forward to owning this one!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 am

You did a good job DBF to find those samples.
This album will perfectly fit in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:43 pm

After listening to the samples, I have to confess that I'm still not feeling the love for this band. Gonna pass.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Staybrite, you don't have to love this band, but like their songs geek
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I like it too. This one will be at home in my collection.

However, the production/mastering on those samples was pretty bad… Cliffy will probably come through and make this sound good or great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the samples of this band DBF. I like the music but the vocalist not so much...that is the case with alot of Christian bands for me. I will have to see how the remastered stuff sounds before I decide to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Meh, I give it a 2 and 1/2 out of 4 on my rating scale. I like it, it's got a good old rock sound to it, with some cool lyrics, but it's not to be hyped at all.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Here is the Angelic Warlord review of Amaziah: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/a/amaziah79.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER   AMAZIAH - STRAIGHT TALKER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next